Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Supper / Automatic machines' baskets - are they all pressurized?
Donate to Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids works with farming communities around the world, improving lives. Donate today.
www.coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Supper /...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 3 of 3 first page previous page
Author Messages
cappuccinoboy

Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Milano pod, Milano fully...
Grinder: grind on demand
Posted Wed Feb 9, 2011, 4:02pm
Subject: Re: Supper / Automatic machines' baskets - are they all pressurized?

jezekilj Said:

Hi everyone and thanks for this great site and forum!

Lots of pros and enthusiasts here! I've learned a lot from you guys just reading and testing by your instructions.

I am still investigating - currently using semi automatic with separate grinder.

Was wondering if anyone could confirm if those super automatic machines are actually using something like pressurized kind of baskets ?

I do not know if they have portafilter kind of mechanism or just simple brew group, but I suppose that due to automation they have pressurized basket parts.

I know that some can grind, measure and tamp but do they all make crema using pressurized double bottom baskets or they really make espresso through commercial kind of basket ?

I doubt that they do so especially because of the space and size of the commercial portafiter heads comparing to the small space available on automatic ones.

At least I doubt for home automatic machines. I do not know for commercial automatics like Concordia etc...

If anyone could advice me on this one because I am deciding between automatic versus semi.

Thanks for your time anyhow.

Posted February 1, 2011 link

If I just knew where you will be living after UAE it could be possible to advise you properly....
Superautos (af far as I know) do not have pressurized baskets, simply because they are not needed, but it seems that you made no note of my first answer , when I specified that "spring loaded upper piston....), anyway a superauto "will take away" just the "joy" of tamping, locking portafilter in place, unlock and discard used puck (manual chores..), still leaving to you responsibility for fine tuning (when and as necessary) to adjust for beans variation and for weather, of course empty drawer and re-fill water...:
If you are bound USA, or North America anyway I would suggest that you call Chris Coffee for their QuickMill MONZA, or Pasquini for their next coming baby VERA, that in my opinion is and will do better than Monza.....that machine really brews great espresso (with possiility to slightly over-under dose, set different temperature, heated coffee group and independent 1.2liter steam boiler, 38mm conical burrs and perfect size to fit under your low kitchen cabinets..)....still there will be some waiting, while Monza is finally in stock and ready for delivery....I say that a superauto is a love gesture, meaning that you keep it finely tuned and your loved ones can make the same good (great..) shot just pressing a button... besides it is certainly more demanding in maintenance but it pays back with a lot less cleaning required....and anyway if you are not a champion your shots will be of much superior consistency....of course you are supposed to use fresh coffee......
Whatever you do good luck, ciao, Pietro
 View Profile Link to this post
jezekilj

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Sat Feb 12, 2011, 10:57am

Hi to all et al,

Finally :o) my Dualit clone - PALSON Caprice died yesterday.  \o/ yeeeeeeeee!
Just I started getting nice shots on de-pressurized baskets.

It is overheating - I believe the thing that switches-off heater is gone... as I am only getting steam out of the brew head. Nevertheless it was a 100$ . I will send it to the service but now I am considering to buy:

a) Gaggia Pure  - I believe it is clone of Classic which is just stainless still model but twice more expensive.

or

b) NEMOX Napoletana ( with grinder)

this is before I finally decide if I ll go for super auto or Salvatore Traditional machine
jezekilj

Posted Sat Feb 12, 2011, 1:41pm

cappuccinoboy Said:

Still it puzzles me that you should base your purchase on the basis that you can import any machine at a price 30% cheaper than market price, since no reputable manufacturer would sell directly to an end user and bypassing distribution network,;my advice is : buy only from reputable vendors who offer after sale service and warranty, and possibly only after you have actually tested the machine (if possible)
Ciao, Pietro

Posted February 2, 2011 link

Pietro I ll resolve your puzzle:

This decision is not based on $$$. this is more emotional impulsive or say personal purchasing strategy - I choose product but since I am paying i also frequently choose the seller as well regardless of price. Price is also important form me but not as much as joy of purchase

This is me just not allowing distributor to be greedy

If someone is greedy I ll never by from him even if I must pay twice more as its price by going and re-visiting and re-visiting ....original supplier

And I am doing this always to keep joy of purchase for something I like.

So if I want some product because I like it I ll go for it to buy it with pleasure .

