Espresso: Espresso Machines
WMF Bistro Superautomatic Cappuccino/Espresso Commercial Machine
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > WMF Bistro...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
wvango

Expertise: I love coffee

Posted Thu Jun 28, 2012, 8:46pm
Subject: WMF Bistro Superautomatic Cappuccino/Espresso Commercial Machine

I am new to this site and looking for some suggestions.  I might be picking this machine up as part of a Barter that I need to finalize. Does anyone know anything about these. How much they are worth? And what would be the easiest way to sell or flip it?

This is some of the info that the guy told me about this:

This is the Real Deal. A commercial, Superautomatic Cappuccino/Espresso Machine. This is the WMF Bistro. Comes with the matching milk cooler. Just this option, used, runs about a grand.

I just got this out of the shop and, quite frankly, have too much coffee stuff (if there is such a thing...my wife thinks so), so I am cutting back. The Espresso experts in KC just went through this machine, replaced a fuse, replaced a couple of seals, and fully tested the machine. These guys are good and said this thing is ready to crank out some serious coffee.

Designed to be super easy to use, this superautomatic is a one-step machine...choose your drink, press the button, and serve. This machine will grind, tap, pull the shots, and steam the milk...you add the flavor and that is it.

wvango: 5I75F85Hd3nf3M13Jcc6s052580a61ccd11bf.jpg
(Click for larger image)
 View Profile Link to this post
calblacksmith
calblacksmith
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: ECM Vene. A1, La Cimbali M32
Grinder: Azkoyen Capriccio, Major
Vac Pot: 40s era Silex
Drip: Msl. Com. brewers
Roaster: gave it a try, decided no
Posted Fri Jun 29, 2012, 5:54am
Subject: Re: WMF Bistro Superautomatic Cappuccino/Espresso Commercial Machine

Yep, that is what superautomatics do and that is why we are not very fond of them here. No matter how advanced the electronics and programing is, it will never match the skill of a person who can make the adjustments need as they need to happen.

Even commercial superautos do not have a high rep here, they tend to break down more often than automatic or semi automatic equipment and they make a lessor grade of espresso.

Value.... whatever someone will pay for it.

In real life, my name is
Wayne P.
Anything I post is personal opinion and is only worth as much as anyone else's personal opinion. YMMV!

Feed the newbs, starve the trolls and above all enjoy what you drink!
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
cappuccinoboy

Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Milano pod, Milano fully...
Grinder: grind on demand
Posted Fri Jun 29, 2012, 8:21am

wvango Said:

I am new to this site and looking for some suggestions. ..................

This is the Real Deal. A commercial, Superautomatic Cappuccino/Espresso Machine. This is the WMF Bistro. Comes with the matching milk cooler. Just this option, used, runs about a grand.

I..................

Designed to be super easy to use, this superautomatic is a one-step machine...choose your drink, press the button, and serve. This machine will grind, tap, pull the shots, and steam the milk...you add the flavor and that is it.

Posted June 28, 2012 link

cappuccinoboy

Posted Fri Jun 29, 2012, 8:37am

wvango Said:

I am new to this site and looking for some suggestions........................

Posted June 28, 2012 link

It seems to me that you are thinking of putting this machine in use in your house, apart from any other considerations, WOULD you buy a bus when all you need is a city car or even a full size one ?? just because buying price looks attractive ???
Superauto is a good option for convenience;  for quality you need to use same care as with traditional machines when it comes to grinder adjusting, since no superauto is yet intelligent to adjust itself, still a good superauto, if propelry set, is capable of brewing top espresso, no matter what geeks, who probably never used a good superauto, say
Ciao, Pietro
wvango

Posted Fri Jun 29, 2012, 8:49am

Well the deal with machine is that I am BARTERING, with a vehicle that is worth$8800. The person is offering a 2008 Hot Tub (app value $4000), this machine and a 1994 Mercedew Benz (app value $4000). I just do not know what something like this is really worth. So not buying for my home, just trying to learn about it and its value. Appreciate the posts...
cappuccinoboy

Posted Fri Jun 29, 2012, 9:08am

wvango Said:

Well the deal with machine is that I am BARTERING, with a vehicle that is worth$8800. The person is offering a 2008 Hot Tub (app value $4000), this machine and a 1994 Mercedew Benz (app value $4000). I just do not know what something like this is really worth. So not buying for my home, just trying to learn about it and its value. Appreciate the posts...

Posted June 29, 2012 link

If you happen to know any restaurant owner, it should not be difficult to pass over the deal on the WMF Bistro for $ 2,000, which would make your barter profitable on the basis of values that you quote...
Ciao, Pietro
Gig103

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: Crossland CC1
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Drip: French press!
Posted Fri Jun 29, 2012, 10:08am

If you're not interested in keeping it, that implies you want to sell it. Odds are that Mr. Benz tried to sell it himself and if he still has it, you may have to plan on holding onto it for the short or long term. It's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, and if it takes you 6 months to a year to sell it, is it worth tying up that capital?
wvango

Posted Fri Jun 29, 2012, 10:15am

Nope based off all the info here, i am declining the barter offer.  I truely appreciate all the posts. I talked to Mike (a tech) in Riverside as well.  Th is site is pretty nice. Lots of info and pleasent people to talk to. Thank you all again.
calblacksmith
calblacksmith

Espresso: ECM Vene. A1, La Cimbali M32
Grinder: Azkoyen Capriccio, Major
Vac Pot: 40s era Silex
Drip: Msl. Com. brewers
Roaster: gave it a try, decided no
Posted Fri Jun 29, 2012, 11:07am

cappuccinoboy Said:

It seems to me that you are thinking of putting this machine in use in your house, apart from any other considerations, WOULD you buy a bus when all you need is a city car or even a full size one ?? just because buying price looks attractive ???
Superauto is a good option for convenience;  for quality you need to use same care as with traditional machines when it comes to grinder adjusting, since no superauto is yet intelligent to adjust itself, still a good superauto, if propelry set, is capable of brewing top espresso, no matter what geeks, who probably never used a good superauto, say
Ciao, Pietro

Posted June 29, 2012 link

pietro.... different points of view  ...depending on what one wants and where they place their values

caio!

In real life, my name is
Wayne P.
Anything I post is personal opinion and is only worth as much as anyone else's personal opinion. YMMV!

Feed the newbs, starve the trolls and above all enjoy what you drink!
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
JasonBrandtLewis
JasonBrandtLewis

Espresso: Elektra T1 - La Valentina -...
Grinder: Mahlkönig K30 Vario -...
Vac Pot: Yama 5-cup
Drip: CCD, Chemex
Roaster: No, no, not another...
Posted Sat Jun 30, 2012, 6:26am

WMF . . . as in Why, Mother F*****, would you want a superautomatic?

Hmmmmm . . . . .

JasonBrandtLewis: icon_eek.gif

A morning without coffee is sleep . . .
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > WMF Bistro...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.469489097595)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+