Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Brasilia Domestic Machines - Mini Lady
Donate to Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids works with farming communities around the world, improving lives. Donate today.
www.coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Brasilia...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 3 last page next page
Author Messages
ignite105

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Nuova Simonelli Oscar
Grinder: Anfim Milano
Posted Sat Jan 19, 2008, 1:55pm
Subject: Brasilia Domestic Machines - Mini Lady

Hi all coffee lovers

Can anyone here help me with some information regarding this Brasilia domestic espresso machine called the "Mini Lady"? I'd love to know if anyone owns one and what they think of this machine? Also is the portafilter 53mm or 58mm, is this a boiler or thermoblock setup? If boiler, what materials is this made of i.e stainless, aluminium, brass? etc etc

I really like the asthetics of this wee machine but cannot find any information via the WWW anywhere! Almost if this machine never existed??

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

ignite105: Brasilia Mini Lady.jpg
(Click for larger image)
 View Profile Link to this post
fifthgen

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Isomac Zaffiro, Astoria CKX
Grinder: Maz. Major, Casadio, Isomac...
Drip: Capresso st600 chemex,
Roaster: Karma Coffee, Black Cat...
Posted Sat Jan 19, 2008, 2:28pm
Subject: Re: Brasilia Domestic Machines - Mini Lady

I'd bet small money it's a quaha brass boiler 200 ml 57 mm portafilter directly compatible with a francis, ascaso arc, and the nemox and lelit mentioned below.  My question would be does it have an over pressure valve and a solenoid?  If it did it should be about as good a a nemox fenice or lelit pl-041. If not It should be able to make decent espresso and I would consider laying a 10 ohm 40 watt resistor in line with the pump.

I did not pioneer this mod others here did.

Can you have the would-be seller take the top off and take a pic or tell you what he sees.

Really Nice at US $100 or less.  I have a machine like it in stainless that i would not take $125 for.  Being the nasty, practical man I am, I would cut off the front panel of the macine that holds the drip tray in so it could just slide out.  (The later stainless version had this design tweak standard.)  Perhaps I'd make a clear-coated copper or brass enclosure for the drip tray if it was needed.

Good coffee to you and your guests
ignite105

Posted Sat Jan 19, 2008, 2:40pm

fifthgen Said:

I'd bet small money it's a quaha brass boiler 200 ml 57 mm portafilter directly compatible with a francis, ascaso arc, and the nemox and lelit mentioned below.  My question would be does it have an over pressure valve and a solenoid?  If it did it should be about as good a a nemox fenice or lelit pl-041. If not It should be able to make decent espresso and I would consider laying a 10 ohm 40 watt resistor in line with the pump.

Can you have the would-be seller take the top off and take a pic or tell you what he sees.

Nice at $100 or less.  I have a machine like it in stainless that i would not take $100 for.

Posted January 19, 2008 link

Thanks Fifthgen for your comments. Unfortunately the seller knows nothing about thia machine so cant really give me any info on boiler vs thermoblock or size of portafilter etc. I was hoping someone here actually owned one of these or has had experience with one so that they could fill in the blanks and advise if this was a wort while purchase??
fifthgen

Posted Sat Jan 19, 2008, 2:43pm

I am pretty good on small cheap brass boiler machines.  My surety rate on this is about 97%.  I pretty much know a francis(quaha) type portafilter when I see one. I have owned Nemox fenice, italsomatic, G3 ferrari, two francis francis machines  that all used 200 ml quaha boilers and everything except the italsomatic used the same grouphead cover.  the francis uses that compromiesed grouphead, the Ferrari and the Nemox used a nice 57 mm head the ancient italsomatic uses a 53 head and a different looking portafilter.  Look at the silvia-type rocker switches, this is no thermoblock junk.  How much $$?  folks are pid'ing the lelit pl 041 to good effect. give me brass above small stainless or the gaggia boiler every day!  YMMV, of course.  If the price (and thus the risk) is low and I did not have a machine with a fair sized brass boiler I'd go for it.

Trust me!  :-)

ignite105

Posted Sat Jan 19, 2008, 3:16pm

Cheers again fifthgen for your comments. I have to decide betwwn this wee gem or an Isomac Viper. Positive on the Isomac is that it is brand new with a 12mth warranty. But as mentioned earlier, i really like the look of the Brasilia. Just cant believe when you google Brasilia Mini Lady, you end up with nothing!!
gime2much

Espresso: La Pavoni, Astoria comm, 2...
Grinder: La Pavoni Zip, Bunn...
Drip: Bunn comm
Roaster: Popcorn popper (air),co/ufo
Posted Sat Jan 19, 2008, 3:22pm

fifthgen Said:

.  My question would be does it have an over pressure valve and a solenoid?   I would consider laying a 10 ohm 40 watt resistor in line with the pump.

Posted January 19, 2008 link

Sorry for the minor derail but...

Fifthgen.....Do you have the stats as to what this would to a Gaggia, 9 bar..9 1/2?

Thanks
Dan

Dan Brewer
fifthgen

Posted Sat Jan 19, 2008, 4:15pm

use google advanced search google: venus resistor pump on this site.  the mod was for a specific pump on the isomav venus so it might not work for everything, but why not try it.  It's cheap and easy.  With that francis style portafilter a person of minor mechanical inclination could make a pressure gauge including a needle valve set for proper volume of flow, and measure the results.

fifthgen

Posted Sat Jan 19, 2008, 5:37pm

When you googled bianchi espresso you found nothing either,  I got an astoria CKX because I knew what it was when I looked at it. (Private labeled as Bianchi)   My cost $112 value used perhaps 700 or so.  New 1500.

The best stuff is always that way!

Then again warranties are always nice!  And great dealers should be supported!

kitt2000
kitt2000

Espresso: Lambro,
Grinder: Mazzer SJ
Roaster: Gene cafe
Posted Sat Jan 19, 2008, 6:12pm

Hi, i'm guessing the brasilia is a small boiler machine as well, but for it's age and parts availability i wouldn't pay more than NZ$150 for it.I have also owned an isomac viper and was quite impressed with the quality of shots it produced.I bought mine ex-demo and it was like new.The only down side to the viper was the 53mm basket and the large bolt that held the dispersion screen in, and no OPV valve, but at that price i'm not surprised. Good luck with your decision.
ignite105

Posted Sat Jan 19, 2008, 10:39pm

Hey Kitt2000

Thanks for your comments, I have a choice of two Brasilia's but both sellers want NZ$400 for them. Must have been rather expensive machines from new I'm assuming?? Did you score your Isomac from Espresso Italia in NZ??
showing page 1 of 3 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Brasilia...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.359135866165)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+