Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Grinders - Espresso
Flushing Rocky (Part II)
Donate to Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids works with farming communities around the world, improving lives. Donate today.
www.coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Grinders -... > Flushing Rocky...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 9 of 10 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
entropic

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Wed Jan 30, 2008, 1:32am
Subject: Re: Flushing Rocky (Part II)

Well I thought I would chime in to help the people looking for the tighter version...

I picked mine up from The Container Store & noticed that there were a few different "models".
As far as the plastic lid ones go, there's the Original & the Accent.

The Original is .6qt (actually says .6 litre on the bottom -- PART No 3010) and has a white lid with white "clickers"... the clear jar part is straight sided.
The Accent is .7qt (says .7L/.7qt on bottom -- 2010) and has a white lid with GRAY "clickers"... the jar has a slight hourglass shape to it... very slightly wider at the top.

For me the Original lid was quite loose whereas the Accent was nice and snug straight outta the, erm, jar.

hope this helps.

BTW I've also been experimenting with pumping the ClickClack while grinding into the PF (I've got a DL Rocky)...
It does a powdery dosing thing that I'm really liking.
 View Profile Link to this post
CoffeeMe
CoffeeMe

Espresso: Brewtus II
Grinder: Rocky DL
Roaster: GeneCafe
Posted Sat Feb 16, 2008, 7:37pm

Good to see others find click clack helpful :-)

I have tried both lids after first discovereing click clack fits Rocky nicely, and have found that slightly smaller lid works best for me as it does not scratch the side of Rocky's hopper. If it is a tight fit, you'll soon discover that it slightly scratches the top of the hopper.

One of left works best "Re: Flushing Rocky (Part II)"

BTW, I LOVE Rocky grinder. This grinder has been with me for years and never had any problem, knock on wood :-)
lgxiii

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Rancilio Silvia
Grinder: Rancilio Rocky SD
Drip: Cuisinart DCC-1200 Brew...
Posted Mon Jul 21, 2008, 1:28pm

I've first seen the Click Clack in operation on one Youtube video showing it at work, then I found this discussion. When I tried to find this Click Clack product locally (Qc, Canada) I wasn't able to get this line of product in my area.

Back home, I decided to give this technique a try with another recipeint I would find in my kitchen. I was using a empty content of margarine to flush water from Silvia and give it a try in Rocky. Since the bottom of the bowl is smaller than inside of beans container and the side wall of this bowl is taper, so when I push it down, it seals the opening, then the piston action blows the grind out of the chute.

I guess I have similar results than using the Click Clack at no cost. Did anyone else try it?
CraigA
CraigA
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: PID/PressureMod 2001...
Grinder: BUNN FPG-2 DBC, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Bodum Santos manual, Yama 5...
Drip: Behmor BraZen, BUNN VPR-APS,...
Roaster: Refurb Behmor 1600, BBQ...
Posted Mon Jul 21, 2008, 2:30pm

Hi Deny,

You can purchase the Click Clack at a store called Linens N Things here in Toronto (I have it), dunno if you have those stores in Quebec though..

P.S. I just checked & nope, no store/s in Quebec. Click Here (www.lnt.com)

http://twitter.com/CoffeegeekCraig
http://www.facebook.com/craig.andrews.169

Excellent coffee doesn't just happen!
 View Profile Visit website Contact via AOL Instant Messenger Contact via ICQ Contact via MSN Messenger Link to this post
lgxiii

Drip: Cuisinart DCC-1200 Brew...
Posted Mon Jul 21, 2008, 5:08pm

Craig,

Thanks for this info. As per their website, they don't have store in Qc. Thus, I don't find this product on their website. Sounds they have OXO but no Click Clack from the search engine. I adapts pretty well with the Olivana margarine content for the cost!
chileman

Grinder: Rancilio Rocky
Vac Pot: Yama
Drip: Capresso ST600, Swissgold...
Roaster: Poppery
Posted Wed Jul 23, 2008, 5:48pm

I just bought the Accent 0.7L version from the container store and it works great.  Nice snug fit.  Also for $2 more they have a platinum or metallic line.  The lid is a great match to the SS of the Rocky.  It's even better than the white.  Very nice.
originalscottyg

Posted Thu Sep 18, 2008, 9:00pm

I just bought the 0.7L Accent at Bed, Bath & Beyond.  
They had the white version for $7.99 and the Grey/Silver Metallic for $9.99.
I got the metallic one because it seemed to fit tighter than the white one in the store.
And I thought it would look better on the SS Doserless Rocky.
It fits nice and snug.  I can't even remove it without slightly squeezing the release buttons.
It works really well to blow out the excess grounds.
Not a substitute for regular cleaning, but great for minimizing stale grounds on a day to day basis.
Thanks for the great tip!!
AustinBaze
AustinBaze

Espresso: Gaggia Carezza
Drip: Bodum ThermoPress
Roaster: Local
Posted Tue Oct 21, 2008, 2:26pm

This simple mod is a little stroke of genius, for bean freshness and grinder blow out--thanks!

I just got mine at Bed, Bath & Beyond (I guess this is in the "Beyond" category) for $7.99, called ClickClack Accent 0.7L (also labeled 0.7 quarts):

* ClickClack Item 201002 (white)
* Bar Code 9 414969 201025
* Bed Bath & Beyond price tag SKU 7070884

I couldn't find the grey/silver one, but the white looks fine on my Rocky SD.  VERY effective!

Baze
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
TheCodFather

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Delonghi  Caffe...
Grinder: Ranchillio Rocky
Drip: Areopress
Posted Tue Dec 30, 2008, 7:36pm

What an awsome idea on cleaning , I never considered that the grinds would get below the bottom burr and the holder .

Howeverr the part in my that likes bigger and better was wondering why use the puffs of the click-clack when a minute with  a drill puts a hole  in the top of the hopper cover then just hall out the compresser and give it heck , Should clear out anything short of the burrs themselves. Yes/no

The Cod father

For Sale : 100 Encyclopedia Book Set !!!!!

I just got married and no longer need them ,
She already knows  EVERYTHING !!!!!
lschwarcz

Grinder: Rancilio Rocky
Drip: Chemex, Press Pot &...
Roaster: Behmor 1600 & Poppery II
Posted Tue Dec 30, 2008, 9:03pm

TheCodFather Said:

What an awsome idea on cleaning , I never considered that the grinds would get below the bottom burr and the holder .

Howeverr the part in my that likes bigger and better was wondering why use the puffs of the click-clack when a minute with  a drill puts a hole  in the top of the hopper cover then just hall out the compresser and give it heck , Should clear out anything short of the burrs themselves. Yes/no

The Cod father

Posted December 30, 2008 link

Yea, a compressor would do the trick too. But, I keep my compressor in the garage and my grinder in the kitchen ;-). And, you would need to keep it at a pretty low pressure. Otherwise, you'll blow the grinds out the chute and all over your kitchen (YIKES!).

Maybe the compressor idea would work to clean it out occasionally but not daily.

Good luck!
Larry.

Blood Donors save lives! It's fast and easy. Find a local center where you can donate.
http://www.redcrossblood.org/
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
showing page 9 of 10 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Grinders -... > Flushing Rocky...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.276463031769)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+