Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Alex Duetto Owners-Please speak up!
Barista Tools
Large selection of tampers, pitchers, milk frothers and much more!
www.espressozone.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Alex Duetto...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 22 of 23 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
espressobecky
espressobecky
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Izzo Alex Duetto
Grinder: Mazzer Major, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Hario TCA-3
Drip: French Press, Chemex
Roaster: Behmor 1600
Posted Fri Aug 19, 2011, 8:57am
Subject: Re: Alex Duetto Owners-Please speak up!

Sorry if this has already been asked; I couldn't find it anywhere.  How do you adjust the brew pressure on the Duetto?  Mine has been well above 9 bars since I got it.

...and on that note, I need a coffee.
 View Profile Link to this post
crayonshinchan
crayonshinchan

Espresso: Izzo Alex Duetto II
Grinder: B. Maestro & Vario, Peugeot...
Vac Pot: Cona D, Yama
Drip: Chemex, V60, Kone,...
Posted Fri Aug 19, 2011, 10:47am

espressobecky Said:

Sorry if this has already been asked; I couldn't find it anywhere.  How do you adjust the brew pressure on the Duetto?  Mine has been well above 9 bars since I got it.

Posted August 19, 2011 link

See page 17: Click Here (www.chriscoffee.com)

You basically have to take four screws out for the plate underneath the cup tray and then take the two 10mm hex bolts out and finally lift the shell off.  Adjusting the pressure is as simple as turning the little screw located on the pump (per the manual) with a large flat head screwdriver.  I'm not sure if it's recommended to adjust it while the machine is off, turn the machine on > turn pump on to check pressure, but I just left the pump running while adjusting the screw.  Literally took me 5 seconds.

Putting the shell back on can be tricky as the little tabs on the shell can get caught on the round holes on the side of the frame while you slide it down.  You kinda have to stretch the shell and try to bypass the tabs hitting the holes as much as possible.
espressobecky
espressobecky

Espresso: Izzo Alex Duetto
Grinder: Mazzer Major, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Hario TCA-3
Drip: French Press, Chemex
Roaster: Behmor 1600
Posted Fri Aug 19, 2011, 7:50pm

crayonshinchan Said:

See page 17: Click Here (www.chriscoffee.com)

You basically have to take four screws out for the plate underneath the cup tray and then take the two 10mm hex bolts out and finally lift the shell off.  Adjusting the pressure is as simple as turning the little screw located on the pump (per the manual) with a large flat head screwdriver.  I'm not sure if it's recommended to adjust it while the machine is off, turn the machine on > turn pump on to check pressure, but I just left the pump running while adjusting the screw.  Literally took me 5 seconds.

Putting the shell back on can be tricky as the little tabs on the shell can get caught on the round holes on the side of the frame while you slide it down.  You kinda have to stretch the shell and try to bypass the tabs hitting the holes as much as possible.

Posted August 19, 2011 link

Thanks!

...and on that note, I need a coffee.
Bob_McBob
Bob_McBob
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Duetto, Strega, S1 Vivaldi
Grinder: Vario, K10, K30, Tanzania
Vac Pot: Yama SY-8
Drip: KB-741, V60, Wave, CCD, AP
Roaster: 2 broken Hottops
Posted Mon Aug 22, 2011, 6:57pm

Bob_McBob Said:

Also, I don't like to cross-post, but I figured it was worth asking if I was posting in the thread anyway.  Is what I'm hearing in this video normal, Dave?  Someone on the other site suggested air in the lines, and that it only happens when running off the internal reservoir.  It's a pretty jarring noise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G48dw6n8LJs

Posted March 16, 2010 link

1-1/2 years later and I still haven't got to the bottom of this.  When it shows up every now and then, descaling and fiddling with the pump pressure screw always makes it go away.  Over the last few days it's happened 2-3 times while I was pulling shots.  Just little blips without any pressure drop or anything like that.

