Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Quickmill 0925, I just bought the funniest looking espresso machine.
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Quickmill 0925,...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
benpiff
benpiff
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: RocketR58,GrimacMini,Vetrano
Grinder: K10Fresh,LSM FK
Vac Pot: Vario,Pharos
Drip: Livia 90, NS Elli
Roaster: Sonofresco ADR
Posted Tue Apr 17, 2012, 9:41pm
Subject: Quickmill 0925, I just bought the funniest looking espresso machine.

I've seen a few other assorted posts about older Quickmill thermoblock machines such as the 0830 and 0930. But has anyone seen or played with a model 0925? I bought it pretty late at night and my biggest oversight at the time is the fact that is now obvious, "No, none of your spare portafilters can be modified to fit this one." I also picked up a Sama Export espresso project at the same time and am pretty excited about that one. The Quickmill is really funny to look at, but might be a bit too big to justify its existence purely as a comic conversation piece. I really thought the "electronic center" label was funny until I saw the "computer coffee" labeled model.

I will be putting up a want ad looking for a portafilter and spare parts, but thought I'd share some pictures and introductory success on my first attempt. The machine warmed up no problem, but the pump didn't make any sound. And what a strange looking pump it is! The little vib pump that I was planning to put in was dwarfed by the thing, so I grabbed this fat untested pump with uncrimped wires and decided to connect it to the pump terminals. It started pulling water right away, sweet! I've degunked the grinder, which really wasn't as horrid as most other grinders I've purchased out of storage units.

If anyone can help me find a good deal on a 3 tabbed portafilter or 2 anywhere in the world, I sure would appreciate the help! Anyone know how long this family of machines was made (that would help me research compatible PFs)? Also any other tips on maximizing use of this espresso technology would be greatly valued. I doubt this machine will stick around long as my backup or traveling machine, but I have lots of friends and family that are always asking about a good machine to start with on a budget.

Edit: I really tried getting these links to work, but I give up.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-IK5g6ppHhlU/T45 Cb2BbP4I/AAAAAAAAPY8/3wstBbWl5tU/s800/IMG_0362.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-eNU73pAS6a0/T45 CcQquf9I/AAAAAAAAPY8/_ZM2eDkgOOQ/s800/IMG_0363.JPG

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-4a1wQryg_WE/T45 CcZlVFrI/AAAAAAAAPY8/ZuaZeYZ2Ra0/s800/IMG_0367.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-PIVxXld7_Rs/T45 ChNxaxcI/AAAAAAAAPY8/t0dOh0mSTMw/s800/IMG_0368.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-wGc1SIAOvWU/T45 CjLfp1nI/AAAAAAAAPY8/1_BCx_Om6p4/s800/IMG_0373.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-LJAIxszUH8c/T45 CjjUorZI/AAAAAAAAPY8/fnI3ekFtf4I/s800/IMG_0377.jpg

www.oldparkedcars.com
 View Profile Visit website Contact via AOL Instant Messenger Contact via MSN Messenger Link to this post
Ian
Ian

Espresso: Euro2000,Rancilio
Grinder: Mazzer,La Cimbali
Vac Pot: Cona-->CraigA
Drip: Belgique for emergencies
Roaster: Primas with variac
Posted Wed Apr 18, 2012, 1:57am
Subject: Re: Quickmill 0925, I just bought the funniest looking espresso machine.

I got a 404 on the first link:

'The requested URL /-IK5g6ppHhlU/T45%20Cb2BbP4I/AAAAAA AAPY8/3wstBbWl5tU/s800/IMG_0362.jpg was not found on this server. Thatís all we know.'

Maybe try something like photobucket or you can email them to me and I'll stick them in one of my albums?

iancoffee@airpost.net

www.videojug.com/film/how-to-behave-on-an-internet-forum
 View Profile Link to this post
agoldberg

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Wed Apr 18, 2012, 5:33am
Subject: Re: Quickmill 0925, I just bought the funniest looking espresso machine.

Take the space out of the links and they work fine
benpiff
benpiff

Posted Wed Apr 18, 2012, 4:24pm

Why does that space show up there? I'm able to use this for linking to photos for eBay as well as every other forum I've ever used. Anyone have any tips for linking to Picasa?

www.oldparkedcars.com
 View Profile Visit website Contact via AOL Instant Messenger Contact via MSN Messenger Link to this post
benpiff
benpiff

Posted Fri May 11, 2012, 4:00pm

Can any one take a photo of the 3 tabbed portafilter I'll need to find for this machine? Is there another forum that might be a better place to find one for sale?

Thanks in advance for any help.

www.oldparkedcars.com
cappuccinoboy

Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Milano pod, Milano fully...
Grinder: grind on demand
Posted Sat May 12, 2012, 9:48am

benpiff Said:

Can any one take a photo of the 3 tabbed portafilter I'll need to find for this machine? Is there another forum that might be a better place to find one for sale?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Posted May 11, 2012 link

You better address directly QuickMill since you will not find the portafilter elsewhere, that is always the same proprietory three tabs, moulded, stainless steel from day one
Do not even try with brass portafilters : they simply do not fit
Ciao, Pietro
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Quickmill 0925,...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Coffee Kids
Help folks who help folks in coffee producing nations.
coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.411925077438)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+