Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Mods and Restorations
Questions about Mokita machine
The Coffee Project
Home coffee Roasting equipment, green beans, and supplies
www.coffeeproject.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Espresso Mods > Questions about...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
Barrette

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Tue Jan 29, 2013, 6:19pm
Subject: Questions about Mokita machine

Hi, this is my first post here and i am not sure i am in the right forum.

I have a mokita café crème machine that i have had for around 8-9 years. I had a small electrical problem with it that i resolved quickly, but since the machine was opened, i took the opportunity to do a little maintenance on it. I have a few questions, if anyone of you could give me some answers, it would be appreciated.

I included a picture for reference.

The steam wand attachment has a nut with nipple and a tube that goes back into my water tank on the opposite side of the steam knob. i can turn the nut. Is this some kind of adjustment or do i just screw it in tight and carry on?

Also does that mean i have a 3 way valve? i don't have a solenoid valve in the machine, and no tube that goes back into the boiler...

When i did back flushes, i was told to just lock and unlock my portafilter on the group head and be careful not to keep it locked for too long, since i didn't have a 3 way valve. Does that tube at the back of my steam wand attachment mean i can do normal back flushes like with the 3 way valve method? I know I would have to get a longer tube a send it to the drip tray ( It's my girlfriends machine and as far as i know the tubes have always been like that)

After putting the machine back together and trying it out (just tested it, didn't make myself a coffee yet), i noticed that there was water dripping out of the shower screen. Not a lot, sort of like a leaky faucet. I am going to replace the little rubber ball that is held by the spring and nut at the center of the shower screen to try and fix this, but i that's not it, what could cause this?

I think that's about it. Pardon my coffee newbiness.. I found a couple of pages on imat/lelit machines that answered some questions, but i couldn't find a page where the machine was exactly like mine, so hopefully you guys can help.

Thanks
J-S

Barrette: photo(15).jpg
(Click for larger image)
 View Profile Link to this post
billc

Expertise: Professional

Espresso: CC1 - GS - GS3 - GB5
Grinder: Baratza - Mazzer-Marzocco
Drip: My own Creation
Posted Fri Feb 1, 2013, 8:41pm
Subject: Re: Questions about Mokita machine

J-S,
This part is your OPV.  They are set at the factory.  They are designed to be tightened to compress a spring (inside) a certain amount to provide the correct relief at the set pressure.  Not exactly what pressure they set it to however.  If you moved it and can't remember where it was originally , you would need some way to measure pressure to set it again.  Or you can just adjust by taste.

This machine does not have a 3 way valve so you cant really do "back flushing".  The term back flush comes from running cleaning fluid back through the pipes and 3 way valve.  In your machine the water only travels one way.  Using cleaning solution in the portafilter with blind basket only serves to clean the group area.  Essentially you only need to turn the machine on once and fill the blind basket with water and let it soak.  Unlocking and locking helps by helping to flow some clean water through the basket.

Bill C
Barrette

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Sat Feb 16, 2013, 1:51pm
Subject: Re: Questions about Mokita machine

Thank you for your answers. I learned a lot from taking the machine apart. I was having trouble pulling a decent shot after repairing it, but now everything works fine.

And i adjusted the OPV to taste and it now works correctly.. I think.. but since i can pull an ok shot, i guess it's fine.

the only thing i haven't figured out is how to remove the brew head screen to see if i can clean anything in there. is the water supposed to come out mostly from the center or should it be more evenly spaced out?

I can remove the center nut, but the screen looks like it is wrapped around the side of the brew head, and i didn't want to force it out and bend it.

Thanks
J-S
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Espresso Mods > Questions about...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Find the Right Machine...
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, Rocket, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.185467004776)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+