Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Mods and Restorations
FIXED Duetto II steam boiler slow fill during descale flush
Commercial Equipment
Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, Rancilio. Nationwide installation. Instant financing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Espresso Mods > FIXED Duetto II...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
emradguy
emradguy
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Duetto II; Twist v2
Grinder: M Major, Macap M4, Pharos,...
Drip: Espro presses; Aeropress
Roaster: H-B "List of Favorites"
Posted Wed Apr 16, 2014, 10:22am
Subject: FIXED Duetto II steam boiler slow fill during descale flush

EDIT: I was misinformed. The Duetto II is not pumbed that way (below).  The brew boiler and steam boiler are plumbed in parallel (not series).  Seems my problem is related to crud plugging the solenoid going to the steam boiler.  Thought I had it fixed, but then it plugged again...arrrrgggghhh!  And now "work" is getting in the way of "life".

ORIGINAL POST:  My Duetto is acting very bizarrely.  I backflushed with Cafitza, then descaled with Citric Acid.  The steam/hot water boiler wouldn't fill during the flush out phase of the descale and the alarm would come on (with machine shutting off automatically).  When I flipped the power switch on and off and then ran water through the group, the pump drew water just fine.  I called Chris' and talked to one of the techs who suggested cleaning off the fill probe in the steam/water boiler. After doing that, using some 600 sand paper until it was nice and shiny again, the steam/water boiler is now filling, but it's really slow.  When I activate the group, the pump sucks water from the reservoir just fine. This is really weird because the pump pulls water from the intake and pushes it through the steam/water boiler first, and then on to the brew boiler. So, I would think if the brew boiler activates a well working pump, then there shouldn't be any problem refilling the steam boiler after bleeding some if it off. Any other ideas, what I should check into?

Always remember the most important thing is what ends up in your cup!
 View Profile Link to this post
emradguy
emradguy

Posted Wed Apr 16, 2014, 3:19pm
Subject: Re: Duetto II steam boiler filling slowly during descale flush

So, I've got a little down time and have been trying to find photos of the valve disassembled.  Mostly, so I can get an idea how clean each component is supposed to be internally.  At the top of (excuse my ignorance about the component names) the plunger-like part - the one that seems to move up and down - there's a glob of blackish gunk, that I'm guessing is dried up lubricant? Or is it something that is supposed to be there?  There was a thin film of the stuff on two sides of this plunger-like piece, which I removed.

Also, when I reassemble the apparatus, do I need to lubricate any of it with Dow-111?

emradguy
emradguy

Posted Wed Apr 16, 2014, 9:50pm
Subject: Re: Duetto II steam boiler filling slowly during descale flush

excellent! There's a coil of metal in the solenoid intake line.  It was gunked up big time.  I got decent idea about my solenoid assembly as well, from playing around with it and inspecting it close up with great lighting.  I think most of the gunk I saw needed to be cleaned off.  After doing so, I noticed the black blob is actually a rubber seal.  I still don't know if it needed any internal lubrication, but I guess time will tell.

view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Espresso Mods > FIXED Duetto II...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.192754030228)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+