Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Where to buy used commercial espresso machine
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Where to buy...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
Wibke

Expertise: Pro Barista

Posted Sun Jul 11, 2010, 10:35am
Subject: Where to buy used commercial espresso machine

Hello,
I am about to open my own coffee shop in Toronto and I am currently looking at equipment. I like Elektra and Simonelli, but open to find out about other high end espresso machine models, which can be used for business.
Does anybody know, where I can find used equipment. Your input is highly appreciated.
 View Profile Link to this post
JasonBrandtLewis
JasonBrandtLewis
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Elektra T1 - La Valentina -...
Grinder: Mahlkönig K30 Vario -...
Vac Pot: Yama 5-cup
Drip: CCD, Chemex
Roaster: No, no, not another...
Posted Sun Jul 11, 2010, 10:51am
Subject: Re: Where to buy used commercial espresso machine

In Canada, I have no idea.  In the US, there are places that specialize in selling used restaurant equipment, whether by "regular" sale or through auction.  That said, I would make sure -- first and foremost -- that you have a great service technician/company ready to be there when your machine breaks down.  

This isn't about new or used (except for warranty issues).  EVERY commercial machine will need servicing, and when your machine goes down, you are out of business.  You need to make sure you have a reliable company on call . . .

A morning without coffee is sleep . . .
boyscout

Expertise: I like coffee

Posted Mon Jul 12, 2010, 10:54am

Wibke Said:

I am about to open my own coffee shop in Toronto and I am currently looking at equipment. I like Elektra and Simonelli, but open to find out about other high end espresso machine models, which can be used for business.
Does anybody know, where I can find used equipment. Your input is highly appreciated.

Posted July 11, 2010 link

Sometimes, you can get lucky talking to NEW equipment dealers.  There may be many dealers in Toronto for Electra and Simonelli, but the only one I personally know about is Zuccarini Ltd., on Davenport near Dufferin.  They sell both lines.

http://www.zuccariniltd.com/

Talk to Jackie.

Another place I'd suggest you call - though probably not for those lines specifically - is COAG Limited in Newmarket.  They sell across Canada, and might have heard of a used machine.

http://www.coag.ca

Talk to Dawson or Elizabeth.

A long shot, but the following retailer of mostly-home machines seems very plugged-in to the industry in Ontario and might just know about a commercial-quality machine somewhere.  A long shot, but maybe.

http://www.idrinkcoffee.com

Talk to Slawek.

There are a number of restaurant equipment dealers concentrated along NorFinch Avenue, which runs parallel to Hwy 400 between Steeles and Finch.  I've often seen used machines in these places, but can remember the name of only one place, Nella Cutlery.

http://nellacutlery.com/home.html

As you're driving there, keep your eyes open for other places, there are at least two others on that road.

Then of course, eBay.  Risky, possibly involving an expensive trip to check out a machine, but there are a LOT of choices there.

Good luck.
sweaner
sweaner
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Vetrano, Arrarex Caravel, La...
Grinder: Mazzer SJ, OE Pharos
Drip: Bunn Trifecta MB
Roaster: Poppery II
Posted Tue Jul 13, 2010, 8:47am

Make sure that whatever you buy there is someone to service it for you.

-Scott
“Coffee - the favorite drink of the civilized world.”
Thomas Jefferson
Wibke

Posted Tue Jul 13, 2010, 9:47am

Thank you very much for your replies. They are all very helpful.

Do you have good referenced companies for fixing machines in emergencies?
boyscout

Expertise: I like coffee

Posted Tue Jul 13, 2010, 10:37am

Wibke Said:

Do you have good referenced companies for fixing machines in emergencies?

Posted July 13, 2010 link

Not from experience.  I know that Zuccarini does their own on-site service on at least the Simonelli and Electra machines, if you do find one of those used, but can't comment on how good or fast they are.

I would ask them and the other people I told you about, and then ask around and check references on any of the recommendations you get.  As others have said, service is going to be important to your business.
Wibke

Posted Tue Jul 13, 2010, 10:44am

I am aware of this service importance. This forum is already very useful to get the learning curve going. Thank you
michaelpowell44

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Mon Sep 23, 2013, 8:34am

I am in southern north carolina where do you recommend looking for used 2 group espresso machines for a commercial setting.
Burner0000

Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Rancilio Silvia, VFA Expres...
Grinder: Macap MX/VFA N1464/Kyocera...
Drip: Manual Drip, French Press
Roaster: Behmor 1600 / Sonofresco
Posted Mon Sep 23, 2013, 8:40am

Wibke Said:

Hello,

Posted July 11, 2010 link

If it's still around theres a place in T.O called alfa cappucinno.  They may have something.  Otherwise I would scour ebay, Kijiji and Craigslist.

Here's something

Click
Click
Click
Click
 View Profile Contact via MSN Messenger Link to this post
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Where to buy...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.387105941772)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+