Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Grinders - Espresso
Mods for a Nemox Lux Grinder
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Grinders -... > Mods for a Nemox...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
Author Messages
kemperj

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Quickmill Alexia
Grinder: Mazzer Kony, Baratza Vario
Vac Pot: Yep
Drip: PID Bunn BTX
Roaster: Behmor 1600, Whirley pop
Posted Thu Feb 5, 2009, 11:03am
Subject: Re: Mods for a Nemox Lux Grinder

Upon completing the recommended modification by fifthgen I found that I could not get the Nemox Lux to adjust coarse enough for French Press.  It was outstanding for Espresso and could easily choke my machine.

I then decided to look into purchasing the parts to make the Lux fully adjustable with the adjustment handle.  I was however, concerned that it would take too long to go from espresso grind to French press.

With this in mind I came upon the idea of controlling the depth of the 2mm hex screw to make the machine infinitely adjustable.  It works!

Here’s what I did:

Simple follow Fifthgen’s instruction until you back off the top burr carrier the ½ turn he advises after the burrs touch.

At this point allow the spring loaded thumb latch to lock the burr carrier in place with the burrs ½ turn from touching.

In my machine this placed the 2 mm set screw within a notch or two from the spring-loaded thumb latch.

Now turn the top burr carrier just enough towards the coarse setting (counter clockwise) for the 2mm set screw to be one notch in front of the spring loaded thumb latch. Be careful to turn the carrier to a coarser setting and not finer unless it is already with a notch or two of the thumb latch.  If the 2mm hex is not already close to the thumb latch it can be removed and place into the hole in front of (towards front of machine) the thumb latch.  Unfortunately this will throw off the indexing ring and will require you to make a new hole in the ring to remount the bean hopper.  Personally I don’t like the way the hopper is attached and don’t plan on reinstalling the hopper holding screw anyway.

Now hold down the spring loaded thumb latch and turn in the 2 mm hex screw just until it cannot pass the thumb latch when turned clockwise. (towards a finer setting)

Test this by making sure the 2 mm hex screw can pass over the thumb latch when you adjust the machine setting coarser. (Thumb Latch depressed)

What you have done a created a condition where you can now adjust the machine to its finest setting without running the burrs together and can also adjust the machine to as coarse of  a setting as you may want.  Obviously if you go too far the top burr carrier will come of.

From what I have found on my machine the adjustment ring needs a range of approximately 1½  turns to go from very fine espresso grind to very coarse.

I hope this helps and is not too confusing.  Please let me know if this helps or has any errors.
 View Profile Link to this post
twies

Expertise: I like coffee

Posted Sun Jan 26, 2014, 6:19am
Subject: Re: Mods for a Nemox Lux Grinder

Anyone knows if it is possible to change a part and fix 220v incompatible issues?
It used to work great when living in Europe but now that I live in Trinidad i think the difference with the 220v cycle speed makes it way too slow. Now it is useless :(
In theory I read here that 50hz should work on 60Hz network but I think not in the case of the Nemox.
Click Here (wiki.answers.com)
rgds,
Tomas
btw: Anyone who has a broken lux but with 110v internal I'll be interested to buy it from you.
 View Profile Link to this post
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Grinders -... > Mods for a Nemox...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Great Espresso at Home
Curated selection of the best machines from La Spaziale, Izzo, Quick Mill, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.184026956558)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+