Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Isomac drip tray mods?
Commercial Equipment
Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, Rancilio. Nationwide installation. Instant financing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Isomac drip tray...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
MEP
MEP
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Isomac Relax
Grinder: Simonelli-MCI
Vac Pot: na
Drip: French Press
Roaster: Toastmaster
Posted Sat Apr 30, 2005, 5:21pm
Subject: Isomac drip tray mods?

Has anyone with an Isomac (Relax,or other) had water getting behind the drip tray when exiting from the 3-way valve port?  I continually am getting water behind the tray.  I have verified that the unit sits level on the counter.  Furthermore, I have the feet of my machine in plastic caps made for the bottoms of outdoor furniture.  This makes it easy to side back and forth to fill water resevoir without scratching counters.  I have placed some nickels in the back caps, under the feet in order to try to raise the back, but has not worked.  Any ideas would be greatly welcomed?

Regards, Mark
 View Profile Link to this post
daktarz
daktarz
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Isomac Rituale
Grinder: Mazzer Mini
Drip: umm French Press?
Roaster: Does  an outdoor smoker...
Posted Sat Apr 30, 2005, 7:29pm
Subject: An inch or so of the tubing that's used inside

the machine, going from the exit nozzle, bent at right angles where it meets the mesh top. This lets the water pour directly onto the grate and into the drip tray.
MEP
MEP
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Isomac Relax
Grinder: Simonelli-MCI
Vac Pot: na
Drip: French Press
Roaster: Toastmaster
Posted Sat Apr 30, 2005, 7:52pm
Subject: Re: Isomac drip tray mods?

Daktarz, thanks for the reply.

My problem is that the port does not release water on to the top, but actually dispenses water into the back wall of drip tray on the Relax.  There are two "tubes" coming from the body that enter holes in the back of the tray.  As the water flow diminshes, water runs between the outer wall of the tray and the body.  At this point, I am thinking that some plastic tubing extension may help.
daktarz
daktarz

Espresso: Isomac Rituale
Grinder: Mazzer Mini
Drip: umm French Press?
Roaster: Does  an outdoor smoker...
Posted Sat Apr 30, 2005, 8:57pm
Subject: Hmm. Not sure I visualize. Here's a pic of my setup

How does yours differ?

daktarz: drop.jpg
(Click for larger image)
marcus

Espresso: La Spaziale;Isomac...
Grinder: Mazzer Mini;Rancilio Rocky
Vac Pot: Bodum mini-eSantos
Drip: only at work
Roaster: BBQ drum, Heatgun
Posted Sun May 1, 2005, 12:16am
Subject: Re: Hmm. Not sure I visualize. Here's a pic of my setup

Daktarz solution above works on the Rituale.  On the Relax, which is totally different in that the exit tube is behind the drip tray not over it, you can thread a short piece of pipe to ensure the water drips into the tray rather than between the tray and the machine.  Search this forum; I know someone did it and posted a pic.  Perhaps it was JonR10...
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Isomac drip tray...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Don't suffer bad espresso
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, VBM, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.354975938797)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+