Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Mods and Restorations
Crossland CC1 brew pressure gauge
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Espresso Mods > Crossland CC1...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
Stangdriverdoug

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Fri Jun 6, 2014, 4:34pm
Subject: Crossland CC1 brew pressure gauge

Hello everyone,
I decided I wanted to add a permanent gauge to my CC1 to keep an eye on brew pressure. I know it's not necessary but I like to tinker. I've had this machine for a couple months and really like it. Playing with the PID settings has been cool too.  If anyone is interested in the details I'll be happy to share.

Edit: figured out how to properly post pics:

Stangdriverdoug: rps20140611_092135.jpg
(Click for larger image)
 View Profile Link to this post
CMIN

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Crossland CC1
Grinder: Baratza Preciso
Posted Fri Jun 6, 2014, 5:07pm
Subject: Re: Crossland CC1 brew pressure gauge

That is awesome, definitely post steps some of us CC1 owners may do the same lol.
billc

Expertise: Professional

Espresso: CC1 - GS - GS3 - GB5
Grinder: Baratza - Mazzer-Marzocco
Drip: My own Creation
Posted Tue Jun 10, 2014, 7:33am

That's pretty cool.   Not sure how you cut the hole but it looks great!  I do have a similar liquid filled pressure gauge and would be happy to supply some kits if others are interested.  Can you show the inside where you made the connections?

BillC
canuckcoffeeguy
canuckcoffeeguy
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Bezzera Magica, Mypressi...
Grinder: K10PB, Vario, Hario Slim
Vac Pot: I have a Dyson vacuum, but,...
Drip: Bialetti Brikka, Bodum...
Posted Tue Jun 10, 2014, 7:55am

billc Said:

That's pretty cool.
BillC

Posted June 10, 2014 link

Getting kudos from the person who designed the CC1 is ALSO pretty cool! Congrats Stangdriverdoug!
Stangdriverdoug

Posted Tue Jun 10, 2014, 11:01pm

Thank you for the compliments on my work. So here's how I did it:

Ordered the following parts:

4mm outside diameter with 2.5mm inside diameter tubing (thank you Bill for the specs and answering my emails so quickly). Make sure it can hold up to high temperature and pressure.

A push fit tee fitting. Again make sure it is rated for higher pressure and temperature. A compression fitting would also work well here. I went with a push fit so I could take it on and off.

1.5" glycerine filled pressure gauge. The key here is to make sure it is a back mount (1/8" NPT fitting on the back of the gauge).

A 1/8" female NPT fitting to a 4mm push fitting.

Step 1: I used my dremel with a cutting disc to make the hole. It was pretty rough so I then used a sanding drum attachment to make the hole nice and round.

Step 2:  Removed the hose from the boiler outlet to the 3 way valve. Replaced it with the tee fitting and trimmed the 4mm hose I bought to fit. I had to heat up the hose slightly so I could bend it to make everything fit nice and keep the lines as short as possible.

Step 3: installed the 4mm to female NPT adapter onto the back of the gauge and mounted it to the machine using a small bead of epoxy. With this setup I get no needle flutter. This gauge is rated to be used with gas and oil so the hot water is not a problem.

Step 4: fired up the machine to test.

Here's a pic of the inside:

Stangdriverdoug: rps20140611_091644.jpg
(Click for larger image)
Stangdriverdoug

Posted Wed Jun 11, 2014, 6:41am

Here's a short video of a double shot from this morning.
Crossland cc1 double shot w/ pressure gauge:

http://youtu.be/9Lefz5mmkeo
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Espresso Mods > Crossland CC1...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Rocket R58 Double Boiler
Rocket Espresso R58 Double Boiler -  Everything you need for the perfect shot!
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.211720943451)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+