Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Grinders - Espresso
Flushing Rocky (Part II)
Espresso Makers
Premium stovetop espresso makers, electric moka pots, machines & accessories.
www.espressozone.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Grinders -... > Flushing Rocky...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 8 of 10 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
eastbaysanfranman
eastbaysanfranman
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Nueva Simmoneli Oscar
Grinder: Rancilio Rocky doserless
Vac Pot: Hario
Drip: Technivorm/Chemex/Espro...
Roaster: Behmor
Posted Sun Nov 18, 2007, 3:35pm
Subject: Re: Flushing Rocky (Part II)

how do you use the click clack to flush the rocky?
 View Profile Link to this post
eastbaysanfranman
eastbaysanfranman

Espresso: Nueva Simmoneli Oscar
Grinder: Rancilio Rocky doserless
Vac Pot: Hario
Drip: Technivorm/Chemex/Espro...
Roaster: Behmor
Posted Sun Nov 18, 2007, 10:12pm

I got the click clack 201002 model (.7qt .7L) and it is really loose not providing an airtight seal at bed bath and beyond, which one do I need?
lschwarcz

Expertise: I love coffee

Grinder: Rancilio Rocky
Drip: Chemex, Press Pot &...
Roaster: Behmor 1600 & Poppery II
Posted Mon Nov 19, 2007, 6:49am

eastbaysanfranman Said:

I got the click clack 201002 model (.7qt .7L) and it is really loose not providing an airtight seal at bed bath and beyond, which one do I need?

Posted November 18, 2007 link

I too just got the ClickClack lid but I bought mine at The Container Store. I noticed that they had two different ones with model number 2010: white and grey. I bought the grey since I felt that it would match better color-wise. When I got home I also thought that it fit a bit loose. But, after taking my hopper into the store it seems that the white one fit a little looser (maybe it was some variance from unit to unit?). I ended up keeping the grey lid.

Now that I've tried it a little it seems that if it fit any tighter it may not have the ease of movement to allow us to slide it down to push out the grounds.

If yours is so loose that it won't push out the bulk of the residual grounds then maybe try taking your hopper off and taking it to the store with you to check the size.

Good luck!
Larry.

Blood Donors save lives! It's fast and easy. Find a local center where you can donate.
http://www.redcrossblood.org/
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
TomP10
TomP10

Espresso: LaSpaz S1
Grinder: mini E-B; Virtuoso
Vac Pot: Yama; balance brewer
Drip: Aeropress
Roaster: Hottop
Posted Mon Nov 19, 2007, 7:14am

Over the years there have been many posts indicating that there are slight size differences with the C-C lids.  When I had Rocky I bought one and got lucky --- correct size.  Nice snug (but not too snug) fit.  It did a great job clearing out the grinds.  

One more benefit -- it reduced the noise with the grinder was running.

- Tom

---------------------------------------------
Three Musketeers?? Nah... Four M's.
cv

Espresso: Wega Mini EVD, SB Barista
Grinder: Vario, Preciso, Rocky DL,...
Drip: Capresso MT500+, Clever...
Roaster: Hottop for a few weeks!
Posted Mon Nov 19, 2007, 11:06am

lschwarcz Said:

Now that I've tried it a little it seems that if it fit any tighter it may not have the ease of movement to allow us to slide it down to push out the grounds.

If yours is so loose that it won't push out the bulk of the residual grounds then maybe try taking your hopper off and taking it to the store with you to check
Larry.

Posted November 19, 2007 link

It might have been mentioned much earlier in this thread but my experience with a new lid is that after a few days the lid seems to expand a bit once it is out of the original jar and into a slight larger Rocky hopper. So if it is a bit loose to start with it might snug up a bit. Mine works like a charm now.

My only complaint is that it is a bit hard to clean because if you rinse it under the tap you end up with a bit of water inside that doesn't drain out easily.
CraigA
CraigA

Espresso: PID/PressureMod 2001...
Grinder: BUNN FPG-2 DBC, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Bodum Santos manual, Yama 5...
Drip: Behmor BraZen, BUNN VPR-APS,...
Roaster: Refurb Behmor 1600, BBQ...
Posted Mon Nov 19, 2007, 11:50am

cv Said:

It might have been mentioned much earlier in this thread but my experience with a new lid is that after a few days the lid seems to expand a bit once it is out of the original jar and into a slight larger Rocky hopper. So if it is a bit loose to start with it might snug up a bit. Mine works like a charm now.

Posted November 19, 2007 link

Yep, my post 21 up from yours Conrad. {;-)

http://twitter.com/CoffeegeekCraig
http://www.facebook.com/craig.andrews.169

Excellent coffee doesn't just happen!
 View Profile Visit website Contact via AOL Instant Messenger Contact via ICQ Contact via MSN Messenger Link to this post
I_Need_An_Intervention

Espresso: Rancilio Silvia
Grinder: Rancilio Rocky Doserless
Posted Fri Nov 30, 2007, 12:52pm

I'm confused. So what size clickclack should I buy??
cappyfan

Espresso: Gaggia Achille, Pasquini...
Grinder: Rocky Doserless, Mazzer Mini
Roaster: Behmor 1600
Posted Fri Nov 30, 2007, 1:33pm

I also bought the .7Qt one from Bed, Bath and Beyond and even after the lid has been off the container for over a week, it is still waaaay too lose for my Rocky.  I believe they've made the container size smaller now.  Since somebody used duct tape to increase the size, I also did the same - I wrapped two layers of duct tape and it fits snug now.   It works quite well for the most part even though it still doesn't get everything out.
I_Need_An_Intervention

Espresso: Rancilio Silvia
Grinder: Rancilio Rocky Doserless
Posted Mon Dec 3, 2007, 7:02am

I just bought my clickclack last night. I got it for 7 bucks at target. I bought the .6 qt size, but it seems to not fit tightly. Maybe a .7 qt size would work better?
DonTMan
DonTMan
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Gaggia Coffee Deluxe w/PID
Grinder: Rocky, SMP
Vac Pot: Sunbeam
Drip: Zojirushi, Pour-over
Roaster: Whirly-Pop, SC/TO, 5 lb Drum
Posted Mon Dec 3, 2007, 7:49am

This is funny as it is the exact same discussion that occurred a year or two ago when people discovered the Click clack.

I think mine is the .6 lid. I know I got it from L&T and it is kind of loose but it still does the job.  I don't know if you guys are actually using the pumpy thing but I am not.  I simply lift the lid (while the grind is finishing up in the hopper) to the point where it almost clears the top of the hopper and then push it down firmly.  I repeat this after I release the button and the burrs whir down.

It does not clear every morsel but it does blow out enough where I don't feel like I'm wasting coffee and I'm not contaminating the next shot.

Good enough for me.

Don Cummings
showing page 8 of 10 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Grinders -... > Flushing Rocky...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.299235105515)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+