Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Faema Legend
Support Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids is a non profit charity working with farming communities around the world. Donate today!
www.coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Faema Legend  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
dennisthemenace

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Faema E61
Grinder: Mazzer Major
Posted Tue Jun 5, 2012, 10:13am
Subject: Faema Legend

Greetings. First post although I have been e-mailing JonR10 cause I know he owns a Faema but don't want to keep hassling him, plus there is quite a few threads on this machine on this site. Anyway I'm a week into owning the above machine and have a couple of questions to start with.
1) I have the pressure reducing valve set to 3.2 bar on the incoming water supply and the pressure gauge on the machine reads 2.5 bar. I suspect the machines gauge could be more accurate so I was wondering should I up the pressure on the incoming so the machine reads say 3.5 bar?
2) The drain has a slight leak exiting the drip tray. I have put a jubilee clip around where the hose attaches to the 90 degree bend exiting the machine but it leaks a little around that area. This is due to the machines legs needing a little lift making the hose run at an angle but I've noticed that the 90 degree plastic fitting on the machine leaks if there is say a large amount of water drained into the drip tray. Does the whole of the drip tray (other than the top part)come out so I can access the fitting in question?
Many thanks
 View Profile Link to this post
RickAlbertini

Espresso: Faema Legend, Vivaldi II
Grinder: Macap M7D, Max Hybrid, Macap...
Drip: Technivorm
Roaster: IRoast
Posted Fri Jun 8, 2012, 10:11pm
Subject: Re: Faema Legend

I wouldn't worry about adjusting your incoming line pressure. My line pressure is 2.5 bars and have had no problems. As far as the leak on the drain hose, make sure the legs on your machine are properly installed. They should be bolted to the frame and perpendicular to drip dray. I had a similar problem with my machine and finally after trying several different modifications to the drain hose and drip tray realized that the left front leg was not fastened properly. The machine was sitting slightly cockeyed which caused the drip pan to not seat correctly. Once the leg was adjusted the machine was perfectly level and no drip issues since. The drip pan can be removed by simply removing the top perforated tray and lifting the drip pan. Make sure the 90 degree plastic fitting is secure. Mine points towards the back of the machine half way between the back legs. You do need to make sure you have enough height for the drain hose to run at a slight angle towards your drain. I had the tall legs cut to 1 3/4" so as to fit under my counter yet still have enough slope for the water to evacuate the drain hose.

Hope this helps.
 View Profile Link to this post
JonR10
JonR10

Espresso: E61 Legend, Livietta,...
Grinder: Robur, B-Vario-W
Vac Pot: Hario Tabletop, Yama...
Drip: Technivorm
Roaster: 1-lb US Roaster, Behmor 1600
Posted Sat Jun 9, 2012, 7:15am
Subject: Re: Faema Legend

Sorry I had not seen this before this morning!  

I also cut the original legs, and that helped, but the drain arrangement is the one design feature on this machine that I feel could have been better thought-out.  I feel like the drain cup is too small for how shallow the drip pan is...

What I did was buy a set of (very cheap) platic funnels, and cut a small one to make if fit in the drain cup as a "cup wall extender".  The bottom was removed to allow flow but still fit nicely in the original cup, and then I notched the top to allow the pessure limit release line to remain in place.  

I'll see if I can post a pic this weekend, OK?

Jon Rosenthal
Houston, TX
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Faema Legend  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.479637145996)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+