Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Crossland CC1 first experience was DOA **UPDATE: New unit in**
LavAzza Espresso Machines
Awesome capsule espresso machines. Perfect for home, office and restaurant applications.
www.espressozone.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Crossland CC1...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 6 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
EricBNC
EricBNC
Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: QM Silvano, LP Stradivarius,...
Grinder: K30, Major, Preciso, Pharos,...
Vac Pot: Sunbeam C30, Bodum Santos...
Drip: Bonavita BV-1800,...
Roaster: Behmor, Melitta, Fresh...
Posted Tue Feb 28, 2012, 11:24pm
Subject: Re: Crossland CC1 first experience (Not good, in short)

I didn't read into it that the OP was implying anything beyond a bit of understandable disappointment with the new machine not operating properly. I consider this a fair and honest emotion.  It appears he relied on the community's over all positive opinion of the man behind the machine as a factor in making this buying decision.

I read that now he might be questioning the factors that lead him decide to purchase the CC1 instead of some other popular choices around the CC1's price point, but I do not read any intended slight directed toward the man behind the machine.

I chew coffee beans with my teeth while gargling with 195 F water to enjoy coffee. What is this "coffee brewing" device you speak of?
 View Profile Link to this post
kboom1
kboom1
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Alex2HX,Alex Duetto,Rancilio...
Grinder: Rancilio Rocky,Vario
Roaster: Behmor x2 / USRC Sample...
Posted Wed Feb 29, 2012, 9:49am

I almost ordered a CC1 back in december because I saw chris coffee was supporting it. after placing a couple of calls to CC to find out if and when it would be available again,I was told (off record) that they would start to carry it again after several bugs were worked out of it, so I ordered a HX instead,The HX I ordered had several problems apon arrival and had to be shipped back to be corrected but so far so has the umpteen machines I have.Dammage from shipping moastly. only tip I can offer is if you are in a position to pick it up your self do it. If not be prepared for some type of dammage. boilers are only supported by copper pipe and tend to shift,water being left in tank or lines from testing will get in to electronics,you get my point. The best you can do ordering off the internet is to deal with a company that has great coustomer service.
jbviau
jbviau
Expertise: I love coffee

Grinder: Preciso / LIDOs
Drip: Trifecta MB / Eva Solo...
Posted Wed Feb 29, 2012, 11:55am

kboom1 Said:

...after placing a couple of calls to CC to find out if and when it would be available again,I was told (off record) that they would start to carry it again after several bugs were worked out of it...

Posted February 29, 2012 link

I think you might want to review what "off the record" means. Or did you mean "on background" maybe? ;)
diggi
diggi

Espresso: Spaz vivaldi S1 V2
Grinder: B Vario, OE LIDO
Drip: Chemex, Espro Press,...
Roaster: Poppery I
Posted Wed Feb 29, 2012, 12:37pm

jbviau Said:

I think you might want to review what "off the record" means

Ha! Thought the same thing.
Gig103

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Crossland CC1
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Drip: French press!
Posted Wed Feb 29, 2012, 3:02pm

I wanted to clarify (mostly to russel) that I was not attacking Bill. Pretty much as Eric said, I am disappointed in having a bad experience with a basically DOA product, and I do not fault anyone. Bill's reputation played into my decision, since I respect the fact he is a contributor to the site, otherwise I would have chosen to go with one of the established brands like Rancilio or Gaggia.

My replacement should arrive Friday and I'm very excited to make some espresso.
TonyVan

Espresso: GS/3, La Pavoni
Grinder: Macap M7K, Rocky
Drip: Kone
Posted Wed Feb 29, 2012, 9:37pm

I'd be disappointed too, and you've been fair in not attacking the designer, and in fact you haven't really criticized the machine either - more it seems the damage it received in shipping.  

That said, the title for the thread is a little easy to misread tho' - the casual reader slimming the topics could be excused for assuming the machine was poor as opposed to broken.
Gig103

Posted Fri Mar 2, 2012, 11:16pm
Subject: Re: Crossland CC1 first experience was DOA **UPDATE: New unit in**

Well the replacement unit showed up today and had none of the problems of the last unit, so I'm pleased as punch. SCG upgraded my shipping from ground to 2-day air so I'd have it by the weekend (after the replacement unit didn't ship ground the day they said it would). So kudos for customer service!

I only pulled one doppio tonight, and have a long way to go with the coffee, but my wife already likes the steamed milk for her hot chocolates. And for a beginner I'm pleased with the milk frothing for my cappuccino, but I wont' be doing latte art any time soon! :)
Kaush23

Posted Sat Mar 3, 2012, 11:48am

I just got my CC1 on Tuesday. I too have had a major issue. Machine looked and performed flawlessly out of the box. This morning, I made a latte for a friend and then went to make myself a latte and realized the screen was stuck in pod  mode. Shut the CC1 off and now it is stuck in HH. I called SGC and they said to wait for it to cool off. It's been almost an hour now and it still shows HH when I turn it on. I really want this to be a game changer in its price range, because I really like the feature set that Bill Crossland is trying to deliver for the price. But Im really unhappy that after only 4 days of proper use, the machine may already be broken.
russel
russel
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: 73' Cremina, '74 Club,...
Grinder: Super Caimanos x2, Forte BG,...
Drip: V60, Kalita Wave, Clever,...
Posted Sat Mar 3, 2012, 12:06pm

Gig103 Said:

I wanted to clarify (mostly to russel) that I was not attacking Bill. Pretty much as Eric said, I am disappointed in having a bad experience with a basically DOA product, and I do not fault anyone. Bill's reputation played into my decision, since I respect the fact he is a contributor to the site, otherwise I would have chosen to go with one of the established brands like Rancilio or Gaggia.

Hey, I'm sorry if I came across as a little harsh.  There was just a lot of (completely understandable) frustration in your original post, and the loose invocation of someone's personal reputation kind of got thrown in there.  I'm glad your replacement arrived in good working order.  I've been curious about this one myself.
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
Gig103

Posted Sat Mar 3, 2012, 3:53pm

Kaush23 Said:

I just got my CC1 on Tuesday. I too have had a major issue. Machine looked and performed flawlessly out of the box. This morning, I made a latte for a friend and then went to make myself a latte and realized the screen was stuck in pod  mode. Shut the CC1 off and now it is stuck in HH. I called SGC and they said to wait for it to cool off. It's been almost an hour now and it still shows HH when I turn it on. I really want this to be a game changer in its price range, because I really like the feature set that Bill Crossland is trying to deliver for the price. But Im really unhappy that after only 4 days of proper use, the machine may already be broken.

Posted March 3, 2012 link

Bummer!!! The boiler is really well insulated, because I had mine off for an hour while I was out, came back and it was still at 160, and got back to 200 in under 2 minutes. Of course I need the rest of the machine to warm up, but that impressed me because it implies the heat unit doesn't have to work too hard to maintain the temperature set. Good luck on your issue.
showing page 2 of 6 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Crossland CC1...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Quick Mill Andreja
Best bang for the buck in E-61 Espresso Machines.  In stock, free shipping, 2 yr warranty!
cupandbrew.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.39783000946)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+