Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Le'Lit Owners Thread
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Le'Lit Owners...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
acasabia
acasabia
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Expobar Brewtus iv-p,...
Grinder: Quamar M80e, Hario slim
Vac Pot: Yama Vacpot, Aeropress,
Drip: french press
Roaster: hot-air popper.
Posted Fri Feb 19, 2010, 1:49pm
Subject: Le'Lit Owners Thread

Just wanted to create a place where we can all talk about our little chrome espresso friends. Help each other with issues, and generally discuss mods, Maintenance, and use of the machines. Be it the pl041/42/53 or anything else :D
Some useful threads:
Dialing in a Le'lit (pl041)
pl041
Grinders (043/53)
Search for "lelit"
Backflushing a Le'lit

acasabia: 62738893.jpg
(Click for larger image)

Anthony C

Currently pulling: Whatever Sweet Maria's sends me :D
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
mini

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Le'Lit PL041
Grinder: Mazzer Super Jolly
Drip: (Aerobie Aeropress)
Posted Fri Feb 19, 2010, 11:38pm
Subject: Re: Le'Lit Owners Thread

Yay Le'lits!  I've been really happy with mine.

Matt
 View Profile Link to this post
VictorLombardi
VictorLombardi
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Le'Lit PL041QE
Grinder: Rocky
Drip: Mr. Coffee
Roaster: Gorilla
Posted Wed Jul 20, 2011, 7:32am

Very helpful, thanks!

Le'lit PL041, Rocky, Pane, Amore, e Fantasia
regarton

Espresso: Lelit PL041
Grinder: Lelit PL53
Posted Sat Oct 22, 2011, 7:27pm

I'm a new member, but I've lurked around coffeegeek for more than a couple years now. My first post, which received no comments, was about my Lelit PL041 springing an internal leak at the 3-way valve (cf. "Lelit PL041 Leaking at 3-way Valve" on Sept 9, 2011). The stem on the brass valve was cracked at the base, and I had wondered if anyone else had experience such a problem, and if so what they had done. Now that some weeks have passed, I figured I would post an update here, relaying the problems I'm continuing to have with this issue:

I decided to chance buying a new 3-way valve from 1st Line, but they were unable to secure a new part in a timely manner. Eventually I agreed to purchase a used 3-way valve, which 1st Line warrantied for 30 days. Once I received the part, it was quite a challenge to install. Though the specs printed on the black housing were identical, the valve stem was about a 1/4" longer than the original! The only way to attach it was to force the valve  to rest at an angle between the boiler and the pump instead of the vertical position that the original had been in. Anyway, once I finally reassembled my machine, I cleaned it internally, and successfully pulled a few decent shots.

I wish I could report that that was the end of it. Unfortunately, two days later the machine completely locked up: water wouldn't come out of the group head or the stem wand. At first, I thought it might be the pump, but when I disconnected the first line leading from the pump to the boiler, the pressure within the machine released quite violently. (Thankfully, I received only minor burns.) The conclusion that the tech at 1st Line and I came to was that the used 3-way valve had failed, was no longer releasing pressure, and was creating backpressure preventing water from being released through the group head as well as the steam wand. Now, 1st Line is in the process of sending me a "new" 3-way valve.

Truth be told, I don't know that this will fix the problem, but I wanted to post an update in case anyone has experienced (or might experience) something similar with their PL041.
regarton

Espresso: Lelit PL041
Grinder: Lelit PL53
Posted Tue Jan 31, 2012, 8:57pm

Updated: It took several attempts by trial and error, but I finally was able to restore my Lelit PL041 to working order. 1st Line did send me a new 3-way valve, and this time it was the right size. The only problem was that the terminals on this replacement valve were facing a different direction than the those of the original 3-way valve. What this meant was that I had to acquire longer heat resistant wires so that the female ends of the wiring would reach the male terminals of the valve. Once this was done, the machine was fixed ... or so I thought. It again began to leak, but this time it was from the PTFE (Teflon) tubing that goes from the boiler to the 3-way valve. Apparently I had damaged it in dozen or so times that I disassembled /reassembled the machine. An easy fix, though, and for that I am thankful; just had to purchase the tubing from 1st Line (since no one around my neck of the woods sells this size of PTFE tubing), and once I received it, I just had to slide the new tubing into the quick connects, and voilą my machine was ready to go.

The machine has now been working for a week, and I may return to post an update in a few months. Unfortunately, this has not been an easy fix, but admittedly I did complicate the process on a couple of occasions. Ultimately, I'm hoping to get a few more years out of my PL041 before it breaks down again. (fingers crossed)
oelias

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Sun Dec 2, 2012, 7:48pm

I have owner a PL041 for about two months now. This is my first machine. Overall, I am very satisfied with the results.
It took a while to learn how to temperature 'surf' the machine. At first, I was getting very sour shots, but that improved with skill. In retrospect, I should have bought one with a PID pre-installed...
Also, I was having issues with underextraction, flow, etc, but these all seemed to be related to my grinder and not the machine. After resolving grinding issues, I am able to produce very good shots.
Frothing was excellent from day 1 and produces very good microfoam.
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Le'Lit Owners...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.364422082901)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+