Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Bezzera owners thread
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Bezzera owners...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 29 of 39 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
IB
IB
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Kim Lever, Bezzera BZ07
Grinder: Vario
Posted Mon Dec 12, 2011, 9:31am
Subject: Re: VST basket

walkerjohn Said:

gentlemen, i did not find any relevant info so trying to ask here:
Does the 22g VST basket fit in bezzera standard doubleshot handle? or do i have to use something of a bigger one?

Posted December 12, 2011 link

I can tell you that the vst 17gr  basket fits just fine in the stock handle from my BZ07.  The stock handle will also accept the triple basket from my bottomless filter - not a vst of course, but at least in my case, the the stock handle has enough depth for the triple.

happy tripling to you,
Isaac
 View Profile Link to this post
Lyvyo
Lyvyo
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Bezzera BZ10
Posted Mon Dec 12, 2011, 12:34pm

18g ridgeless filter from VST fit with some effort to my original botomless portfiler. But...fit! If I try to put the basket with cofee, from my portafilter on a scale, is impossible, without spread the grind.
So, is possible that the 22g basket may be too large... Is just a supposition.
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
walkerjohn

Location: Prague, Czech Republic, Europe, Earth, Solar system of milky way
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Bezzera BZ10
Grinder: Eureka mignon
Vac Pot: nope
Drip: Aeropress
Roaster: nope
Posted Tue Dec 13, 2011, 6:27am

IB Said:

I can tell you that the vst 17gr  basket fits just fine in the stock handle from my BZ07.  The stock handle will also accept the triple basket from my bottomless filter - not a vst of course, but at least in my case, the the stock handle has enough depth for the triple.

happy tripling to you,
Isaac

Posted December 12, 2011 link

Hm, thats what i do with the tripple now, some noname bottomless i ebayed for my former rancilio silvia:)
I will just try it and post a reply, i will be a pioneer of 22g VST with bezzera. Where no man has gone before;)
after all, it just 22GBP from squaremile, and if it doesnt, it will go to my brother, who takes care of miss silvia after me:)

Edit:
Hi folks, let me inform you, that all the VST basketst fit the bezzera standart dual sprout portafilter. So even the 22g is ok, fits the machine snug and produces great results.
So, the answer is: 22g VST basket fits bezzera standart doubleshot handle.
and if you are thinking of buying some, let me advise you: the larger the better, as you will be "underfilling" the basket because of the lower shower screen grouphead design (there is written a lot about that in this forum) VST will allow you to grind very fine, and brew more consistently, knock pucks more easily (easier cleaning between shots).
Bikerbob

Espresso: Breville 900
Grinder: Barazta Vario
Roaster: Behmor 1600
Posted Mon Jan 9, 2012, 3:54pm
Subject: Re: Bezzera owners thread

good day all; this may be in the wrong area
As you are all bezzera owners; i would apreciate your comments on the bezzera bz07
How long has the 07 been in production?
I see there is a model with a pid; would this be of benefit?
What is the reliablty like for these machines?
Any other comments which you wish to share?
thank you
Bikerbob

bikerbob
marrahm

Posted Mon Jan 9, 2012, 6:36pm
Subject: Re: Bezzera owners thread

Bob,
This thread has lots of good 07 info in it. I don't know production toke but the us dealer would. No, the pid.is of.no value in my opinion. The electrically heated group is a big heat sink thtavworks very well as is.

Reliability has been.good on mine. Other comments in the thread body.

