Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Grinders - Espresso
Fine calibration of Mahlkönig Vario voids warranty.
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Grinders -... > Fine calibration...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
greekespresso
greekespresso
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Rancilio Silvia V3, Gaggia...
Grinder: Mahlkönig Vario Home, Anfim...
Posted Thu Dec 29, 2011, 10:18am
Subject: Fine calibration of Mahlkönig Vario voids warranty.

A member in my forum posted that the warranty of the recently purchased  Mahlkönig Varios is void if the user performs the very common procedure of fine calibration.
Click Here (www.greekespresso.gr)

I checked their web page and there is a confirmation of the above
www.mahlkoenig.de/file/download/default/id/4342

That change in their policy does not make any sense to me.  Does anyone know something more? Anyone from Baratza if they have any colleagues over there in Germany?

www.greekespresso.gr
 View Profile Link to this post
cappuccinoboy

Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Milano pod, Milano fully...
Grinder: grind on demand
Posted Fri Dec 30, 2011, 10:10am
Subject: Re: Fine calibration of Mahlkönig Vario voids warranty.

greekespresso Said:

A member in my forum posted that the warranty of the recently purchased  Mahlkönig Varios is void if the user performs the very common procedure of fine calibration.

That change in their policy does not make any sense to me.  Does anyone know something more? Anyone from Baratza if they have any colleagues over there in Germany?

Posted December 29, 2011 link

Dear friend do not twist words : notice says that "warranty is void if seal is broken" and that has nothing to do with fine calibration
Not that I am a fan of Varios...
Ciao, Pietro
greekespresso
greekespresso

Posted Fri Dec 30, 2011, 10:49am

Dear friend, I twist no words.

Do you know any alternative way of doing the fine calibration without breaking the seal? Please share your wisdom with the rest of us.

By reading the relevant Vario’s  thread can you give a guarantee that grinder’s calibration will never be needed?

And finally can you enlighten us of why my Vario which was purchased in May did not have that sticker?

www.greekespresso.gr
pizzaman383

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Vibiemme DDv2, KAProLinePID
Grinder: Fiorenzato Doge 83,...
Drip: Behmor Brazen
Posted Fri Dec 30, 2011, 1:08pm

You can use the secondary calibration screw to tighten the grind.  If that is not sufficient, then you can probably contact Mahlkönig and ask for assistance.
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
cappuccinoboy

Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Milano pod, Milano fully...
Grinder: grind on demand
Posted Fri Dec 30, 2011, 2:23pm

greekespresso Said:

Dear friend, I twist no words.

Do you know any alternative way of doing the fine calibration without breaking the seal? Please share your wisdom with the rest of us.

By reading the relevant Vario’s  thread can you give a guarantee that grinder’s calibration will never be needed?

And finally can you enlighten us of why my Vario which was purchased in May did not have that sticker?

Posted December 30, 2011 link

as I said I am no fan of Varios and cannot help you. I can only imagine that if the sticker was not there in May, manufacturer had not yet realized that their tightening system was not understood by many customers who kept overdoing and breaking the seal....take Pizzaman383 advice about that......
Ciao, Pietro
greekespresso
greekespresso

Posted Sat Dec 31, 2011, 2:21am

pizzaman383 Said:

You can use the secondary calibration screw to tighten the grind.  If that is not sufficient, then you can probably contact Mahlkönig and ask for assistance.

This is the so called primary calibration and should be used as your last resort. And again, if someone has to adjust it he should undo the fine calibration screw (2mm) first. IMHO, It would have been more reasonable to put the sticker there than onto 2mm screw.
"Re: The Baratza Vario Grinder Owner's Thread"
Click Here (www.baratzallc.com)

cappuccinoboy Said:

as I said I am no fan of Varios and cannot help you. I can only imagine that if the sticker was not there in May, manufacturer had not yet realized that their tightening system was not understood by many customers who kept overdoing and breaking the seal....take Pizzaman383 advice about that......
Ciao, Pietro

Who asked for your help? My grinder is working perfectly and in addition does not have the aforementioned sticker so I can do the fine calibration if the need for that arises.
Because the original post has been drifted, I am reposting it.

greekespresso Said:

Posted December 29, 2011 link

www.greekespresso.gr
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Grinders -... > Fine calibration...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Saeco Espresso Machines
Large selection in-stock, includes Free Gifts and Free Shipping!
www.espressozone.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.283443927765)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+