Espresso: Espresso Machines
Line pressure pre-infusion - is it worth the effort to direct plumb Alex Duetto
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Line pressure...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
dlee388

Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: alex duetto II
Grinder: rocky until I can afford...
Drip: french press
Roaster: popcorn mod
Posted Wed Aug 1, 2012, 4:17am
Subject: Line pressure pre-infusion - is it worth the effort to direct plumb Alex Duetto

I bought a Alex Duetto II from Chris Coffee.  I was wondering if anyone has any insights on whether it's worth the effort to direct plumb it just to get a line pressure pre-infusion.
 View Profile Link to this post
calblacksmith
calblacksmith
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: ECM Vene. A1, La Cimbali M32
Grinder: Azkoyen Capriccio, Major
Vac Pot: 40s era Silex
Drip: Msl. Com. brewers
Roaster: gave it a try, decided no
Posted Wed Aug 1, 2012, 4:35am
Subject: Re: Line pressure pre-infusion is it worth the effort to

A plumbed in machine is much more convenient to use all the way around and the line pressure preinfusion isn't a bad thing either.
When people come here seeking advice in this class machine, most of the time, I will toss in the comment about looking for a plumb in for ease of use.
YMMV!!

EDIT:
When entering a topic for a post, please do not use all the space, the system adds Re: to the topic and if you use all the space, then we have to edit your subject line just so we can post as the subject line is too long.

In real life, my name is
Wayne P.
Anything I post is personal opinion and is only worth as much as anyone else's personal opinion. YMMV!

Feed the newbs, starve the trolls and above all enjoy what you drink!
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
tedegreene
tedegreene

Espresso: Bezzera BZ40
Grinder: Baratza Preciso
Posted Sun Aug 5, 2012, 3:39pm
Subject: It is worth the effort to direct plumb Alex Duetto

Line pressure pre-infusion or not, direct plumb is the way to go.  I can't adequately express the joy it is to pull shot after shot while using the hot water wand prodigiously to heat, rinse and clean cups with never a thought about refilling an empty tank or dumping an overflowing drip tray.  I like my machine so much I wouldn't consider "upgrading" if I hit the lottery but if a catastrophe such as a house fire or theft forced me to consider another pumper, direct connection would be number one on my list of "must have" features.  It would be way ahead of a fancy group head, double boiler, full auto, pressure gauge, PID or any other bell or whistle I can think of. Now that I've experienced direct connection, I would just use another brew method until I could save enough to buy another machine with that capability. I just could't go back to filling and emptying now that I know.  It's like electric windows in an automobile, I could turn a crank but why would I choose to?  The difference in price or difficulty in hook up is just not worth having to deal with a significant inconvenience every day of my life.  I may not drive every day but I will surely drink coffee.

Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: Machine now fixed ;o)
Grinder: None
Vac Pot: None
Drip: None
Roaster: None
Posted Mon Aug 6, 2012, 1:35am
Subject: Is it worth the effort to direct plumb Alex Duetto

Plumb in if it's at all possible - and almost better, plumb out as well.

It really is worth the effort for the convenience alone.
frcn
frcn
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Vibiemme Domobar Double
Grinder: Mazzer Kony, Baratza...
Vac Pot: Hario, 2 Cory pots, 1 Cory...
Drip: Behmor Brazen, Bunn A10 mod...
Roaster: computer controlled Hottop,...
Posted Mon Aug 6, 2012, 4:12am
Subject: Re: Is it worth the effort to direct plumb Alex Duetto

Not having to fill a reservoir (or eliminating a shot from being disrupted because you forgot) makes plumbing worth it. If you can also properly plumb the drain you will never regret the decision. It's been about 16 months since I plumbed mine and I do not regret it at all.  I just have a three gallon jug for the drain and it is still wonderful. The benefit of preinfusion is that it tends to give more even extractions and lessens sprites. Whether it improves taste? You can decide that for yourself.

Visit My Website
www.EspressoMyEspresso.com
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Line pressure...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Coffee Kids
Help folks who help folks in coffee producing nations.
coffeekids.org
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.350094079971)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+