Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Are Gicar dosing control box interchangeable with other machines
Donate to Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids works with farming communities around the world, improving lives. Donate today.
www.coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Are Gicar dosing...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
MrEspressoMan
MrEspressoMan
Expertise: Just starting

Posted Fri Feb 25, 2011, 2:15pm
Subject: Are Gicar dosing control box interchangeable with other machines

I have a conti club single group that has a burnt board in the dosing box. I was wondering If I could take one from a expobar and use it for my conti. They are both Gicar and both are 5 buttons and it looks like the female plugs are the same. The thing is the one for the expo bar is for sale online so I can't just plug it in. What should I look for and what should I ask the seller to see if they are interchangeable.
Thanks
 View Profile Link to this post
Zdunk31
Zdunk31

Espresso: Bezzera BZ 35R DE
Grinder: Mazzer Super Jolly
Drip: Auto
Roaster: Home-made, on the drawing...
Posted Fri Feb 25, 2011, 8:51pm
Subject: Re: Are Gicar dosing control box interchangeable with other machines

There are different models of the Gicar box, this alone should tell you if the box would work or not. Also there usually is a diagram on the side of the control box that designates what the terminals on the box function, this should be able to help you see if the boxes would be compatible. If you don't have a wiring diagram for your machine, or are not buying from a vendor that could provide technical support ( usually at additional cost ) and the box is not a direct replacement I personally wouldn't take a chance.
MrEspressoMan
MrEspressoMan

Posted Sun Feb 27, 2011, 2:33pm

Thanks I think your right. I was just hopping to save some money and time. I no a guy back east that will rebuild the burnt board for me for $75. He did one on my Pavoni pub and saved me about $700. It just takes a few weeks.
Thanks
Zdunk31
Zdunk31

Espresso: Bezzera BZ 35R DE
Grinder: Mazzer Super Jolly
Drip: Auto
Roaster: Home-made, on the drawing...
Posted Sun Feb 27, 2011, 9:06pm

If you wouldn't mind sharing that information with me on the box repair, I am rebuilding my Bezzera BZ35 and may have an issue with a bad relay in my Giemme control box. If you want you can contact me at,  zdunk31@comcast.net   any help would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Leo
ddworkin

Expertise: Intermediate

Posted Mon Sep 10, 2012, 7:08am

Anybody find an answer to this question?  It seems the Gicar 1d5 might be what I need.  I have a 1996 Conti Bar.  Where/who is the guy back east who will repair the controller for you?
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Are Gicar dosing...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.339141845703)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+