Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Bezzera owners thread
Commercial Equipment
Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, Rancilio. Nationwide installation. Instant financing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Bezzera owners...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 11 of 39 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
jammin
jammin
Expertise: I love coffee

Grinder: Vario-W
Vac Pot: Hario
Drip: manual
Roaster: quest m3
Posted Fri Feb 26, 2010, 7:51am
Subject: Re: BZ07 Portafilter

Nijo1973 Said:

I like the shots a little tight.

Posted February 26, 2010 link

x2

roast your own
 View Profile Link to this post
Nijo1973

Espresso: Bezzera BZ07 / Mini Vivaldi...
Grinder: Le'lit PL53 / Macap M4
Posted Fri Feb 26, 2010, 8:06am
Subject: Re: BZ07 Portafilter

jammin Said:

Brad,

Congrats on the new machine, I'm sure you will enjoy it.  My bz07 likes to be rotated just past 6 o'clock - towards 5(hope that makes snese).  It is pretty well locked at an even 6 but if your pulling your shots tight, a little extra keeps it sealed nicely.  Keep in mind, this is with my bottomless PF, the stock one seems to seal just a hint better, not much though.

Nijo,

What do you use to keep your machine so clean?  Beautiful pics, thanks for sharing!!!  Now school me up on how to make mine so shiny haha:)

Cheers,
Jackson

Posted February 19, 2010 link

Thx Jackson. Photography is my second hobby so i got some good shots :) but i have used a stainless steel cleaner/polisher that we got from either Home Depot or Lowes' that we used for our appliances. But i guess any appliances cleaner formulated for stainless steel should do but  ensure it is free of abrasive content. but most stainless steel "polish" does not. also use it very sparingly and wipe with a dry cloth afterward. As for the inside tray..if you get some stubborn stains...the Barkeeper's Friend --liquid Not Powder--does wonders..we use it on on High end SS pots and pans
jammin
jammin

Grinder: Vario-W
Vac Pot: Hario
Drip: manual
Roaster: quest m3
Posted Mon Mar 1, 2010, 10:15am
Subject: 15 degree Portafilter

FYI Bezzera owners,

I found a 15 degree PF @ EPNW.  I ordered it today so it should be here by the end the of the week.  I am equipping it with a single spout and synesso 14 gram basket.  I am not impressed with the quality of the stock double basket - it appears a few of the holes are sealed and I have a feeling the synesso is a tad bigger.  I'll report back soon.

Click Here (www.espressoparts.com)

edit:   Changed my mind on it for now, I guess its very shallow and has a hard time holding a 14 gram basket so I am going to look into it some before purchasing.

Cheers,
Jackson

jammin: 15deg PF.bmp

roast your own
Cubanero

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Bezzera Giulia
Grinder: Mazzer mini
Roaster: popcorn roaster!!!
Posted Thu May 13, 2010, 2:08pm
Subject: Re: Bezzera owners thread

Hi

I am a happy owner of a Bezzera Giulia . It is as i see like Galatea Domus inside. 2 lt ,1450 watt ,E61 .
I have some questions .
How do i get a 25 sec - 60 ml shot when the brew pressure is 12 bar(synesso double basket ) ?
How do i get good microfoam with this steaming beast (350 ml <10sec  ) ?
Anybody know how to open it ?
How do i adjust the brew pressure ?

Here are some fotos of another german owner
http://www.kaffee-netz.de/marktplatz/37227-bz-giulia.html
boxta

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Wed May 19, 2010, 1:24pm
Subject: Re: Bezzera owners thread: Changing steam tip on BZ07??

Hi all,

I just got my Bezzera BZ07 yesterday, and starting to learn the art of this crazy hobby.

I've been getting about 2oz in 25-30 seconds, though the extraction blondes a little earlier than I thought it should.. so working on my distribution technique...  mainly working on with the triple naked PF from 1st line

On a side note, I am trying to change the steam tip on the BZ07, and I just could not get that little thing unscrewed????

It doesn't have a flat part for tools to grab on to (like wrench), and a non slip towel is just not good enough (or i am not strong enough)

any tips to get that thing out?

Thanks,

Martin
actionhost

Posted Thu May 20, 2010, 2:53am

Hello everybody,

I am new to the forum.

I own a Bezzera BZ07 for a week now and I love the machine. Still working on some things (like getting the steaming right). I have no grinder yet. I will get one in the coming weeks.
Here is my setup (for bigger picture: Click Here (farm5.static.flickr.com) )

I want to change my steamingtip to 2 or 3 holes. Because I heard that it is easier. Anybody an experience with this?

actionhost: bezzera 3.jpg
(Click for larger image)
Cubanero

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Bezzera Giulia
Grinder: Mazzer mini
Roaster: popcorn roaster!!!
Posted Thu May 20, 2010, 5:13am

I am also new to Bezzera and I am still learning. But I found that an almost vertical steam wand at the center of the pitcher or around it , is better for steaming milk . How do you keep so shiny your machine ?
actionhost

Posted Thu May 20, 2010, 6:07am

I clean it with special stainless steel polisher :-)

Tried the vertical in the middle this morning and it worked better. Not great yet, but better milk then before. No I need to go to 3 tips instead of 4.
retfeg

Posted Thu May 20, 2010, 7:22am

Very simple.  Just unscrew the tip on the bottom of the steaming wand.  Take a toothpick and stick into one of the holes as far as it goes an break off the rest of it.
This will give you you a three tip wand or two if you choose to plug in two holes.
Works for me.
boxta

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Thu May 20, 2010, 10:43am

Hey Action

I was following your thread at HB before I decided to buy the bz07.. i thought you said you were buying the exobar instead???  

So far my first day of the Bz07 has gone well. but the milk is totally sub par.. i got the 2 hole tip, but i haven't replaced it yet coz I couldn't get the dang 4 hole tip to unscrew.. i am going to buy some hand tools today to clamp it out

will report back if it improves it

the rocky seems to be doing good with it.. but the shot is a little inconsistent.. i attribute it to my distribution technique (or lack thereof)... vario is on its way and should be here next week.. will see if that makes it better... i much prefer an idiot proof process
showing page 11 of 39 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Bezzera owners...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Donate to Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids works with farming communities around the world, improving lives. Donate today.
www.coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.357697963715)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+