Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Grinders - Espresso
Mazzer Mini Electronic Type B
Don't suffer bad espresso
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, VBM, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Grinders -... > Mazzer Mini...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
steamer
steamer
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Expobar Brewtus IV R
Grinder: Mazzer Mini-B Baratza...
Vac Pot: Krubs Moka Brew, vacPot
Drip: TechV, and many more
Roaster: Hottop
Posted Fri Mar 14, 2014, 12:38pm
Subject: Mazzer Mini Electronic Type B

Well I was going to buy one, then I see there are none available till pretty much Oct 2014. No one has them. I know WLL have them discounted, but cant sell them, which makes no sense. they would sell me the A at the same price, but enough with the electronic gizmo. I really do not want a doser, otherwise picking would be easier. Oh well...
 View Profile Link to this post
takeshi
takeshi

Espresso: Alex Duetto 3.0
Grinder: Super Jolly
Roaster: Amaya Roasting
Posted Fri Mar 14, 2014, 12:41pm
Subject: Re: Mazzer Mini Electronic Type B

steamer Said:

I know WLL have them discounted, but cant sell them, which makes no sense.

Posted March 14, 2014 link

Not sure what you mean.  They're not in stock but you can preorder according to their site.
Danruth

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Izzo Alex Duetto III
Grinder: Mazzer Mini Electronic B
Posted Fri Mar 14, 2014, 12:53pm

Hmm i just ordered one from chriscoffee.com have you tried there?
steamer
steamer

Posted Fri Mar 14, 2014, 1:43pm

I talked to WLL, they have none and confirm that they are expected 10/2014, yes Oct. Yes you can pre-order, but wait till Oct to get one, maybe not. I went back to CC and I got one there, ealier they had none, oh well got one.
DavecUK

Posted Fri Mar 14, 2014, 5:23pm

Lol, they actually only Make the Mini E grinders for a few months each year, I think they might have a few production runs annually.....certainly that's how it used to be.
Augsburg57
Augsburg57

Espresso: Rocket R58
Grinder: Mazzer Mini E Type A
Posted Fri Apr 4, 2014, 6:50pm

To each his own, but I love my Mini Type A.  Absolutely no issues with the "electronics".  I'm sure it is much more reliable than a manual switch.
calblacksmith
calblacksmith

Espresso: ECM Vene. A1, La Cimbali M32
Grinder: Azkoyen Capriccio, Major
Vac Pot: 40s era Silex
Drip: Msl. Com. brewers
Roaster: gave it a try, decided no
Posted Mon Apr 7, 2014, 6:45am

steamer Said:

Well I was going to buy one, then I see there are none available till pretty much Oct 2014. No one has them. I know WLL have them discounted, but cant sell them, which makes no sense. they would sell me the A at the same price, but enough with the electronic gizmo. I really do not want a doser, otherwise picking would be easier. Oh well...

Posted March 14, 2014 link

OK, I am a little confused. Your equipment list has a B listed, are you looking for a second grinder or are you just getting ahead of the curve on your bio list? :D

Dosers are a personal preference and there is no right or wrong here. What is it that you do not like about a doser? The grind retention in the chute and burr chamber is going to be the same and there are easy fixes to get them to sweep super clean so there only a few crumbs of grounds left in the doser, not much more than what sticks to the walls of the funnel (I have had both and can vouch for the statement).

Clearly if you do not want a doser you do not need to buy one and I will not say that you must lest you be less of a espresso guy, not at all, it is a personal preference and as such, there is no "wrong". It would open the window a lot with regards to choice though if it were an option.

On the other hand, happy waiting list! :D

In real life, my name is
Wayne P.
Anything I post is personal opinion and is only worth as much as anyone else's personal opinion. YMMV!

Feed the newbs, starve the trolls and above all enjoy what you drink!
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
steamer
steamer

Posted Mon Apr 7, 2014, 8:26am

I got the Mini-E a few weeks ago, I just put the Jolly burrs in it and getting the grind and dose adjusted, It working fine, I'm staying with one type of beans till I get used to it more and get the burrs broken in somewhat. I can tell ya that I dont have a home spot for the grinder, meaning I have to bring it out to use, it is a job to lift  as apposed to my Vario, which is much lighter. Yes I did upgrade my profile right after I got the Mini-E
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Grinders -... > Mazzer Mini...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Support Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids is a non profit charity working with farming communities around the world. Donate today!
www.coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.253159999847)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+