Espresso: Grinders - Espresso
Problem With Mazzer Mini Doser
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Grinders -... > Problem With...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
chilly65

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Wed Jul 4, 2012, 3:57pm
Subject: Problem With Mazzer Mini Doser

I just signed up for the forum today, after reading quite a few posts about problems with Mazzer Mini doser levers. The problem I am having is that frequently when I pull the doser lever no coffee is dispensed. I looked at many photos, and just finished removing the metal/plastic thing that holds the ground coffee, to which the doser lever is attached (I don't know what that container is called). At any rate, I can see no broken springs or broken parts. It appears that the small lever that fits against the brass cog on the bottom of the plate does not always engage. I realize that I have probably done a terrible job of explaining my problem, but I thought that perhaps someone here could help out, or suggest some place to send the doser unit for repair. Whole Latte Love wants me to mail the entire grinder, and won't permit me to send just the doser. The unit is about 10 years old, and grinds coffe just fine.

Thanks for any help.

Mike
 View Profile Link to this post
hankua
hankua
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Salvatore One Black
Grinder: Major, Rossi, Tanzenia,...
Drip: Behmor Brazen, CCD
Roaster: Feima 800n
Posted Wed Jul 4, 2012, 8:50pm
Subject: Re: Problem With Mazzer Mini Doser

Hi Mike!
I tore down a mini doser awhile back; and if your handy it's not a big deal. Otherwise let someone else do the overhaul for you. There's plenty of posts to read if you use the search function. Good luck!
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
chilly65

Posted Thu Jul 5, 2012, 7:02am

I did a search, and spent quite a bit of time looking at the posts, but so far have not found anything on my problem.  I have tried to find a place that repairs Mazzers, but so far no luck.

Mike
hankua
hankua

Posted Thu Jul 5, 2012, 2:48pm

Ok then, take the doser off and snap a few photos. You have to wedge the star wheel from the bottom to remove the bolt. Don't force or put a pliers on the star, work from the bottom. Also there's a roll pin to remove, and a punch or nail can be used to get it out. Basically take it apart, clean it up, put a little grease on, and have fun putting it all back together. If you tighten the bolt all the way on assemble and it's too stiff, back it off until it's turning smoothly. Parts are easy to find. A new foam gasket is not a bad idea, and don't over tighten the doser  to the grinder, it can bend and get out of round.
chilly65

Posted Thu Jul 5, 2012, 3:27pm

Thanks again.  The problem seems to be with the piece that engages the "star wheel" as you called it.  When I removed the bottom plate yesterday, I cycled the lever quite a few times to see what was going on.  I saw that the piece did not always engage the wheel.  I know there are scientific names for these parts, such as cog, gear, wheel, sprocket, but just not sure which to use.

At any rate, I called 1st Line today, and they said I could send just the doser to them to repair, which is what I think I will do.  The lady I spoke with said the technician would be back on Monday and I could call then and discuss the problem to see what he suggests.

Thanks again for taking the time to address my problem.

Mike
hankua
hankua

Posted Fri Jul 6, 2012, 7:09am

No problem; probably just a return spring needs replacing. Try looking at EPNW, they have diagrams and the parts department should be able to help.

http://www.espressoparts.com/MazzerDoserPartsOnly
fescueman

Posted Sun Mar 3, 2013, 7:25am

Mike,
I'm new to this site, but am having the exact same problem with my Super Jolly doser. Wondering how you resolved your problem with the doser not engaging. How'd it turn out?

Thanks, Scott
chilly65

Posted Sun Mar 3, 2013, 8:14am

I sent the doser back to 1st Line (I bought it from them), and they took it apart, and cleaned and lubricated it.  They charged me $15, including the return shipping, and it works just like new.  Great customer service.
Mike
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Grinders -... > Problem With...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Coffee Kids
Help folks who help folks in coffee producing nations.
coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.230907917023)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+