Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Best place to buy BDB and Vario?
Rocket R58 Double Boiler
Rocket Espresso R58 Double Boiler -  Everything you need for the perfect shot!
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Best place to...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
Author Messages
compaddict

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: BDB
Grinder: Proline W/Mazzer burrs
Drip: Capresso MT600
Roaster: Behmor
Posted Mon Jul 23, 2012, 1:33pm
Subject: Best place to buy BDB and Vario?

I want the latest version.. Goodies and price matter as well.

TIA,

Vince
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
mrbjvb

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Quickmill Anita, Rancilio...
Grinder: Compak K3 Touch, Rocky...
Vac Pot: Yama 8 cup
Drip: Behmor BraZen, Chemex,...
Roaster: Behmor 1600
Posted Mon Jul 23, 2012, 1:40pm
Subject: Re: Best place to buy?

What are you looking to buy??
 View Profile Link to this post
compaddict

Posted Mon Jul 23, 2012, 1:45pm

Breville BDB and a Barettza Vario.

mrbjvb Said:

What are you looking to buy??

Posted July 23, 2012 link

CMIN

Espresso: Crossland CC1
Grinder: Baratza Preciso
Posted Mon Jul 23, 2012, 1:51pm

Cheapest Breville DB will be if you have/find/sign up for Bed bath & Beyond 20% coupon and order from them. Vario you can get directly from Baratza whether new or refurb (if they have any refurbs), Ebay (couple used auctions right now), or really any online coffee place carries them from Seattle Coffee Gear to Whole Latte Love etc.
hotwasabipeas
hotwasabipeas

Espresso: NS Oscar
Grinder: KitchenAid ProLine
Drip: Keurig Vue, B70,Tassimo T65,...
Roaster: Wear Ever Popcorn Pumper...
Posted Mon Jul 23, 2012, 3:03pm

CMIN Said:

Cheapest Breville DB will be if you have/find/sign up for Bed bath & Beyond 20% coupon and order from them. Vario you can get directly from Baratza whether new or refurb (if they have any refurbs), Ebay (couple used auctions right now), or really any online coffee place carries them from Seattle Coffee Gear to Whole Latte Love etc.

Has it been confirmed that you can order the BDB from BB&B and be able to use the 20% off coupon?  I've noticed, in the past, that the 20% off coupon has different restrictions on it depending on if you use an in-store coupon or an online coupon.  The online 20% coupon lists Breville as one of the restricted brands and you can't use the coupon for it but the in-store coupon doesn't list Breville as restricted.  It's confusing as to why they do this and I guess you could possibly get by this restriction by having a store order the BDB for you for in store pickup, unless you are lucky enough to find one in the store already (there aren't any BDB machines in the Cleveland area stores).

Please visit my website!

www.planetwasabi.com
GVDub

Espresso: Londinium I, Arrarex...
Grinder: Gaggia MD85, Dienes Mokka,...
Drip: Behmor Brazen, Abid Clever
Roaster: Behmor 1600+
Posted Mon Jul 23, 2012, 3:08pm

Also buying for price or for quality of service (both pre- and post-sale)?

My take is that you can't go wrong buying from one of the CG sponsors, even if it's a couple bucks more, as they're much better with any issues that might arise. Just try getting 'service' from BB&B or any other chain you're likely to find in a mall.
CMIN

Posted Mon Jul 23, 2012, 3:12pm

hotwasabipeas Said:

Has it been confirmed that you can order the BDB from BB&B and be able to use the 20% off coupon?  I've noticed, in the past, that the 20% off coupon has different restrictions on it depending on if you use an in-store coupon or an online coupon.  The online 20% coupon lists Breville as one of the restricted brands and you can't use the coupon for it but the in-store coupon doesn't list Breville as restricted.  It's confusing as to why they do this and I guess you could possibly get by this restriction by having a store order the BDB for you for in store pickup, unless you are lucky enough to find one in the store already (there aren't any BDB machines in the Cleveland area stores).

I don't know about the online one as I always get the store ones to the house constantly, and I know you can use that one for basically anything as I was considering the Breville DB and using the coupon and they said it was fine. But I got a great deal on the CC1 that I couldn't pass up. Their generally flexible though, I've heard of them making exceptions for the coupons as well as allowing them to be used even after expiration which I've done before.

Only thing I don't like is generally they'll still charge shipping even if it's delivered to the store, sometimes you can get it waived but guess depends on your area and store.

GVDub Said:

Also buying for price or for quality of service (both pre- and post-sale)?

My take is that you can't go wrong buying from one of the CG sponsors, even if it's a couple bucks more, as they're much better with any issues that might arise. Just try getting 'service' from BB&B or any other chain you're likely to find in a mall.

Their pretty good actually, I had a friend that bought a Gaggia from them and they ended up replacing the unit fast (typical of large retailers) vs many smaller places that would try to fix issues and maybe nit pick here and there before concluding that it has to be replaced. I think they would have the Breville DB sent to Breville for service, which any other retailer/sponsor will as well since Breville stated they wanted to be the only ones to service the DB machine. Though I think I heard Breville is working on having service centers in certain parts of the country that everyone will deal with since their coffee line has exploded in sales even with the higher cost DB, I think that's what they said unless I'm mistaken?

But yeh if you want that "personalized" call/contact at any moment service, smaller places will be better no doubt. Like my CC1, I can email Bill with any questions and he'll respond detailed and fast. That personalized service is def a plus.
compaddict

Posted Mon Jul 23, 2012, 3:20pm

Waiting for a call back from Seattle Coffee Gear to confirm serial number group for the BDB. I do want the latest version. They seem to have great value added stuff. They are a sponser right?
CMIN

Posted Mon Jul 23, 2012, 3:22pm

compaddict Said:

Waiting for a call back from Seattle Coffee Gear to confirm serial number group for the BDB. I do want the latest version. They seem to have great value added stuff. They are a sponser right?

Since they carry the Vario too, you could see if they'll work out a combo deal. There's a refurb Vario-W on Baratzas' site right now too.

and yes their a sponsor http://coffeegeek.com/resources/advertisers
compaddict

Posted Mon Jul 23, 2012, 4:56pm
Subject: Re: Best place to buy BDB and Vario?

Thanks!
showing page 1 of 2 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Best place to...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Don't suffer bad espresso
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, VBM, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.463150024414)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+