Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Vibe-to-Roatary Pump Converison Wiring Questions
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Vibe-to-Roatary...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
etout00

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: La Marzocco GS/3 MP
Grinder: Compak K10 WBC
Posted Thu Apr 12, 2012, 8:39pm
Subject: Vibe-to-Roatary Pump Converison Wiring Questions

I am currently in the process of performing a vibe-to-rotary pump conversion on my Faema C84 single group espresso machine (Auto dosing functions).
I have sourced all the parts/supplies and am ready to finish the final wiring but wanted to get some specific feedback before I make the final connections.

Current Vibe setup:
-72 watt FOT vibe pump hooked up via 3 leads (FOT pump contains live/neutral/ground) which are colored Red/Blue/Green-Yellow. The FOT vibe pump leads are connected directly to 3 leads feeding from the Faema dosing control box (live/neutral/ground), respectively Blue/Orange/Green-Yellow

The FOT pump is currently hooked up as follows:
FOT-pump Red wire hooked to Control board Blue wire: I believe this is the live/power
FOT-pump Brown wire hooked to Control board Orange wire: I believe this is the neutral
FOT-pump Green-Yellow wire hooked to control board Green-Yellow wire: I believe this is ground

The replacement SPM compact drive motor also contains 3 wire leads (same colors as FOT vibe pump) which are Blue/Brown/Green-Yellow. I am making the assumption that the SPM drive motor would be Blue=Live, Brown=Neutral, and Green-Yellow=Ground. The SPM drive motor is the same size/specs as the Duetto and Vivaldi rotary motor, roughly 1/5HP and 120watt.

I am not going to simply hook the control board's leads directly to the SPM drive motor leads as I am installing an 8-pin solid state time delay relay in between (time delay added for preinfusion). My plan is to actually feed the relay with live power directly from the actual power switch which powers on the machine. The reason is because I am not looking for the factory control board to actually feed the SPM Drive motor as I do not want to put the added strain on the control board's circuit; also the factory vibe pump was actually a 52 ulka and I would be hooking up a 120watt SPM drive motor

My question is pertaining to directions on how to properly wire the solid state relay between the control board wire leads and the new SPM drive motor.
I am using the following 8-pin solid state time delay relay and need to know which leads to go which pins:  DPDT MAGNECRAFT W211ACPSOX-7

Click Here (www.wellgainelectronics.com)

I believe all 8-pin DPDT relays would be wired the same way.
The leads I would need to attach are as follows:

Control Board Leads:
Red-live
Orange-Neutral
Green/Yellow-Ground

SPM Pump leads:
Blue-live
Brown-Neutral
Green/Yellow-Ground

Main Power switch:
Red-Live
Black-Neutral

What are your suggestions on which leads specifically go to which pins on the relay?
Any help would be much appreciated.
 View Profile Link to this post
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Vibe-to-Roatary...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.319777011871)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+