If I fill someone is so greedy and wana take 30% more than others are taking just because he or she  is only supplier that is making my purchase unpleasant - not enjoyable and since I still want that product I will make pleasure purchasing it form another source that is honest.

I believe you got the picture on my decision - I am attached emotionally to what I buy so I do not want any bitterness reminding me of someone being greedy while selling it to me while I had a need to buy it.

For example: here they do not allow MAZDA UAE to sell Mazda RX models  with Wankel's engine just because they are not mature enough ( UAE ) to maintain its engine.

But this is best engine in terms of energy conversion ratio and that will not stop me to import it here on my own.

So when I ll invest some $$$ bucks into espresso machine I'll for sure going to spend some time to see who will be the lucky seller.

And I ll not give it to ones begin ignorant or greedy.

The whole point is I am choosing what I ll do with my money and I ll never give it just because it is cheaper.

Some product being cheaper in terms of post sales service and support in a long run still does not qualify seller in my mind if he is greedy or ignorant.

To be more precise Pietro:

I am so in this coffee Ill either open full chain from roastery  to final product here in UAE or I ll simply move my self to Italy or back to xyz place to Europe to enjoy it.
cappuccinoboy

Expertise: Professional

Espresso: Milano pod, Milano fully...
Grinder: grind on demand
Posted Sat Feb 12, 2011, 2:06pm

jezekilj Said:

Pietro I ll resolve your puzzle:

This decision is not based on $$$. this is more emotional impulsive or say personal purchasing strategy -................
This is me just not allowing distributor to be greedy
If I fill someone is so greedy and wana take 30% more than others are taking just because he or she  is only supplier that is making my purchase unpleasant -

And I ll not give it to ones begin ignorant or greedy.

To be more precise Pietro:

I am so in this coffee Ill either open full chain from roastery  to final product here in UAE or I ll simply move my self to Italy or back to xyz place to Europe to enjoy it.

Posted February 12, 2011 link

Hi Nikola, wish you can start your full chain and be very successfull, you will need to make a profit in order to be successfull and grow, but that does not mean you are greedy.. that's just part of the game of beeing in business: just a friendly advice, make sure you get all the necessary know how before you start (it cannot be limited to your Dualit espresso machine and pop corn roaster...), because there is always a reason when the neighbour's grass is greener....
Ciao, Pietro
jezekilj

Posted Sat Feb 12, 2011, 11:55pm

cappuccinoboy Said:

Hi Nikola, wish you can start your full chain and be very successfull, you will need to make a profit in order to be successfull and grow, but that does not mean you are greedy.. that's just part of the game of beeing in business: just a friendly advice, make sure you get all the necessary know how before you start (it cannot be limited to your Dualit espresso machine and pop corn roaster...), because there is always a reason when the neighbour's grass is greener....
Ciao, Pietro

Posted February 12, 2011 link

Well Pietro

I just said many funny things while out of good coffee. Was nervous. Tried to bring it to service but they are not open yet and than I paid parking ticket that is as much as my Dualit so I think I ll trow it away or just use it as an extra steam wand - it can bring nice micro-foam with its classic wand.

Thanks for advice anyhow I agree with you 100%

Greed and sales mind set are two different things

Just I would like to investigate further before I pay big amount. The fact is I am now looking for quick replacement till I decide so I believe Nemox or Gaggia will do some good thing

On the other hand I am more toward automatics(super) as I would like my familly and friends can enjoy making this by them selves.

Still I failed to find Pasquini Vera or any other of their brand . On dot com web page they are only selling Cimbali super autos - is this the same?
jezekilj

Posted Fri Sep 23, 2011, 1:12am

Hi everyone!

Sorry for late feedback, but I found final solution for home.

Monodor pods Lavazza and super auto machine with controllable brewing temperature, controllable pre-infusion time and controllable water dosage.

It gives all convenience, espresso is great and by using capsules I am avoiding all mess related to super autos cleaning and inability to properly grind. No mess no cleaning and still you have control over above parameters.

For me it is most convenient solution for home and or office.
jezekilj

Posted Tue Oct 9, 2012, 11:23am

One year feedback

Still with lavazza pods
showing page 3 of 3 first page previous page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Supper /...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Rancilio Silvia - How to
Step by step guide for easy brewing and steaming with the Rancilio Silvia
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.421128988266)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+