Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Grinders - Espresso
Doser or Doserless ? and what is the best to buy for under 500.00 ??
Donate to Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids works with farming communities around the world, improving lives. Donate today.
www.coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Grinders -... > Doser or...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
Author Messages
tagliabue

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Izzo ..FAMA Venezia 1 gr....
Grinder: astoria mazzer SUPER JOLLY...
Roaster: one day :-)
Posted Thu Jul 14, 2011, 12:56pm
Subject: Re: Doser or Doserless ? and what is the best to buy for under 500.00 ??

Thanks for all the great post !!! ...

K3 looks great and gives me some thing to think about ...

Yes all are messy but if the base is sloped down like a mazzer rather than a rossi its easyer and faster to clean up ( I have a cleaning company ) so thats why I'm big on this

The stark is rare and have never seen one so it would be a rush to have one sitting on my counter ... :-) but now with the other dream grinders posted .. WOW.... I feel like a kid in a candy store wanting big .. hahaha

1000 to 3000 is unreal at this time .. But I'm all about dreams and goals .. It took me 27 years and I know have the very best you can buy with the tools of my trade ..

So I BIG maybe on one of those grinders some day ..

doser or doserless I'm still unsure .. I wish I could use and then decide .. All I know is doser ..

For now I just want better and maybe some thing thats looks cool sitting next to my maker .. here is a pic

as soon as I have more time . I'll spend it here ready and learning more ..

tagliabue: $(KGrHqUOKjcE3J+K0e7!BN1YSsKcFQ~~_12.jpg
(Click for larger image)
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
tagliabue

Posted Thu Jul 14, 2011, 1:38pm
Subject: Re: Doser or Doserless ? and what is the best to buy for under 500.00 ??

one more pic .. these are from the dealer I bought from in NY and had it shipped to seattle,wa e-bay 500.00 shipping 185.00.. Not bad .. Its in shop now tune up and getting the program pannel to work ?

tagliabue: $(KGrHqMOKkEE29ebSO59BN1YSwUR7g~~_12.jpg
(Click for larger image)
tagliabue

Posted Thu Jul 14, 2011, 11:49pm
Subject: what kind of grinder is this ?

What kind of grinder is this ? ... Maybe mazzer ?

Click Here (www.youtube.com)
JasonBrandtLewis
JasonBrandtLewis
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Elektra T1 - La Valentina -...
Grinder: Mahlkönig K30 Vario -...
Vac Pot: Yama 5-cup
Drip: CCD, Chemex
Roaster: No, no, not another...
Posted Fri Jul 15, 2011, 7:22am
Subject: Re: what kind of grinder is this ?

Yes.  (I think so.)

Then again, a Baratza Vario does the same thing for only $450 . . .

A morning without coffee is sleep . . .
 View Profile Link to this post
SteamPunk
SteamPunk

Espresso: Izzo Alex Duetto2,  VFA...
Grinder: Compak K3 'touch'
Roaster: Behmore 1600
Posted Fri Jul 15, 2011, 10:12am

I love My Compak K3 'Touch'
Doserless, the only way to go for home
Great grinds
Easy to make fine adjustments
Easy to keep base clean, also removable tray
Even has spout that flips, to clean out grounds
Warrior372
Warrior372
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Olympia Cremina, Conti...
Grinder: Mazzer Major & Cimbali...
Vac Pot: Sunbeam
Drip: Trechnivorm  Thermoking &...
Roaster: Has Garanti 2kg & HotTop
Posted Sat Jul 16, 2011, 12:47pm

You can contact Wega direct and get a Wega 6.8 conical, i.e. a rebadged Compak K10 conical, for $800 shipped. That is an absolute steal with both the Wega 6.8 conical and Compak K10 retailing for $1,350 on the cheapest sites online. I just got mine earlier this week. My girlfriend and I were doing side-by-sides shots on a few of my levers (mainly the Conti Prestina and PID'd Peppina) with my Wega 6.8 conical, Cimbali Junior (64mm flat burrs) and Mazzer Major (83mm flat burrs). Without question the shots coming from the coffee ground in the Wega were smoother with less bite (I was intentionally using an acidic Costa Rican I roasted last weekend to see which controlled the acidity the best). I have no idea how long that deal will be around, so if you re interested you might want to jump on it.

I know it is above the $500 stated in the thread title, but felt it was worth noting none the less. It would also allow you to produce much better shots than the Mazzer Stark many above have mentioned due to it's much lower burr RPM of 400 versus the Starks 1050. And 68mm conical burrs are far superior to 83mm flats. Not to mention it is almost half the price at the moment.
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Grinders -... > Doser or...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.23815703392)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+