Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
La Marzocco GS3 missed the boat?
Commercial Equipment
Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, Rancilio. Nationwide installation. Instant financing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > La Marzocco GS3...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
roblumba

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Tue Apr 18, 2006, 8:54am
Subject: La Marzocco GS3 missed the boat?

I think it's really strange the way ESI is handling this product launch. I had contacted them earlier in the year and let them know that I was interested in getting a GS3. Time passes and I hear nothing from them, but read in the forums that there is a line forming and the first round of production is likely already taken. So I call them up again and explain to them that I would like to be put in line.

I ask them about bumping me up in line since I had called once before, yet they failed to inform me about this line. They told me they couldn't do anything about it!

I don't know about this ESI organization, but I'm not getting any warm fuzzy's or feeling that they have good customer service. Or perhaps I don't have enough prestige and importance to warrant attention? I don't get it.

Anyone have a comment? Are there other La Marzocco dealers that have better customer service?
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
Reighlok
Reighlok
Posted Tue Apr 18, 2006, 9:47am
Subject: Re: La Marzocco GS3 missed the boat?

Maybe it will be like the xbox 360 launch and people are buying many of them to resell them on ebay (and elsewhere) for a nice profit.
 View Profile Link to this post
roblumba

Posted Tue Apr 18, 2006, 9:51am

I would hope La Marzocco and ESI wouldn't allow that to happen.
espressoDOM
espressoDOM

Espresso: WEGA Lyra (vibe)
Grinder: Mazzer Mini
Vac Pot: (no more coffee equipment)
Drip: French Press
Roaster: Hot Top Roaster; Fresh Roast...
Posted Tue Apr 18, 2006, 9:52am

and like the Xbox360 it is going to be worth the wait... so happy that Sunday morning when my XBOX360 was at the local BESTBUY

DOM...evil genius ...Up to no good in espresso at all times... VIVA la parts de Espresso
Reighlok
Reighlok
Posted Tue Apr 18, 2006, 9:56am

roblumba Said:

I would hope La Marzocco and ESI wouldn't allow that to happen.

Posted April 18, 2006 link

What do they care so long as they sell all that they can make for what they want to sell them for?
roblumba

Posted Tue Apr 18, 2006, 9:58am

I can definitely wait and I'm hoping that ESI isn't reading this and thinking about bumping me down on the list! ;)

I'm just kinda wondering what the deal is with customer service. I don't have much of a history with them, but so far it's been just "okay". They reply to my emails about 1 week later, it's hard to get in touch with someone when I call. They created this line and failed to put me on it until I called them up again. And the warm fuzzy isn't happening.
MarkPrince

Expertise: Professional

Espresso: KvdW Speedster
Grinder: Versalab M3 Grinder
Vac Pot: A bit too many
Drip: Bonavita
Roaster: Hario Glass Retro Roaster
Posted Tue Apr 18, 2006, 9:59am

I haven't been overly happy with the concept of leaving sales of the GS/3 exclusively to ESI, because they are a business to business company, and a good portion of the purchasers of the GS/3 will be consumers.

Your news about this bumping and listing just confirms this kind of stuff. I'll make sure I bring it up with LM when I see them later this month or next month in Berne.

Mark

CoffeeGeek Senior Editor
www.twitter.com/coffeegeek www.flickr.com/coffeegeek, www.instagram.com/coffeegeek (you get the picture)
roblumba

Posted Tue Apr 18, 2006, 10:20am

A business to business company. Huh. I guess I should of introduced myself as a cafe owner!  ;)

Mark, thanx for checking up on this. It could be good for La Marzocco to have more than one distributer for the simple sake of creating some competitiveness among the distributors. Apparently, ESI has a monopoly on La Marzocco, and that can be bad for La Marzocco if ESI doesn't live up to the high standards that La Marzocco supposedly represents.
hossa12

Expertise: I live coffee

Posted Sat Apr 20, 2013, 5:43pm

Hi,
please i need ur help, i'm on montreal Canada and i want to know if there is anyway to buy La Marzocco GS3 for a local store
thank you in advance
calblacksmith
calblacksmith
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: ECM Vene. A1, La Cimbali M32
Grinder: Azkoyen Capriccio, Major
Vac Pot: 40s era Silex
Drip: Msl. Com. brewers
Roaster: gave it a try, decided no
Posted Sat Apr 20, 2013, 8:24pm

Did you notice that this thread ended 7 years ago? I doubt that they would have any current information.

In real life, my name is
Wayne P.
Anything I post is personal opinion and is only worth as much as anyone else's personal opinion. YMMV!

Feed the newbs, starve the trolls and above all enjoy what you drink!
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > La Marzocco GS3...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Support Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids is a non profit charity working with farming communities around the world. Donate today!
www.coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.420778989792)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+