Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Any one here have a Crossland CC1 yet?
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Any one here...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 17 last page next page
Author Messages
Spamzm
Spamzm
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Silvano
Grinder: Vario
Drip: V60, Aeropress
Roaster: Behmor, heatgun +...
Posted Thu Jul 7, 2011, 5:47pm
Subject: Any one here have a Crossland CC1 yet?

I'm going to be buying a machine soon and the CC1 has lots of function for the price. I'm just a bit unsure about the newness of the machine. Does anyone here own one or has used one and can comment on the machine?
 View Profile Link to this post
psychobrew

Expertise: I like coffee

Posted Thu Jul 7, 2011, 8:30pm
Subject: Re: Any one here have a Crossland CC1 yet?

It no doubt looks like an interesting machine, but the lack of dedicated buttons for certain functions bothers me and I'm pretty sure the boiler is stainless steel, not copper (something I think I'd want in a machine in that price range, but perhaps it's not as big of a deal as I think it is).  Just something to keep in mind -- I have never used the machine but have been keeping my eye on it.
Spamzm
Spamzm

Posted Thu Jul 7, 2011, 9:28pm

I'm with you on the lack of buttons. It seemed odd when I watched a vid. I might be able to live with it for the price but I need to read some good things first.
My next choice is the silvano. I need a small machine for wife approval. She doesn't want a monster on the counter.
caffeinatedjen

Espresso: Bezzera B707
Grinder: Mazzer Mini
Roaster: Behmor
Posted Fri Jul 8, 2011, 9:06am

Another one you might consider is the Bezzera BZO7, it's pretty narrow and not too tall, but does go back 16". I know what you mean about the counterspace, a big machine can be just overwhelming on a counter.
Spamzm
Spamzm

Posted Fri Jul 8, 2011, 11:09am

I've eyeballed the BZ07 for a while but it's $200 more. It would have been in budget if my over time hours hadn't been cut short last month. Just needed 10 more hours and some extra sweet talking with the wife for a longer machine. I still could try to sweet talk her that the BZ07 would make me really happy and steam milk faster for her lattes. But there's also the needing accessories problem too.
PavoniMaster

Posted Sun Jul 10, 2011, 10:20am

Looks like a Silvia killer!
Seattle coffee gear has it. I hope it does well, Bill told me he mortgaged his house to make this happen
chasemonster
chasemonster

Espresso: Rancilio Audrey
Grinder: Hario Mini Mill
Drip: V60
Posted Sun Jul 10, 2011, 10:45am

PavoniMaster Said:

Seattle coffee gear has it. I hope it does well, Bill told me he mortgaged his house to make this happen

Posted July 10, 2011 link

"Buy a Crossland!  Help Bill pay off his mortgage!"

Wow! What a convincing argument!
Yes, I really think that you personally, should pay for one for yourself, if you haven't already! Just to help this guy out.  
And I will stick with the Silvia!
Spamzm
Spamzm

Posted Sun Jul 10, 2011, 11:45am

PavoniMaster Said:

Hah, if I had money to burn I'd buy one for all my friends. Sadly I haven't won the lottery yet so that won't be happening anytime soon. Doesn't help that I've never bought a ticket in my life.

A new dilemma, I see the Oscar for 10% off plus a few extras. I'd have to pretend I didn't know how big the machine was though =]
germantownrob
germantownrob

Espresso: Duetto 3, A Dead Oscar
Grinder: Vario-W, Preciso w/Esatto,...
Drip: Brazen
Roaster: Diedrich IR-1, HT B
Posted Sun Jul 10, 2011, 1:19pm

Spamzm Said:

Hah, if I had money to burn I'd buy one for all my friends. Sadly I haven't won the lottery yet so that won't be happening anytime soon. Doesn't help that I've never bought a ticket in my life.

A new dilemma, I see the Oscar for 10% off plus a few extras. I'd have to pretend I didn't know how big the machine was though =]

The Oscar is really just 2" wider and 3" deeper then the cc1 but in reality it seems very big sitting on the counter.

The cc1 is the same price as the Silvia? Who would buy a Silvia anymore?
DigiManTX

Espresso: Quick Mill Anita
Grinder: Baratza Virtuoso Preciso
Posted Mon Jul 11, 2011, 8:15am

I plan on getting one of these ordered this Friday if everything goes the way it should. I will be reporting back with my findings as soon as I get to play with it... :D
showing page 1 of 17 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Any one here...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Donate to Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids works with farming communities around the world, improving lives. Donate today.
www.coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.453269958496)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+