Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Panarello on Saeco Talea Touch
Coffee Kids
Help folks who help folks in coffee producing nations.
coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Panarello on...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
kathrynlemons

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Wed Feb 24, 2010, 5:50pm
Subject: Panarello on Saeco Talea Touch

Hi!

I just got my Saeco Talea Touch about a month ago!  I love it and it's the most advanced espresso machine I've ever had.  

My last machine, Capresso Classic Luxe, was very obvious in switching from foam to steamed mild.  The tip would be pushed up or down.  

On the Talea, I cannot figure out how to get STEAMED milk.  Sometimes I get So much Froth it overflows and others it is just right.  There is a black tip on the Panarello wand and it goes up and down, but it is really loose and hard to keep in the same position.  Does anyone know if there is a way to control steam/froth on the Talea Touch and if so exactly how to do it?

Thanks!
 View Profile Link to this post
IMAWriter
IMAWriter
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Bezzera Strega
Grinder: Forte, OE Pharos,...
Vac Pot: Adcraft SS, Yama 8 cup
Drip: Brazen, Kalita, Chemex,...
Roaster: Behmor 1600+, CO/UFO combo
Posted Wed Feb 24, 2010, 10:18pm
Subject: Re: Panarello on Saeco Talea Touch

Hi, welcome to CFG.
Lose the Panarello, if you can. A bare wand, even on the short side, will help your consistency, and give you better results to boot.

Rob J (LMWDP #187)
My Music Production web site:
www.robertjason.com
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
elwood00
elwood00
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Conti Prestina Lever
Grinder: Versalab M3, Baratza Vario
Vac Pot: no vac, just pot
Drip: Post-Nasal
Posted Thu Feb 25, 2010, 3:15am

they have a couple different panarello designs out there now. Depending on which one you have here is what you can do:  pull the outer tip off the panarello - you either end up with a longer plastic tip (almost as long as the tip you just pulled off http://www.cerinicoffee.com/item.asp?PID=42 ) - if that is the case, you are in luck - just do not put the tip back on and you are good to go - follow the milk steaming suggestions here in these forums or watch the best guide out there:

http://www.youtube.com/user/jepyraco#p/u/2/KxAvYoymUbM

If, after pulling your tip, you end up with a very short stub, then you have to examine the tip you just pulled off - you will find a little hole near the top of the tip (this is what continuously introduces air while steaming and gives you the large bubbles) - plug up that hole (a toothpick works) - and put the tip back on - it works, but not as well as the other one. However, the steel tube on both versions has the same diameter, so you can switch to the 'old style' (in the link above) for $14 plus some shipping, well worth it, if you have any ambitions for smooth steamed milk and maybe even some latte art....
hoka

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Sun Jun 3, 2012, 9:07am

Read about two types of panarello - and got totally confused. Mine looks like this: Click Here (www.gaggiaparts.com)
It must be the second type - but I see no hole... Which approach should be used with this one?
Gig103

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Crossland CC1
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Drip: French press!
Posted Thu Jun 7, 2012, 11:55am

hoka Said:

Read about two types of panarello - and got totally confused. Mine looks like this: Click Here (www.gaggiaparts.com)
It must be the second type - but I see no hole... Which approach should be used with this one?

Posted June 3, 2012 link

The reason you do not see a hole is because there is a gap that goes around the entire diameter where air comes in, at the top where the tube disconnects to clean.

You can buy the other type with the single hole online (click here). It will still be injecting air from the top but will inject far less air.

Gaggia makes a panarello that turns into a traditional steam arm, but I'm not sure it works with Saeco. Click here
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Panarello on...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Donate to Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids works with farming communities around the world, improving lives. Donate today.
www.coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.459188938141)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+