Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
La Marzocco GS-1 Paddle Group on eBay
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > La Marzocco GS-1...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
Author Messages
billc

Expertise: Professional

Espresso: CC1 - GS - GS3 - GB5
Grinder: Baratza - Mazzer-Marzocco
Drip: My own Creation
Posted Tue Mar 16, 2010, 8:37pm
Subject: Re: La Marzocco GS-1 Paddle Group on eBay

Hey all, I have been down to Republis Restoration in Seattle (about 10 minutes from my house).  They have a bunch of GS stuff.  I was drooing when I went there to see all the GS parts in one place.  There were several machines in various states of restoation. I would say if you wanted to purchase a GS machine to call them to see what he have.

BillC
 View Profile Link to this post
Shuanna
Shuanna

Posted Tue Mar 16, 2010, 9:52pm

Has anyone actually done business with them? I sent them a message on ebay a couple days ago asking about a machine stating I am ready to pay cash NOW for something and havent heard back. Makes me wonder about the work ethic a bit.. To bad.. they could have had $5000 cash in their hands by now.

Makes me sad... but hey.. I still need a machine!
billc

Posted Wed Mar 17, 2010, 7:54am

Shuanna,
They are pretty busy down there.  They have sold quite a few macines but never actually done business with them.  I think they still have the machine.  If you are looking for a GS - 1 series I have a 1 group and 2 group that I may be getting rid of soon.  Both are restored and are probably some of the oldest GS machines out there.

They are in Ballard (Suburb of Seattle) so you may want to pay them a visit.

BillC
escapeWA
escapeWA
Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: check
Grinder: check
Vac Pot: what is it?
Drip: Not yet
Roaster: for the right price i might...
Posted Thu Mar 18, 2010, 6:19pm

Hi Shuanna, Sorry if we missed your message, we have received several hundred emails from all over the world. You would expect that I would have had the decency especially to contact a fellow local hobbyist. Yeeash. Feel free to me call me direct at 206-459-1224, I am happy to help wherever I can. We have a couple gs2 units and happy to assist, especially a local project. Were always happy to have visitors so swing by for a beer, just call a hour ahead to make sure were in the shop (theres six of us and sometimes were all in the field)

I also sent off our contact information to your email box.

As for the ebay accusations, If I was self bidding I can assure you I would not have won the auction lol. (nor get hit with a large ebay fee)

Is this Mr Crossland on this thread?
MarkPrince

Espresso: KvdW Speedster
Grinder: Versalab M3 Grinder
Vac Pot: A bit too many
Drip: Bonavita
Roaster: Hario Glass Retro Roaster
Posted Fri Mar 19, 2010, 4:55pm

Damn... if we didn't have a dire situation here in Vancouver (we have to move soon, and are saving every penny for a mortgage downpayment) I'd buy this machine pretty quick. I've always wanted an original GS/ GS/2 - and I've heard good things about Republis.

Keep me in mind, guys, down the road if you get another one group.

Mark

CoffeeGeek Senior Editor
www.twitter.com/coffeegeek www.flickr.com/coffeegeek, www.instagram.com/coffeegeek (you get the picture)
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
lyzzard

Expertise: I like coffee

Posted Tue Mar 30, 2010, 8:15am

I was about to bid on one of the ongoing auctions when the first negative feedback popped up. I wrote to the upset buyer and apparently the sale of a machine was cancelled but a refund has not been processed in the weeks following the cancellation. Phone calls and emails have gone unanswered.
billc

Posted Tue Mar 30, 2010, 2:51pm

Mark,
Did you say that you wanted a GS1 Group?  I have one of the oldest known GS machines in my office.  I may be enticed to get rid of it..............

escapeWA, yes this is Bill Crossland.  Do you also have some GS machines ?????  Wanna trade some parts ?

Bill C
stielow775

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Tue Jun 19, 2012, 6:29pm

Do you still have your gs1 for sale?  Let me know I am looking for one.

Matt

stielow775 at hotmail dot com
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > La Marzocco GS-1...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Rocket R58 Double Boiler
Rocket Espresso R58 Double Boiler -  Everything you need for the perfect shot!
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.372987031937)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+