Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Grinders - Espresso
Lelit grinders -- PL53 and PL043
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Grinders -... > Lelit grinders...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
Author Messages
leftoverspaghetti
leftoverspaghetti
Expertise: I live coffee

Posted Mon Jul 28, 2008, 1:50pm
Subject: Re: Lelit grinders -- PL53 and PL043

Hey there! I was in this predicament earlier this month. From what I found out, the PL53 is "made specifically for 1st line", who is, as you stated, OUT of them until september and apparently the only importer for the US for Le-Lit. I think the only noticable difference is the spout. On the 53, it's metal, on the 043, it is plastic. Hope this helps! There is a place on ebay that has the 043 as well. You can also get the 25% off if you go through search.live.com. Have fun and good luck!
 View Profile Link to this post
HappyTamper
HappyTamper
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Starbucks Sirena
Grinder: Rancilio MD-40
Drip: Technivorm KB741 Metallic
Roaster: Behmor 1600
Posted Sun Aug 17, 2008, 11:26pm

It looks like to me that the PL53 is 1st-Line Equipment's own model with significant upgrades from the Lelit PL043...such as a metal chute and stepless adjustment:

http://www.1st-line.com/machines/home_mod/lelit/PL53.htm
Click Here (www.lattemaestro.com)
http://www.lelit.com/web_eng/gamma_scheda_tecnica.asp?id=72

Vaneli's has their name on the Mini Pro II which looks to be identical to the PL043 except the Lelit logo is missing...and is $80.00 cheaper and weighs 1.5# more, all the other specs look to be the same. Everybody has their own marketing scheme, but I know what I'm buying out of the 3  : )

https://www.securewebnexus.com/vanelis/product.php?productid=132&cat=0&page=1
little

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Sun May 20, 2012, 1:26am

When i did a shopping for grinder, i've found lelit pl043 too, however when the sales demonstrated how to adjust the grind level, he could not turn the wheel easily, and it's so stiff that he even suggested to add some lubricants into it.  May I know if any owner has this experience?  (it doesn't sound too right to me)
pojoel

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Rancilio Silvia V2.5 w pid
Grinder: Lelit PL043 MM
Drip: Can't drink that stuff.
Posted Tue Nov 6, 2012, 8:12am

I recently bought a PL043 MM, and it's adjusting wheel turns nice and smooth.
cappuccinoboy

Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Milano pod, Milano fully...
Grinder: grind on demand
Posted Fri Nov 9, 2012, 10:46am

laughing7 Said:

I keep hearing about how good these grinders are for the price, but haven't seen any formal reviews on them (here or anywhere else). Obviously the PL53 is out of stock at 1st Line and it seems that will be the case for at least another month or so, maybe longer. The PL043 is in stock at LatteMaestro and I was curious if anyone knew the difference between the two grinders?
Any thoughts on the PL043?
Here's where it's in stock. Click Here (www.lattemaestro.com)

Thanks.

Posted July 22, 2008 link

They are the same identical grinder, same motor, same burr set, different body PL043 stepped, PL053 stepless, (identical to Vaneli's and a few more, so do not be afraid since these little buggers can do a very good job (for the price) (that's a personal quote, although there are other people feeling like me...)
As far as constantly beeing out of stock I cannot comment, still it reminds me when I visited then communist Romania in 1978 (??) Driving out of Bucarest in early morning, with a state company manager I noted a mile long queue and to my question I was told that a local shop was putting on sale "camomille" ,an event that happened twice a year, and those people were patiently queeing to get their supply... you can comment...
ciao, Pietro

xdavez Said:

le lit grinder?  not impressed.

also look at used.  a grinder is a motor and a switch -- that's all.

Posted July 23, 2008 link

as long as people like you think that a grinder is a motor and a switch--that's all, I do not see why manufacturers should worry about making decent equipment, and anyway you forgot the esssential part of any grinder, that's burrs , but respect your opinion and shall never try to advise different
ciao, Pietro
GVDub

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Londinium I, Arrarex...
Grinder: Gaggia MD85, Dienes Mokka,...
Drip: Behmor Brazen, Abid Clever
Roaster: Behmor 1600
Posted Fri Nov 9, 2012, 10:55am

xdavez Said:

a grinder is a motor and a switch -- that's all.

Posted July 23, 2008 link

Guess that means that my collection of PeDe, KyM, and other vintage coffee preparation tools aren't grinders then.

Grinder is the burrs - how you drive the burrs can vary widely. Motors and switches are strictly optional.
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Grinders -... > Lelit grinders...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Commercial Equipment
Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, Rancilio. Nationwide installation. Instant financing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.262626171112)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+