Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
MyPressi V2 loud POP
Espresso Makers
Premium stovetop espresso makers, electric moka pots, machines & accessories.
www.espressozone.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > MyPressi V2 loud...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
Gowing

Expertise: I live coffee

Posted Wed May 30, 2012, 8:50am
Subject: MyPressi V2 loud POP

Hi,

After pulling a double shot, it's very hard to untwist the water housing of my MyPressi and when I do, the pressure is so built up that it creates a very loud POP!  And the gasket often finds its way below the lip of the basket.  Is this normal??

By the way, it's only $150 on mypressi.com right now... so upset with that.
 View Profile Link to this post
Gig103

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Crossland CC1
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Drip: French press!
Posted Wed May 30, 2012, 10:09am
Subject: Re: MyPressi V2 loud POP

On a regular espresso machine, only ones with three-way solenoid valves can release the pressure on the portafilter immediately after pulling a shot.   I don't have a MyPressi, but I don't see any indication it can do this, so you may just have to give it some time.

Also, how long ago did you buy the product? Did you buy it from mypressi? Did you use an American Express? Because you may have some buyer's price protection depending on the circumstances.
calblacksmith
calblacksmith

Espresso: ECM Vene. A1, La Cimbali M32
Grinder: Azkoyen Capriccio, Major
Vac Pot: 40s era Silex
Drip: Msl. Com. brewers
Roaster: gave it a try, decided no
Posted Wed May 30, 2012, 2:27pm

I am ashamed to say that I bought one used from a member here, like new for a great price.... before Chirstmas and still have not used it. Now, with our house so mixed up with a broken pipe we had and the mess that comes with the rebuilding the damage to the house, the mypressi is locked up in storage and I can't even check for you, Sorry about that.

There is no way to bleed pressure but once you stop pulling the shot, the pressure should drop on it's own but it can take a few minutes I think, just like on an espresso machine without a 3 way valve. Try just letting it sit for a minute or two after use to see how rapidly it bleeds pressure.

In real life, my name is
Wayne P.
Anything I post is personal opinion and is only worth as much as anyone else's personal opinion. YMMV!

Feed the newbs, starve the trolls and above all enjoy what you drink!
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
chasemonster
chasemonster
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Rancilio Audrey
Grinder: Hario Mini Mill
Drip: V60
Posted Thu May 31, 2012, 6:50am

Gowing Said:

After pulling a double shot, it's very hard to untwist the water housing of my MyPressi and when I do, the pressure is so built up that it creates a very loud POP!

Posted May 30, 2012 link

What I used to do, is after pulling the shot, I would test the resistance of the water housing and if it felt too tight, I would just lay it down for a few minutes.
Don't unscrew it until you can easily begin to turn it.
vberch

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Faema Lambro, Faema Faemina,...
Grinder: Mazzer SJ, Pharos, Lido,...
Roaster: 1-lb US Roaster, Behmor
Posted Fri Jun 1, 2012, 6:56am

I know exactly what you mean about the pressure in the "brew head".

I use mine once or twice a day in the office and they are great machines!

Here is what you do...when you pouring water in, pour just enough water for the volume of the drink you are going to make. I make one or two singles (ristrettoes) a day, so I pour just a hair above the bottom water line.

The problem with exessive pressure in the brew head comes into play if there is some water still left in there.

Really simple.

Gowing Said:

Hi,

After pulling a double shot, it's very hard to untwist the water housing of my MyPressi and when I do, the pressure is so built up that it creates a very loud POP!  And the gasket often finds its way below the lip of the basket.  Is this normal??

By the way, it's only $150 on mypressi.com right now... so upset with that.

Posted May 30, 2012 link

Gowing

Posted Tue Jun 12, 2012, 5:39am

Thanks all,

Letting it sit after use helps.  I guess I'll have my double shot in the office kitchen instead of at my desk. :)
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > MyPressi V2 loud...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Italian Biscotti Cookies
Premium artisan quality Italian Biscotti cookies. Many flavors!
www.espressozone.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.382183074951)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+