Chris
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
hadriano

Espresso: Alex duetto III
Grinder: Gaggia MDF
Posted Thu Dec 8, 2011, 5:43am

Hello all!
I'm a new member in coffegeek and new owner of alex duetto( two weeks).I live in Italybut I'm not italian.
I have a problem with my duetto, I saw in page 15 was a few indications from Dave.I'm not sure if I understand good.My problem is
when I try to make latte, I have more water in steam tube.MORE. I purge from water tube 400 ml and only after is possible to have a "clean" steam.
I lift up the water sensor.I put two photos, before and after, to see the position.My question is:is ok?
I dont want to remain heating element without water.

hadriano: before.jpg
(Click for larger image)
hadriano

Espresso: Alex duetto III
Grinder: Gaggia MDF
Posted Thu Dec 8, 2011, 6:19am

sorry from consecutive post, but I dont see how to insert two images.

hadriano: after.jpg
(Click for larger image)
Viernes
Viernes

Espresso: Izzo Alex Duetto II
Grinder: Compak K10 Fresh
Roaster: Quest M3
Posted Sun Dec 11, 2011, 1:32pm

Same problem here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThlajPhBSRo

Any solution?
jwoodyu
jwoodyu

Espresso: Allex Duetto II
Grinder: Mazzer Major
Roaster: Poppery
Posted Sun Jan 22, 2012, 3:24pm

I can't get my Duetto II PID to go into program mode? I press both arrows and hold them but the bugger won't go into program mode. It's been a couple of months since I have done it but it did work. I can feel the foil buttons depress but nothing happens.

Yes I put the BDB and CC1 in the same class, yes i have a reason for leaving SCG off my list, yes it is my opinion, yes it is subjective as opinions are by definition, no don't start a flame war because you disagree.
kboom1
kboom1

Espresso: Alex2HX,Alex Duetto,Rancilio...
Grinder: Rancilio Rocky,Vario
Roaster: Behmor x2 / USRC Sample...
Posted Sun Jan 22, 2012, 7:58pm

hadriano Said:

Hello all!
I'm a new member in coffegeek and new owner of alex duetto( two weeks).I live in Italybut I'm not italian.
I have a problem with my duetto, I saw in page 15 was a few indications from Dave.I'm not sure if I understand good.My problem is
when I try to make latte, I have more water in steam tube.MORE. I purge from water tube 400 ml and only after is possible to have a "clean" steam.
I lift up the water sensor.I put two photos, before and after, to see the position.My question is:is ok?
I dont want to remain heating element without water.

Posted December 8, 2011 link

I own the alex 2 not the duetto but had the same problem when I first got my machine. I had to pull out the water sensor and take some steel wool to it to clean off what appeared to be a glob of scale 1/4 way up the probe. after talking to techs at chris coffee they said it was silicone from the tube insert and was a common problem on some alex machines. before I cleaned my probe,I tested it bleading steam for 10 seconds and then ran steam in to a measuring beaker for 1 minute returned 2oz. of water. the same test afer I cleaned probe measures just 5 ml of water and steams fine.boiler pressure does drop from 1.3 to 1 bar while steaming but has given me no probs yet. my machine does have a sticking breaker valve once in a while and my pressure apon start up will go up to 2 bar( after I run steam for a few secs goes back to 1.3).I'm afraid to put it on a timer because of this.
Steve_K

Espresso: Alex Duetto II, Breville 800...
Grinder: Macap MC4, OE Pharos
Posted Sat Aug 4, 2012, 9:28am

Finally pulled the trigger and ordered a Duetto from Chris' yesterday!!!  Now the waiting game until it arrives....
I've been drooling over this machine for few years now.  The R58 was tempting, but with the sale price at Chris' on the Duetto and scare of early adoption on the R58 the Duetto won out.  
I will be plumbing it in, got VST baskets, and bottomless PF as well.  The Duetto will be paired with my Doserless Macap M4.
This will be a big upgrade from my Breville 800ESXL that broke a few months back.
showing page 22 of 23 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Alex Duetto...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Italian Biscotti Cookies
Premium artisan quality Italian Biscotti cookies. Many flavors!
www.espressozone.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.482162952423)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+