Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Crossland CC1 first experience was DOA **UPDATE: New unit in**
Great Espresso at Home
Curated selection of the best machines from La Spaziale, Izzo, Quick Mill, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Crossland CC1...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 5 of 6 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
isantoso

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Tue Apr 24, 2012, 4:34pm
Subject: Re: Crossland CC1 first experience was DOA **UPDATE: New unit in**

Yup. Mine too. My CC1 is on timer to be turned on in the morning and afternoon. I did swivel the steam arm over the drip tray so if it leaks it leaks to the drip tray. I haven't notice the leak lately though. I did emailed SCG and they said it's normal. It once left a puddle of water on the counter. I'll check this morning if it still leaks.
 View Profile Link to this post
yiplong

Posted Tue Apr 24, 2012, 6:10pm

isantoso Said:

Yup. Mine too. My CC1 is on timer to be turned on in the morning and afternoon. I did swivel the steam arm over the drip tray so if it leaks it leaks to the drip tray. I haven't notice the leak lately though. I did emailed SCG and they said it's normal. It once left a puddle of water on the counter. I'll check this morning if it still leaks.

Posted April 24, 2012 link

A couple oz of water on the counter is no big deal but I have heard reports from some Seaco users that leaking wand caused the machine to have insufficient brew pressure.  So far it doesn't seem CC1 suffers from this.  

I tried it again, as soon as I turned on the machine, the steam wand started to leak.  I then turned to the steam feature, when that's ready, I purged some steam and it stopped leaking.
grant862

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Crossland CC1
Grinder: Preciso
Vac Pot: Yama 3 cup
Drip: Hario v60
Roaster: Portola Coffee Lab (yum)
Posted Tue Apr 24, 2012, 6:11pm

Mine does it too...i just emailed SCG and got the same response that it is normal for espresso machines to do this.

I only notice mine drips (a drop or two every 4-6 minutes) after I have made a latte or two and leave the machine on for another hour to make some drinks later in the day...but from start up to my first latte (whether that is 10 minutes or an hour) I don't get any drips.
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
yiplong

Posted Wed Apr 25, 2012, 8:50am

I will probably give SCG a call later today just so they are aware.  I am pretty the leaky steam wand is no big deal.  

Do you feel the portafilter on your CC1 is extremely hard to lock in (too tight, need to apply great force to turn)?  Mine is very hard to lock in.  Not sure if this is normal or what.  Probably will ask SCG when I talk to them, but just want to get a sense of what other users are experiencing.
Gig103

Expertise: I like coffee

Grinder: Baratza Vario
Drip: French press!
Posted Wed Apr 25, 2012, 9:21pm

yiplong Said:

I will probably give SCG a call later today just so they are aware.  I am pretty the leaky steam wand is no big deal.  

Do you feel the portafilter on your CC1 is extremely hard to lock in (too tight, need to apply great force to turn)?  Mine is very hard to lock in.  Not sure if this is normal or what.  Probably will ask SCG when I talk to them, but just want to get a sense of what other users are experiencing.

Posted April 25, 2012 link

I don't find that to be the case at all, after pulling a month worth of shots. I was almost wondering if it had gotten too easy, but there isn't any sign that the gasket is bad like sprays or anything.
isantoso

Posted Thu Apr 26, 2012, 5:23am

Btw, check the machine today, no sign of leakage. This is currently on the 3rd week. Maybe the leakage gone after 2 weeks+ (i'm making on avergae 3-4 latte a day.

as for portafilter, it's not hard to lock on mine. Mine locked in nice and tight (the handle looks like between 6-5 o'clock).
yiplong

Posted Thu Apr 26, 2012, 1:23pm

My steam wand has not leaked in the past 2 days.  I haven't changed anything.  Not sure what's going on here.

as for the PF, it's extremely hard to lock on mine.  I can usually only get it to go in to 8 oclock or 7.5 o'clock (if you think of 6 as being the perfect center, and 3 o'clock as locking it in all the way).  Maybe I will use it for a little more and see if it will ease up.  I think the PF was easier when I first got the machine.
isantoso

Posted Fri Apr 27, 2012, 6:31am

Yes, i did not change anything as well. The leak just stop by itself :)

Did you use stock filter basket? have you tried bottomless vs. regular portafilter if that makes any different. When I still using gaggia, I have similar problem when using filter basket from espresso part vs the stock.
yiplong

Posted Fri Apr 27, 2012, 2:44pm

isantoso Said:

Yes, i did not change anything as well. The leak just stop by itself :)

Did you use stock filter basket? have you tried bottomless vs. regular portafilter if that makes any different. When I still using gaggia, I have similar problem when using filter basket from espresso part vs the stock.

Posted April 27, 2012 link

Yeah, I am using the stock basket.  The naked PF is slightly looser than the dressed PF, but not by much.  Without the basket, I can move both PFs slightly past midway.
MisterJohnnyT

Grinder: Compak K3 Touch
Posted Fri Apr 27, 2012, 6:17pm

Why such a concern about how far the portafilter rotates?  As long as no water leaks out from around the pf when you pull the shot, it is in tight enough.  My pf is plenty tight around the 6:30 position, and can only go past that point if there is no basket in it.

Edit: oh wait I just reread your posts.  8:00 or 7:30 is indeed fairly odd.  When I first insert my pf it is at about 7:30 before I even start to lock it in.
showing page 5 of 6 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Crossland CC1...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Rancilio Silvia - How to
Step by step guide for easy brewing and steaming with the Rancilio Silvia
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.390711069107)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+