Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
The La Marzocco GS/3 Owners' Thread
Specialty Coffee Beans
Temblor is a very smooth Guatemalan coffee that presents notes of spice, cinnamon, and chocolate.
www.thelostgringo.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > The La Marzocco...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 128 last page next page
Author Messages
michelmia

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: La Marzocco GS/3
Grinder: Anfim Super Caimano
Posted Mon Jan 21, 2008, 7:08am
Subject: The La Marzocco GS/3 Owners' Thread

In anticipation of delivery of my new GS/3 I thought we should start a thread for new owners.

For those who already have their machines could someone tell me what comes with the machine, i.e. single basket, double, tamper?, LM cups? , etc.

Could someone scan and post the manuals that come with the GS/3?
 View Profile Link to this post
roblumba

Posted Mon Jan 21, 2008, 9:46am
Subject: Re: New GS/3 owners thread

michelmia Said:

For those who already have their machines could someone tell me what comes with the machine, i.e. single basket, double, tamper?, LM cups? , etc.

Could someone scan and post the manuals that come with the GS/3?

Posted January 21, 2008 link

I received a single portafilter, double portafilter, 2 single baskets, 2 double baskets, blind basket. a plastic tamper with a 57mm and a 40mm side. Set of espresso cups and cappuccino cups, 2lbs of coffee, hose for plumbing in, software manual, operation manual, part catalog, cleaner, laminate facts page (identical to website information).

I can perhaps scan the manuals, but they may provide you with a more up to date version and it may be copyrighted and I wouldn't want to step on any toes. ;)
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
michelmia

Posted Mon Jan 21, 2008, 10:04am

plastic tamper!  nice touch.  I am hoping my Reg Barber 58mm tamper will fit.  The espresso cups and cappuccino cups do these come with the GS/3 or was this provided by the dealer/seller?  

I just ordered a bottomless portafilter and some triple baskets.
mickii
mickii

Posted Mon Jan 21, 2008, 10:15am

michelmia Said:

plastic tamper!  nice touch.  I am hoping my Reg Barber 58mm tamper will fit.

My RB58 mm worked in one of the supplied baskets, not the other :( I wouldn't recommend a 58mm tamper for the LM basket anyway, as the dosing range is very limited (the tamper hits the basket ridge rather easy). My favorite now is the ridgeless "LM" basket.
mickii
mickii

Posted Mon Jan 21, 2008, 10:18am

roblumba Said:

Set of espresso cups and cappuccino cups, 2lbs of coffee, part catalog, cleaner, laminate facts page (identical to website information).

None of these items was included with my machine (Denmark)

Kim
roblumba

Posted Mon Jan 21, 2008, 10:19am

michelmia Said:

I am hoping my Reg Barber 58mm tamper will fit.

The Reg Barber 58mm sorta fits. It's hitting on the portafilter and forcing me to updose more than I usually do. Check out the following link and see the dosage level he uses. At that dosage level, the Reg Barber 58mm will tamper the grounds without hitting the basket edges. But if you don't like that dosage amount, then you will need to get a 57mm. I noticed the 57mm convex plastic tamper they provide allows me much more freedom in the dosage. If I use my Reg Barber Flat 58mm, I need to be extra careful to give ample dosage so that the tamper can still tamper down on the coffee without hitting the sides of the basket.

Currently, I'm shopping around for a 57mm convex and I'm split between Barismo Spec EP / EC tamper, Pullman Tamper, and Coffee Labs tamperl.
roblumba

Posted Mon Jan 21, 2008, 10:31am

BTW, the plastic tamper they provide is much better than the typical plastic tamper. It's contoured, and while many of the typical plastic tampers are equivalent to a human stick figure, this one actually has a body and something to grab onto. It's actually a good fit in the hand, but it has no weight to it and it scratches easily. It's not quite as easy to level things because it doesn't have much weight to it so I find I need to be extra careful to make sure I'm pressing down equally.
mickii
mickii

Posted Mon Jan 21, 2008, 11:44am

roblumba Said:

I received (...) software manual, operation manual

I received an Installation Guide and a Software Programming Guide with the GS/3. A weeks ago I got an Owner's Manual too.

Kim
michelmia

Posted Mon Jan 28, 2008, 8:34pm

Just got my GS3.  The drip tray cover is missing.  I am not very happy!

Also it did not include the owners(operation) manual.  only the software guide and installation manual.

Please can someone send me a scanned copay ASAP.  IT would be very much appreciated

thanks

Michel
roblumba

Posted Mon Jan 28, 2008, 10:40pm

Who's you local distributor? Before delivery, they probably tested it in their shop, so perhaps the cover and the missing manual were simply left on the bench or something.

Also, I can double check my copy, but I think the owner's manual doesn't have much anyways. The software manual is the most important thing. When mine was delivered, they had already did all the installation steps. All I had to do was figure out which button to push. The software manual is for that.

As for the cap, you should not have any problem with anything getting into the water. I've had a cap on there since I got it and I have yet to see anything on the cap that would have otherwise fell into the reservoir. The reservoir is protected underneath the machine, so unless you have the thing in a dusty construction environment, there's probably not going to be anything getting in there in the short term. Heck, my Giotto had a silly metal lid with holes in it for your fingers to pull on it. The thing worked fine like that for 8 years and still doesn't have any problems. I would worry about the reservoir cap for now.
showing page 1 of 128 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > The La Marzocco...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Quick Mill Back in Stock
All Quick Mill Machine ready to ship. Free Ship. Silvano, Anita, Alexia, 2B, Andreja, QM67, Monza!
cupandbrew.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.442411184311)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+