Espresso: General Discussion
Whooot! I am getting a speedster!
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > General > Whooot! I am...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 3 of 5 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
jwoodyu
jwoodyu
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Allex Duetto II
Grinder: Mazzer Major
Posted Thu Oct 17, 2013, 7:35pm
Subject: Re: Whooot! I am getting a speedster!

emradguy Said:

lol...you guys are too funny.

Posted October 17, 2013 link

J&R -  free marriage counseling every Thursday. :)

emradguy Said:

My wife makes French style scrambled eggs about once a year...and besides that does absolutely no cooking whatsoever!

True love is the only explanation!

Actually a doctor buddy of mine had a wife that would not heat up canned soup. He said something to her about her cooking skills early in their marriage and she quick stone cold. When they built "The House" in their early 50s she really begged him to build it without a kitchen, naturally he declined.

We just sold our the Thomas the tank engine table. My youngest is 13 so those days are behind us sadly.

Yes i have a reason for leaving SCG off my list, yes it is my opinion, yes it is subjective as opinions are by definition, no don't start a flame war because you disagree.
 View Profile Link to this post
shnxx
shnxx
Expertise: Just starting

Posted Thu Oct 17, 2013, 9:27pm

Synesso or Speedster or GS3?
jwoodyu
jwoodyu

Posted Fri Oct 18, 2013, 4:48am

shnxx Said:

Synesso or Speedster or GS3?

I understand the GS3 and the Speedster are cousins so to speak but IMO the GS3 is sort of in "no man's land" from a price perspective. It's a big step up in price but lacks the profiling ability of the Slayer or Synesso and its cousin the speedster got all the looks in that family.

Yes i have a reason for leaving SCG off my list, yes it is my opinion, yes it is subjective as opinions are by definition, no don't start a flame war because you disagree.
emradguy
emradguy

Espresso: Duetto II; Twist v2
Grinder: M Major, Macap M4, Pharos,...
Drip: Espro presses; Aeropress
Roaster: H-B "List of Favorites"
Posted Fri Oct 18, 2013, 8:04am

and nobody has mentioned the Mirage yet, which is available from Kees in spring piston lever...

Always remember the most important thing is what ends up in your cup!
jwoodyu
jwoodyu

Posted Fri Oct 18, 2013, 9:34am

Ron now that is going lever in a big way. I had seen that machine on their site for awhile but I have no clue how much that baby cost. I am sort of wishing i had cut this deal with the wife when Euro was in trouble a while back. I also wish I thought about making the show in Chicago earlier this year, it is an easy drive.

shnxx
shnxx
Expertise: Just starting

Posted Fri Oct 18, 2013, 9:37am

jwoodyu Said:

I understand the GS3 and the Speedster are cousins so to speak but IMO the GS3 is sort of in "no man's land" from a price perspective. It's a big step up in price but lacks the profiling ability of the Slayer or Synesso and its cousin the speedster got all the looks in that family.

Posted October 18, 2013 link

synesso is more expensive right?
i haven't seen a lot of discussion on the synesso while gs3 seems to have a lot.
jwoodyu
jwoodyu

Posted Fri Oct 18, 2013, 10:04am

shnxx Said:

synesso is more expensive right?
i haven't seen a lot of discussion on the synesso while gs3 seems to have a lot.

Very general number that I have heard:

Synesso 10,000
Slayer 9,000
Speedster 8,600 plus shipping and import duty
GS3 Paddle 6,900

I can purchase  Duetto, T1, R58 or any one of several other very fine machines for $3500 or less. If am going to succumb to a brain tumor and spend 7K on a hot water despiser I am surely not going to let another 3K stop me from getting what i really want. Others may not feel that way.

emradguy
emradguy

Espresso: Duetto II; Twist v2
Grinder: M Major, Macap M4, Pharos,...
Drip: Espro presses; Aeropress
Roaster: H-B "List of Favorites"
Posted Fri Oct 18, 2013, 11:03am

List prices, right?  I've seen some posts about people getting GS/3 for significantly less via a simple telephone call to one of a couple of our well-known favorite retailers.

saw you're selling your Motta knockbox...bummer.  I really like mine - except for that dang rubber gasket on the edge, which seems to beea little too short to get well-caught between the wall and the bar, and a little too long to not get caught in there at all.  I kinda wish it fit more snugly, so that it was not floppy in my hand, but removable for cleaning (the latter keeping me from glueing it on with gasket seal - like I did with the little rubber pads under the Duetto cup warmer).

Always remember the most important thing is what ends up in your cup!
jwoodyu
jwoodyu

Posted Fri Oct 18, 2013, 11:30am

emradguy Said:

List prices, right?  I've seen some posts about people getting GS/3 for significantly less via a simple telephone call to one of a couple of our well-known favorite retailers.

saw you're selling your Motta knockbox...bummer.  I really like mine - except for that dang rubber gasket on the edge, which seems to beea little too short to get well-caught between the wall and the bar, and a little too long to not get caught in there at all.  I kinda wish it fit more snugly, so that it was not floppy in my hand, but removable for cleaning (the latter keeping me from glueing it on with gasket seal - like I did with the little rubber pads under the Duetto cup warmer).

Yep list price none dicker sticker. I have not seen anything on the price of the GS3 in the last few years guess I will have to go take a look. I work for a marketing firm in a technical role. Being around all the artsy fartsy types and designers has rubbed off on me. Before this gig I could not have cared less what something looked like as long as it did the job well. Now I appreciate design after working with this bunch of fruit cakes. To my eye the GS3 and Hydra are BUTT UGLY.

Yeah when we moved in here 15 years ago I thought i would NEVER fill up the whole house, wrong. If it is not being used around here it has to go. I love the way that knock box looks but I can take the mess any more. I don't have an issue with it but seems everyone else in the house needs that angle at the back like the tubby to keep from splattering crap all over the counter. :(

frcn
frcn
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Vibiemme Domobar Double
Grinder: Mazzer Kony, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Hario, 2 Cory pots, 1 Cory...
Drip: Behmor Brazen, Bunn A10 mod...
Roaster: computer controlled Hottop,...
Posted Fri Oct 18, 2013, 12:05pm

jwoodyu Said:

... Being around all the artsy fartsy types and designers has rubbed off on me... Now I appreciate design after working with this bunch of fruit cakes.(

Wow..  Really?    :-/

Visit My Website
www.EspressoMyEspresso.com
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
showing page 3 of 5 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > General > Whooot! I am...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.380673885345)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+