Mike
sllo

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Mon Jan 9, 2012, 10:45pm
Subject: Temp and flushing

after struggling with sour espresso and not being able to produce at least bitter espresso, I decided to increase the pstat to 1.3. I pulled a shot and to my suprise it was BITTER!!!!!!!!!!!!
Before it was cycling between 1.1 and 1.2, now from 1.2 and 1.3.
what I dont understand is that before I change the pstat, I used a lot of different flushing method that other bezzera owners use, with no success.
Now with the pstat to 1.3, I flush 2oz of water, that is where the water stops dancing, I have to wait at least 12 seconds to pull the shot, otherwise the espresso is sour. This a a much different method from all the flushing methods I read from other owners. A flush and go always produces sour espresso.
Is this normal??
ryguy

Espresso: Bezzera BZ02S
Grinder: Pharos, B. Vario
Posted Tue Jan 10, 2012, 5:01am
Subject: Re: Temp and flushing

sllo Said:

after struggling with sour espresso and not being able to produce at least bitter espresso, I decided to increase the pstat to 1.3. I pulled a shot and to my suprise it was BITTER!!!!!!!!!!!!
Before it was cycling between 1.1 and 1.2, now from 1.2 and 1.3.
what I dont understand is that before I change the pstat, I used a lot of different flushing method that other bezzera owners use, with no success.
Now with the pstat to 1.3, I flush 2oz of water, that is where the water stops dancing, I have to wait at least 12 seconds to pull the shot, otherwise the espresso is sour. This a a much different method from all the flushing methods I read from other owners. A flush and go always produces sour espresso.
Is this normal??

Posted January 9, 2012 link

I don't think that's too uncommon. I flush 5 seconds past the water dance, wait about 10-13 seconds, and start the shot. Since most bezzera machines don't have an E61 groups, they follow a different flushing pattern than other HX machines. HB has a helpful thread on this topic.

Ryan D
sllo

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Tue Jan 10, 2012, 5:08am

what I am really puzzled is why when my p-stat is at 1.2 I ONLY get sour espresso. That shows that the brewing temp is low at 1.2
marrahm

Posted Tue Jan 10, 2012, 7:10am

sllo,

I wouldn't get too hung up in the #s on that $.75 gauge.  If you haven't already, consider doing a direct temperature check.  I like the styrofoam cup and instant read thermometer method because it works very well and is very cheap, if you already have the thermo.  Use that information to set your stat and see if it get you where you need to go in the cup.  

good luck.

mike
IB
IB

Espresso: Kim Lever, Bezzera BZ07
Posted Fri Feb 3, 2012, 5:48pm
Subject: noisy BZ07

Hi Friends,
I run a BZ07, which I've had about 7months - I recently visited a friend who also has one.  I always thought mine was kind of loud, but i guess I just accepted it as normal after a few weeks.  Made a few drinks on my friends unit and realized  - WOW mine is really noisy!!  I can't stress enough the difference between mine and my friends unit, literally  like whispering vs mild yelling, but with a grating, annoying tone.

So opened mine up and seemed like the pump was not really set well in it's mounts.  Played with that and I thought it fixed the noise problem - seemed much more quiet.  Put every thing back together, and by the next day or so, it was back to being loud.  Opened it up again, pump is sitting just as it should be.  I've tried getting my fingers or pliers on every component while the pump runs to check for rattles, no luck. Vender sent me pics of proper pump mounting position, looks just like mine.  

Twice now while the pump runs, I got  my fingers on it and applied a little wiggle/pressure/torque and it went quieter just for a second or so, then back to loud.

Anyone have ideas?  It's driving me a little nuts to listen to the unit yell at me when I know how quiet it should be.  tech guy at vendor said if the pump was bad it just wouldn't push water at all.  

Meanwhile, I'm waiting for a spring kit from the vendor, which is to cure another issue...sometimes when I flip up the steam lever I loose all pressure - then it builds back up and acts fairly normal after that. Usually this happens only the first time in the morning, but now and then it will occur other times.  Tech guy at vendor seemed to be familiar with this and is sending this kit with a number of different springs to try, says one of them (for the inside the valve stem i think) should fix this.

I also had a slightly rough feeling to the movement of my steam arm, and it would creak a little when moved.  That was fixed easily with some lubricant.  Very smooth and quiet now.

Just sharing in case anyone else can shed light, or in case you might learn from my process as i sort these issues out.
Overall I've been fairly content with my choice of this machine, now I will be curious to see how well the vendor does with helping me resolve these issues.

Isaac
showing page 29 of 39 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Bezzera owners...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.371318101883)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+