Espresso: Espresso Machines
PA-1200 LA PAVONI "NAPOLITANA"
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > PA-1200 LA...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
I_Need_An_Intervention

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Rancilio Silvia
Grinder: Rancilio Rocky Doserless
Posted Wed Sep 12, 2007, 7:33pm
Subject: PA-1200 LA PAVONI "NAPOLITANA"

Any opinions on this machine? Is it too good to be true since it has a burr grinder built in? There are a few consumer reviews on CoffeeGeek, but not enough for me to make a decision to buy or stay away from it.
 View Profile Link to this post
joesmells

Expertise: Pro Barista

Posted Wed Sep 12, 2007, 8:24pm
Subject: One group machines

I am trying to find a one group machine for a small coffee catering company I'm starting.  I need something with an internal pump and water tank, but I still want it to be manual, and I don't want to spend more than $2500.  I also need something commercial grade that can stem milk fast and pour a great shot at the same time.  I'm looking at the Pasquini Livia 90, and the Rancilio Epoca.  Any comments, suggestions or recommendations?  I'd really appreciate it!

PS Joe- if you read this, you smell.
I_Need_An_Intervention

Espresso: Rancilio Silvia
Grinder: Rancilio Rocky Doserless
Posted Thu Sep 13, 2007, 6:20am
Subject: Re: One group machines

Hmm, did you reply to the wrong forum??
fifthgen

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Isomac Zaffiro, Astoria CKX
Grinder: Maz. Major, Casadio, Isomac...
Drip: Capresso st600 chemex,
Roaster: Karma Coffee, Black Cat...
Posted Thu Sep 13, 2007, 3:33pm
Subject: Re: PA-1200 LA PAVONI "NAPOLITANA"

Full disclosure: I am a nemox reseller

It's a nice macine for the money 57 mm portafilter, 6 ounce brass boiler, stepless grinder (I believe) with the same burrset as the nemox lux ibertal conical etc.  I do not know if it has an Overpressure release valve.

the Nemox caffe del opera  has similar main components and the lelit pl0-41 and the nemox fenice have similar components and no grinder.  Do not keep coffee in the hopper it will get warm and spoil.

Good coffee to you and your guests
alanfrew
alanfrew
Expertise: Professional

Posted Thu Sep 13, 2007, 9:50pm

It's a Napoletana I , from the Imat/Lelit/etc. factory. No 3-way valve. Nemox Opera or Lelit PL042 do have 3-way valves, may be better value.

Alan
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
aszego

Espresso: Napoletana by Salda, Caravel...
Grinder: Napoletana by Salda
Posted Sat Sep 15, 2007, 5:32pm

alanfrew Said:

It's a Napoletana I , from the Imat/Lelit/etc. factory. No 3-way valve. Nemox Opera or Lelit PL042 do have 3-way valves, may be better value.

Alan

Posted September 13, 2007 link

Alan, I am curious as to why you chose Lelit vs the Nemox brand for resale? Does Nemox also come out of Gemme?

You said that at one time there were 3 manufacturers of these lookalikes, would you know where the Salda brand fits into this picture? They also made a Junior and Napoletana models.

I have been nursing along a "Napoletana By Salda Italy" since I found it on ebay in 2005. It's an older but fantastic PL042 equivalent, including stainless steel case and heating element, brass boiler, 3 way valve but only a 53mm portafilter. It also has the conical burr grinder which you can micro-fine adjust with a worm gear for infinite settings.

Late in the summer the boiler tube developed a crack. Optimistically, I bought a Lelit replacement from 1st-Line but it was about a 1/4 inch too short and had the wrong thread on one end. Edward Harris of partsguru.com kindly offered to have a replacement machined to fit the Salda.

But back to the original question, I would definitely buy another unit in this family, these combis are good value and feature rich. After breaking the aluminum portafilter handle on an earlier Krups Novo, I'm also convinced that the 3-way valve is essential. And unless you are inclined to leave it on all day, the built-in thermal separator will also keep the boiler heat away from the coffee in the hopper.

Andy
alanfrew
alanfrew
Expertise: Professional

Posted Sat Sep 15, 2007, 9:51pm

aszego Said:

Alan, I am curious as to why you chose Lelit vs the Nemox brand for resale? Does Nemox also come out of Gemme?

You said that at one time there were 3 manufacturers of these lookalikes, would you know where the Salda brand fits into this picture?

Posted September 15, 2007 link

Salda was the original company, absorbed by Illy then renamed Quaha. This was sold & became Imat. Nemox is a separate company (as is Gemme/Lelit) but as for actual manufacturing, dunno right now. I'll tell you when I get back from Italy next month, because I'll be visiting Brescia after the HOST show.

Reason I went with Lelit was that the rights for Imat & Nemox were held by Lygon Imports, even though they weren't actually bringing the machines in at that stage. When Lelit sent me the initial test machine, it still had the Imat factory number on the base, which was a bit of a clue.

Alan
juantonioconde
juantonioconde
Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: Philips Espresso...
Grinder: Built In
Vac Pot: -
Drip: -
Roaster: -
Posted Tue Mar 18, 2014, 1:08am

Hi, is the PHILIPS Espresso Professional HL 3854 a clone??

I have a review here:

http://coffeegeek.com/forums/espresso/machines/662472#662472

Regards: Juan
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > PA-1200 LA...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Support Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids is a non profit charity working with farming communities around the world. Donate today!
www.coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.353369951248)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+