Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
The Quick Mill thermoblock review thread
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > The Quick Mill...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
Author Messages
coffee_no_sugar

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: pavoni pub, brasilia club
Grinder: mazzer sj, mdf, infinity
Drip: melitta clarity
Roaster: popcorn
Posted Sun Mar 9, 2008, 5:01pm
Subject: Re: The Quick Mill thermoblock review thread

Getting a 195 F shot is fine but that doesn't tell the whole story.  A shot that starts off at 212F and ends at 178 F may also have a good average temperature.  Unfortunately getting the rest of the story is a little more difficult.
 View Profile Link to this post
Eiron
Eiron

Espresso: Quick Mill 0930
Grinder: Quick Mill 031,...
Drip: TechniVorm KBTS
Roaster: Behmor 1600, Presto Poplite
Posted Tue Mar 11, 2008, 11:41am

Of course, Wesley, you are correct.  I'm more than happy to provide any information that I can.  And I'm still hopeful that others with Quick Mill thermoblock machines will add their experiences to this thread.

As to your example of a shot's total temperature variance of 34F, I can tell you that my shots' variances were no more than a total of 5F.  What else would you like to know?

-Greg

"Just what I need - another 'geek' label..."
- my friend Mark, on being told of Coffee Geek's existence

Good, affordable espresso: www.coffeegeek.com/forums/espresso/machines/355707
Coffee's hot enough for OCD: www.coffeegeek.com/forums/coffee/machines/330079
Personal & global health: http://www.broomfieldenterprise.com/ci_12802509
MammaAiuto

Expertise: I like coffee

Posted Tue Nov 4, 2008, 7:22pm

Hello everybody

First message ... so I hope I will not make too many mistake ( Like my poor English, I am french Canadian )
and I will try to said some good point related to this subject

2 weeks ago I buy from Ebay one machine , Quick Mill models # 0925  ( Black color,Computer coffee )
and as far as I am a newbie in espresso world  I am happy .... not impress but happy ,maybe with
more shot  and a better beans maybe ,maybe ...

Why I am happy is very simple after my third shot I was enjoying  a good espresso , not a fantastic espresso
but something good with less biter and less sour than from commercial coffee shop around my work place

Why I am not impress it's because it append few times in the last 10 years which I found by luck some place
which serve a very good espresso not to biter and not to sour just fine with full taste in the mouth which stay
few moment after the seep, a real pleasure, with that machine I got the feling I miss something at the
end of the seep but like I said before maybe the machine, maybe the grinder,  maybe the bean or maybe
my lack of experience so let see the future

One very good point I can say is this machine is at my work place until the debut and all my co worker like it
very much, they like how it is easy to use it , like me they make a not bad espresso whit facility  ...

So for now it's all I can say for this machine

Thanks for your understanding  
Have a nice election

Marc Pominville
Montreal,Quebec
Canada
Eiron
Eiron

Espresso: Quick Mill 0930
Grinder: Quick Mill 031,...
Drip: TechniVorm KBTS
Roaster: Behmor 1600, Presto Poplite
Posted Sun Nov 9, 2008, 2:21am

Hi Marc,

Thanks for the update on your machine.  I couldn't find any info on the 0925 model.  Is it similar to Quick Mill's current Computer Coffee machine (0935)?  Can you post any pictures?  Please let us know if you still like it after a few months.

For exceptional flavor, I recommend looking for Kili Caffe Gold or Attibassi Crema de Oro espresso beans.  They provide complex body & flavors you won't find in "regular" espressos.

"Just what I need - another 'geek' label..."
- my friend Mark, on being told of Coffee Geek's existence

Good, affordable espresso: www.coffeegeek.com/forums/espresso/machines/355707
Coffee's hot enough for OCD: www.coffeegeek.com/forums/coffee/machines/330079
Personal & global health: http://www.broomfieldenterprise.com/ci_12802509
MammaAiuto

Expertise: I like coffee

Posted Mon Nov 17, 2008, 5:03pm

Hello Eiron

Yes it's like the 0935 but with a plastic cosmetic robe

Sadly I have to change the group head gasket on it  I am suppose to pick up the new gasket tomorrow  morning  then after that I will be able to push a litle bit more in the test  to see what she got  in the stomach now wen I try to pack the porta filter I got few leak

The grinder which come with the machine is very good, I can chock my faema and wen he is set very well can give me a very good espresso with the faema and or the quick mill

Because the Quick mill is at my job and the Faema at my apartment place I buy a new grinder last week-end for apartment  I buy a isomac macinino prof inox  he is good but not like the one with the Quick Mill

In overall I am happy of that machine ,for the price I pay I got more then expected and also my other option was to buy ( lack of budget ) some small machine with pressurized porta filter

Machine for machine the Faema is beter ,more powerfull pumps,brass boiler  more steam but not by far ,but in th other side if you got nothing and want to start with some decent  equipement  it,s a very good start and it take not to much place in the set up

Salut

Marc Pominville
Montreal,Quebec

MammaAiuto: Coffee geek.jpg
(Click for larger image)
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > The Quick Mill...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Green Unroasted Coffee
Free shipping. Save 15% on variety pack, use 'variety' at checkout
www.madbeanscoffee
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.352098941803)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+