Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Bugatti Diva: Anyone own one?
Don't suffer bad espresso
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, VBM, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Bugatti Diva:...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
Jthom

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: In between machines...
Posted Tue Oct 7, 2008, 11:03pm
Subject: Bugatti Diva: Anyone own one?

Hello

Just wanted to know if anyone has ever used a Bugatti Diva and had some feedback. I saw one at the mall the other day and it looked pretty decent. I am trying to find an espresso machine that is better than my krups xp4020 but isn't over $1000. There is zero choice in that range in the UAE. I can order a silvia online from Italy but I have never had anything shipped here and I am a little concerned with customs. The silvia is the same price (~750 including shipping) as the diva so I think the diva is overpriced. Someone on this board got a diva at WS for $350! I have found a good supply of fresh beans and also a good grinder (Eureka MCI) so I am set there. I just want to upgrade the krups to something with a little more brass and steaming power.

Thanks

Jason
 View Profile Link to this post
GabrielB
GabrielB
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Maver Junior (HX), Silvia...
Grinder: Wega Max (K6), Rocky
Vac Pot: Bialetti Moka & Brikka Pot
Posted Wed Oct 8, 2008, 8:36am
Subject: Re: Bugatti Diva: Anyone own one?

Looks nice, but lots of times, the flashier machines tend to lack internally.

"This coffee machine features 15 Bar pressure. Brass boiler/water heater. Thermometer dial in shockproof polycarbonate. 800mls water tank. The Diva takes 2 minutes to warm up."

According to the description I found online at a vendor's site... they claim it has a brass boiler.  That's a good start.  Do you have any additional specifications on it?
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
Jthom

Posted Wed Oct 8, 2008, 9:09am

I did some more digging after I posted this. I found one site that said it had a brass boiler but I've also found a few sites saying it uses a thermoblock. This would be bad correct? From what I've read thermoblocks don't keep the water hot enough for proper extraction. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

Jason
GabrielB
GabrielB

Espresso: Maver Junior (HX), Silvia...
Grinder: Wega Max (K6), Rocky
Vac Pot: Bialetti Moka & Brikka Pot
Posted Wed Oct 8, 2008, 10:05am

Brass boiler is definitely the way to go as opposed to a thermoblock.  If this does have a thermoblock AND it's that much money, I'd definitely stay away from it.

Also, steaming is a serious issue with thermoblocks... if you are considering doing any type of milk-based drinks.
Jthom

Posted Wed Oct 8, 2008, 10:57am

Good point. I do like to make the occasional cappa and for dinner guests of course. After some more inventive 'internet research' I found a company that will ship me a NS Oscar for only 720 Euro's. I think that is a great price. They seem like a pretty good company and they'll let me use paypal which I think gives me some sort of buyers protection. That price includes customs tariffs here in the UAE too. Looks like I'm gettin an HX! Blew the budget big time but oh well!

Thanks for you input.

Jason
IMAWriter
IMAWriter

Espresso: Bezzera Strega
Grinder: Forte, OE Pharos,...
Vac Pot: Adcraft SS, Yama 8 cup
Drip: Brazen, Kalita, Chemex,...
Roaster: Behmor 1600, CO/UFO combo
Posted Wed Oct 8, 2008, 2:21pm

NOW you're talkin'!!
Let us know how the Oscar works out.
Not familiar with your grinder. You'll need a very good one with a HX machine.

Rob J (LMWDP #187)
My Music Production web site:
www.robertjason.com
Jthom

Posted Wed Oct 8, 2008, 7:48pm

I think the only place in Nortch America that sells them is Chris. click here
Supposed to be a pretty good grinder. I like the 'micrometric' adjusting knob...
Chrode

Posted Wed Nov 18, 2009, 2:14am

I just bought the Bugatti Diva a few days ago, and it brews a very nice shot with a beautifull crema. Waterpressure is constant, and the heater is up and running in scant minutes. The downside is frothing, because the brass boiler in the machine is relatively small, it has so far only been possible to froth for one cappucino at a time, with a 2-4 min. wait in between.
Christian Carlsen.
woway

Posted Wed Jul 27, 2011, 5:50pm

have you tried pulling a shot with ground coffee?  Any luck?  ...Pods work great, but when using grounds it's aweful...I had local roaster grind beans, espresso grind, no luck... let me know if it works for you. thanks.
ZzLine
ZzLine

Espresso: Francis Francis X3
Grinder: The point is to ENJOY THE...
Roaster: Dualit--> The English Verson...
Posted Sun Jan 20, 2013, 6:42pm

Hi, is alowed to write in a different language here?

I bought a Bugatti Diva for a few days ago, and need some help from you..?

Hei!
Jeg ser av innlegget ditt at du har samme maskin som meg, er det mulig for meg f tips fra deg siden min ikke leverer skikkelig, eller om det ikke er lov skrive p skandinavisk her, kan du ta kontakt?

Hilsen Line

Chrode Said:

I just bought the Bugatti Diva a few days ago, and it brews a very nice shot with a beautifull crema. Waterpressure is constant, and the heater is up and running in scant minutes. The downside is frothing, because the brass boiler in the machine is relatively small, it has so far only been possible to froth for one cappucino at a time, with a 2-4 min. wait in between.
Christian Carlsen.

Posted November 18, 2009 link

Hi, is alowed to write in a different language here?

I bought a Bugatti Diva for a few days ago, and need some help from you..?

Hei!
Jeg ser av innlegget ditt at du har samme maskin som meg, er det mulig for meg f tips fra deg siden min ikke leverer skikkelig, eller om det ikke er lov skrive p skandinavisk her, kan du ta kontakt?

Hilsen Line
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Bugatti Diva:...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Donate to Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids works with farming communities around the world, improving lives. Donate today.
www.coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.398021936417)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+