Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Isomac Venus Pump... Burn Out and Fade Away?
Cafe Espresso Machines
Video reviews, nationwide installation, leasing options... Nuova Simonelli, Rancilio, La Marzocco.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Isomac Venus...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Author Messages
skispresso

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: isomac venus
Grinder: macap m4 doserless
Posted Mon Sep 10, 2012, 9:37pm
Subject: Isomac Venus Pump... Burn Out and Fade Away?

Hi CG community, I fear a serious user mistake and I broke the pump I my Isomac Venus. (likely similar to users from this thread from a few years ago:

"Help! I replaced the pump, but..."

I had my timer set to power on early morning, sadly, I must have accidentally also bumped the coffee switch on last night.  This morning, the pump had taken out the water from the reservoir and kept going, Iím not sure for how long but perhaps as much as 30 minutes, (there was a nice electrical smell :(  

I removed the top, all wiring seems to be ok. The pump sound goes on with coffee or hot water switch, but sound is a little weaker and no water from the filled reservoir.  I tried to prime the pump but could not quite get water into it.

Power still works, and I believe the heating element to still be operational.  I cannot determine what beyond the pump is broken.  I have descaled and cleaned on a very regular basis, and the filtered water has not really produced much scaling, so am pretty certain it was my mishap on the coffee switch.

Great machine, and would like to repair if possible. Before I start ordering parts Iím wondering if anyone out there who perhaps experienced something similar with a comparable machine and help perhaps narrow the scope of repairs?

In the meantime I shall teach myself a lesson and drink sanka to help remember to be more careful with switch settings :S
 View Profile Link to this post
CoffeeMills
CoffeeMills
Expertise: Professional

Espresso: la Pavoni Professional
Grinder: Mazzer Mini
Drip: Gravity Cone
Roaster: 49TH  //
Posted Tue Sep 11, 2012, 9:00am
Subject: Re: Isomac Venus Pump... Burn Out and Fade Away?

Hi Skispresso,
Machine should be fixable as long as it still heats up.
Replace the vibration pump.  
We are happy to assist you.
lacoffeemills@gmail.com

CoffeeMills: Isomatic.jpg

Coffee Mills
skispresso

Espresso: isomac venus
Grinder: macap m4 doserless
Posted Thu Sep 20, 2012, 8:18pm

hi CoffeeMills, new pump did the trick, thanks much for the helpful reply!
Markarian
Markarian

Espresso: ECM Technika IV Profi WT-WC
Grinder: Baratza Forte AP, HG One
Vac Pot: Bunn Trifecta MB
Drip: Moka, Aeropress, Hario V60
Roaster: Behmor 1600
Posted Fri Sep 21, 2012, 4:24am

All hail the ULKA EX5.
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Isomac Venus...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Italian Coffee
Italian coffee beans, grinds and pods from Kimbo, LavAzza, Miscela d'Oro & Bristot. Qty. discounts!
www.espressozone.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.349739789963)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+