Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Best place to buy BDB and Vario?
Rocket R58 Double Boiler
Rocket Espresso R58 Double Boiler -  Everything you need for the perfect shot!
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Best place to...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
Author Messages
GlenO

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Rocket Cellini PP
Grinder: Forte AP, Macap M4 Stepless;...
Roaster: HotTopB-2k, UFO/TO
Posted Mon Jul 23, 2012, 9:19pm
Subject: Re: Best place to buy BDB and Vario?

GVDub Said:

Also buying for price or for quality of service (both pre- and post-sale)?

My take is that you can't go wrong buying from one of the CG sponsors, even if it's a couple bucks more, as they're much better with any issues that might arise. Just try getting 'service' from BB&B or any other chain you're likely to find in a mall.

Posted July 23, 2012 link

When I was looking to buy a new machine, I briefly considered the Breville DB (and for various reasons, decided against it).  I did contact one of the CG sponsors that carried the BDB and when I specifically asked about warranty or service work  was told that they did no service work on the Breville, all work was done by Breville and that I would have to deal directly with Breville Customer Service on any issues.  I'm all for supporting the CG sponsors (and ultimately did purchase my Rocket from one), but with the lack of after sale service,  I was left wondering why someone shouldn't just go the vendor with the best deal.  When I experimented, the 20% off coupon appeared to work on the Bed, Bath & Beyond website, and even Macy's and Amazon frequently have the machine discounted.  Perhaps other CG sponsors are different, but it is a question I would definitely ask.
 View Profile Link to this post
qualin
qualin
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Izzo Alex Duetto 3
Grinder: Mazzer Mini Elect. Type A
Vac Pot: Looking to buy
Drip: Manual
Roaster: Considering?
Posted Mon Jul 23, 2012, 9:50pm

I have to admit, I was really interested in the 20 percent off coupon at BB&B as well.

Those machines sell for around $1200-$1500 here, so 20 percent off of that nearly had me drooling, until I read the coupons fine print. :-(

My only concern about these machines, now that I think about it, would be the resaleability and depreciation of these machines, especially
considering that only Breville can service them.

Seattle Coffee Gear has a great demo on youtube with Breville's DB unit.

Garbage In, Garbage Out, for every step of the process. From Beans to grinder, grounds to machine, coffee to cup.
 View Profile Contact via ICQ Contact via MSN Messenger Link to this post
compaddict

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: BDB
Grinder: Proline W/Mazzer burrs
Drip: Capresso MT600
Roaster: Behmor
Posted Tue Jul 24, 2012, 3:19pm

Vario-w refurb.. Done!
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
CMIN

Espresso: Crossland CC1
Grinder: Baratza Preciso
Posted Tue Jul 24, 2012, 3:22pm

compaddict Said:

Vario-w refurb.. Done!

Posted July 24, 2012 link

Nice, Baratza has great service too. That was a good deal they had for the W refurb, but if you missed it lately there's been quite a few Vario's going on ebay for fairly cheap (saw used ones get bidded up to damn near "new prices" and others going for very cheap lol). I was bidding on one and then said f' it, as the price was going up and up fast and ended like 10 bucks cheaper then a brand new one.
 View Profile Link to this post
compaddict

Posted Tue Jul 24, 2012, 3:23pm

None of the more local sponsers have the BDB in stock with ser # starting with 12..
Trying others now.
compaddict

Posted Tue Jul 24, 2012, 9:00pm

Got it!
Switching to the owners thread.
showing page 2 of 2 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Best place to...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Rancilio Silvia - How to
Step by step guide for easy brewing and steaming with the Rancilio Silvia
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.372600078583)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+