Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Mods and Restorations
Vetrano external watertank?
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Espresso Mods > Vetrano external...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
Author Messages
jellyfisherman

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Tue Apr 10, 2007, 1:56am
Subject: Vetrano external watertank?

I have the Quickmill Vetrano and I love it. I have a couple of questions regarding building an external water supply tank. If I have the need to be able to have my machine where direct plumbing is not possible, is it possible to build an external water supply tank? Because of the direct water supply and the rotary pump, do the machine require a certain water pressure or is it possible to connect the water supply to a home made external water supply (a bucket of some kind). I know that it will not be a very beautiful solution, but hey, I need my espresso....;-)
 View Profile Link to this post
SLC

Espresso: Vetrano/Alexia
Grinder: Cimbali Junior/Super Jolly
Roaster: Gene Cafe/Behmor
Posted Tue Apr 10, 2007, 6:18pm
Subject: Re: Vetrano external watertank?

How about FLOJET demand pump?    http://www.chriscoffee.com/products/home/plumbing/flojet

I know the Rotary pump Vetrano needs some time of water pressure.  The FLOJET should take care of that I believe.
Mark
FredtheWhale

Expertise: I like coffee

Grinder: Rancilio Rocky
Drip: Percolator, French Press,...
Roaster: HG/DB, Poppery II
Posted Wed Apr 18, 2007, 7:28pm

You know. I was thinking about this also.
I'm gutting and redoing my kitchen. In the mean time, I was wondering if I could buy a large bottle of water and set up a gravity feed.

Does anyone know if there's a certain amount of pressure necessary in the line, or is it just a matter of wanting the water to flow when the tank needs to be refilled?
greymalkin

Espresso: Quick Mill Vetrano (2006)
Grinder: Mazzer Mini
Drip: Bonavita BV1800
Posted Thu Jan 9, 2014, 3:00pm

I know this is an ancient thread, but I'm wondering if you ever figured this out? I just moved into an apartment where plumbing in my Vetrano is no longer an option.
uscfroadie
uscfroadie
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: GS/3 Strada MP, BDB; owned...
Grinder: Forte, Zass and PeDe hand...
Vac Pot: Nope
Drip: Nope
Roaster: owned Behmor
Posted Thu Jan 9, 2014, 3:33pm

greymalkin Said:

I know this is an ancient thread, but I'm wondering if you ever figured this out? I just moved into an apartment where plumbing in my Vetrano is no longer an option.

Posted January 9, 2014 link

Click this link to get the answer.  Though the machine is different, the answer is the same.

Cheers!
takeshi
takeshi

Espresso: Alex Duetto 3.0
Grinder: Super Jolly
Roaster: Amaya Roasting
Posted Thu Jan 9, 2014, 5:35pm

greymalkin Said:

You can use a Flojet and water bottle.  It's a common solution for using plumbed machines without plumbing them in.  In some cases the Flojet may not be needed but may be easier on the espresso machine's pump.
greymalkin

Posted Thu Jan 9, 2014, 5:50pm

I looked at the Flojet, but don't think it's going to work for me. A 5 gallon water jug out in the open won’t pass the wife test, and drilling holes in the counter or cabinets won't pass the landlord test. If I can get away without having a pump, a smaller water container on the counter might pass muster, especially if I can find something attractive. Do I risk damaging my machine's pump if I just go straight into a container of water?
uscfroadie
uscfroadie

Espresso: GS/3 Strada MP, BDB; owned...
Grinder: Forte, Zass and PeDe hand...
Vac Pot: Nope
Drip: Nope
Roaster: owned Behmor
Posted Thu Jan 9, 2014, 6:06pm

greymalkin Said:

Do I risk damaging my machine's pump if I just go straight into a container of water?

That's answered in the link I posted above.
greymalkin

Posted Thu Jan 9, 2014, 6:10pm

uscfroadie Said:

That's answered in the link I posted above.

Indeed - but takeshi seemed to be suggesting otherwise with "may be easier on the espresso machine's pump."
jellyfisherman

Posted Fri Jan 10, 2014, 4:19am

Hi,

What I did was the suggestion posted in the link. I'm using an external "water tank", i.e the biggest steam pitcher in the house without any external pump. Just make sure to use that no dirt is coming into the water tank. Then it would be pumped into the rotary pump and damage it. I learned that the hard way..... had to repair the pump.
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Espresso Mods > Vetrano external...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.280996084213)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+