Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Mods and Restorations
Isomac Relax Automatica troubleshooting - help required
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Espresso Mods > Isomac Relax...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 3 of 4 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
thirdcrack

Expertise: Pro Roaster

Espresso: LSM Practical 95E
Grinder: LSM 90A
Roaster: Toper Cafemino, Gene CBR-101
Posted Sun Mar 24, 2013, 1:22pm
Subject: Re: Isomac Relax Automatica troubleshooting - help required

Important! If you start with disassemble the machine: rule No.1, take as many pictures as you can. Stefano65 was right. It was the solenoid valve. In normal position it should be closed. Most probably it is halfway or fully open because of scale. Open carefully the nuts. If you get the valve out try to blow trough it. If you can you have the faulty part. Disassemble the valve  and throw the parts (not the magnet :-) in warm citric acid bath for several hours. If the rubber part of the valve is too porous you can grease it with food safe silicon. It will close perfectly. I hope you can open the pictures. If you need help just write an e-mail!

What you need:

Citric acid
Loxeal (to seal the winded joints)
eventually food safe silicon

Here you are (the last 5 pics, see the notes):

https://plus.google.com/photos/108 321969429485669039/albums/58537014 01843102321#photos/108321969429485 669039/albums/5853701401843102321

I hope you'll take this challange :-). The small Isomac deserves it.

You have a lovely campsite!

Best regards!

Gabor
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
thirdcrack

Posted Sun Mar 24, 2013, 1:44pm

Don't know what's wrong. I can't post the pics. I'll send them to your e-mail.
thirdcrack

Posted Thu Mar 28, 2013, 1:16pm

AuxMemes Said:

wow that's brilliant. I'd love to see the pics!

Posted March 24, 2013 link

Hi Peter,

Have got my mails with the pictures?

Gabor
AuxMemes

Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Isomac Relax Automatica
Grinder: Rancillio Rocky
Posted Wed Apr 3, 2013, 9:36am

Yes thank you I got the pictures.  Unfortunately the valve works fine and is already perfectly clean.
Still a box of bits I'm afraid.
Thanks for your suggestions!! :)
thirdcrack

Posted Thu Apr 4, 2013, 12:31pm

hi Peter,

Don't want bother you but I'm curious... If you start frothing, do you have froth?

Gabor
AuxMemes

Posted Thu Apr 4, 2013, 4:03pm

No bother. Yes, steam and hot water ok.
thirdcrack

Posted Thu Apr 4, 2013, 11:01pm

Hi,

It's kind of funny, because I though I'm almighty. This machine, I've fixed had been at two expert before and they changed or just charged (?) valves/heating/electric and found no solution. The owner wanted to solve the Problem with an axe :-). Then I intervened saying than I think that I'm most probably less harmful than an axe so he should give me a try. I've found this topic and I fixed the machine in two hours. I assume I was just lucky.

But back to your issue:  except brewing everything works perfect? Frothing and hot water o.k. And if you start brewing it comes water water through the OP valve at the top of the boiler. Is it right? Water in the tray should come from the three way solenoid valve after the brewing process (releasing pressure from the filter basket/portafilter).

Sorry if I repeat some questions. Is the OP valve open (down) if the machine is cold? Turn the machine on and start brewing cold. If the OP valve release water, than I would think that you have just 2 options. 1. crack on the HX 2. Scaled Solenoid valve below the boiler.

No other idea. But I'm just an ex banker :-).
AuxMemes

Posted Fri Apr 5, 2013, 9:24am

After more time/thoughts and tests:
The pump on and solenoid electric disconnected no water comes from the boiler feed pipe from the solenoid so the solenoid does leak.
The pump on for brewing and the hot water tap open with no pressure in the boiler (cool), water comes from the group and the hot water tap.
I now assume the hx is leaking into the boiler and the boiler needs replacing.  A decision now to attempt an expensive repair on a 5 year old machine or buy a new machine................. :(
thirdcrack

Posted Fri Apr 5, 2013, 10:03am

AuxMemes Said:

After more time/thoughts and tests:
"The pump on and solenoid electric disconnected no water comes from the boiler feed pipe from the solenoid so the solenoid does leak."

Without electricity the solenoid should be closed. That means by brewing should no water flow to the boiler (I think at least), but it should be the same with electricity. By brewing is the valve closed anyway.

"The pump on for brewing and the hot water tap open with no pressure in the boiler (cool), water comes from the group and the hot water tap.
I now assume the hx is leaking into the boiler and the boiler needs replacing.  A decision now to attempt an expensive repair on a 5 year old machine or buy a new machine................. :(

Posted April 5, 2013 link

"

If there is no resistance (neither blind filter nor grinded coffee in the filterbasket) the water will flow from the group or/and from the hot water tap. Try the same with blind filter/finely grinded coffee and hot water tap CLOSED! Now you should have water leaking from the OP valve on the top of the boiler. Have you had this soleinoid valve in your hand? As Stefano65 wrote already, HX break is relatively uncommon (in case of freezing yes, but I can't imagine after 5 yaers of normal use). If you have not checked physically yet I would vote for this solenoid valve. That how I see with my small experience. Is there anybody with new ideas?
AuxMemes

Posted Fri Apr 5, 2013, 10:24am

Test done with coffee in group.  I can't see how water can come out of the hot water tap during brewing when there's no pressure in the boiler.
It could have frozen.  It was in an outbuilding and -18 over winter, though it didn't fail until used for 2 months after.
showing page 3 of 4 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Espresso Mods > Isomac Relax...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.243967056274)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+