Espresso: Espresso Machines
Crossland CC1 first experience was DOA **UPDATE: New unit in**
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Crossland CC1...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 6 of 6 first page previous page
Author Messages
diggi
diggi
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Spaz vivaldi S1 V2
Grinder: B Vario, OE LIDO
Drip: Chemex, Espro Press,...
Roaster: Poppery I
Posted Sat Apr 28, 2012, 2:55am
Subject: Re: Crossland CC1 first experience was DOA **UPDATE: New unit in**

yiplong Said:

Do you feel the portafilter on your CC1 is extremely hard to lock in (too tight, need to apply great force to turn)?  

Posted April 25, 2012 link

Are you overfilling your basket and grounds hitting the shower screen?  Does the puck have a shower screen imprint after pulling your shot?
 View Profile Link to this post
yiplong

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Sat Apr 28, 2012, 1:36pm

The gasket has loosened up in the past few days.  Maybe it wasn't seated properly and now has adjusted itself due to use.  PF is now easy to insert.

However, I now have a much bigger problem.  I pulled a shot this afternoon, everything was fine, left the machine on and went to do something else.  A few minutes later I heard some sizzling noise, went back to the machine and saw white smoke coming out of the top, I could smell something burnt, so I quickly turned the main power off.  The outside of the CC1 was quite hot to the touch.  I waited for the machine to cool and opened up the top of the machine. It turned out the thermoblock had been leaking.  There was a big puddle of water right under where the thermoblock and it drips/squirts water whenever I activate the pump.  

At first I thought the whole machine may have been fried, there was a definite burnt smell, but the pump and the boiler both seems to be alive.  The steaming function of course is dead and the electronics are acting weird. I wonder if my earlier trouble with steaming was related to this.  Maybe it's a good idea for those users who also reported issues with steaming function to open up their machines and make sure there is no leak?  I called SCG and they will have a tech call me on Monday.  At this point I am thinking maybe I should just return this guy and go with another machine.  Having major issues in the first month of ownership is certainly not what I expected.  Leaky steam wand and tight PF are small matters that I can live with, but leaking/burning thermoblock is of another magnitude.

This is probably where it is leaking from, there is another place at the bottom where I notice this black, fabric-like material is sticking out of the thermoblock.

yiplong: 20120428-IMG_9204.jpg
(Click for larger image)
wsikes
wsikes
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Gaggia Classic
Grinder: Promac MD-64 AT
Drip: Bunn
Roaster: Behmor
Posted Sat Apr 28, 2012, 2:04pm

yiplong Said:

At this point I am thinking maybe I should just return this guy and go with another machine.

Posted April 28, 2012 link

Good idea!  Maybe a La Marzocco?

Bill
yiplong

Posted Sat Apr 28, 2012, 2:32pm

wsikes Said:

Good idea!  Maybe a La Marzocco?

Posted April 28, 2012 link

La Marzocco is a good machine! But maybe I should take back what I said.  Any machine can have issues, I may just have been unlucky and received a machine with some manufacturing defect in the steamblock.  I was just upset when I typed that.  We will see how Seattle Coffee Gear serves up when I talk to them on Monday.  Hopefully they will take care of it.
yiplong

Posted Mon Apr 30, 2012, 11:39am

Talked to SCG, looks like I will have to ship it back to them to be fixed.  They originally expected me to pay for shipping back, but after I explained that I just had my machine for like 2 weeks, they agreed to pay for return shipping.  I hope everything will work out well and I won't have to deal with this going forward.
Prof
Prof
Expertise: Pro Roaster

Espresso: PV Lusso
Grinder: Pharos 696
Drip: Aeropress
Roaster: Behmor 1600+
Posted Mon Jun 4, 2012, 5:55pm

Any update on the repaired unit?  Are you happy with it?

LMWDP # 010
yiplong

Posted Tue Dec 24, 2013, 7:03am

Prof Said:

Any update on the repaired unit?  Are you happy with it?

Posted June 4, 2012 link

Hi.  This response is about a year late, but hopefully will serve future readers.  

The repaired machine has been working fine.  I had to pay for shipping back to SCG, whole process (including shipping back to me) took about 1 month.  

Recently, the steam wand wouldn't fully shut off, I notice some small amount of steam would leak continuously, I am not sure if this is affecting brew pressure.  The rubber sleeve on the steam wand is broken.  I believe my machine is covered under a 2 yr warranty, so let me talk to SCG again and see what they can do.
Gig103

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Crossland CC1
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Drip: French press!
Posted Thu Jan 2, 2014, 3:50pm

yiplong Said:

Hi.  This response is about a year late, but hopefully will serve future readers.  

The repaired machine has been working fine.  I had to pay for shipping back to SCG, whole process (including shipping back to me) took about 1 month.  

Recently, the steam wand wouldn't fully shut off, I notice some small amount of steam would leak continuously, I am not sure if this is affecting brew pressure.  The rubber sleeve on the steam wand is broken.  I believe my machine is covered under a 2 yr warranty, so let me talk to SCG again and see what they can do.

Posted December 24, 2013 link

Just an FYI, mine had a similar issue, but worse in that my pump wouldn't go off since it was trying to push water/steam. I found that a quick succession of open/close would get it to shut off. Problem is an alignment internally; BillC offered to send me repair instructions, but since I had the SCG warranty I sent it in and it's been fine since.

I'm just glad I get a UPS discount via my wife's company, $9 to ship it instead of $20 :)
showing page 6 of 6 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Crossland CC1...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.460131883621)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+