Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
New La Spaziale 'Dream Machine' from CCS???
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > New La Spaziale...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 1 of 9 last page next page
Author Messages
etout00

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: La Marzocco GS/3 MP
Grinder: Compak K10 WBC
Posted Wed Oct 17, 2012, 12:05pm
Subject: New La Spaziale 'Dream Machine' from CCS???

Does anyone know about the new La Spaziale Dream Machine that Chris Coffee Service has posted on their Facebook page? There are some pics posted and apparently it has an LCD screen, USB port, brew profiles and updatable firmware....just curious if anyone knew about this. Not sure if this is the next Vivaldi machine?
 View Profile Link to this post
qualin
qualin

Espresso: Izzo Alex Duetto 3
Grinder: Mazzer Mini Elect. Type A
Vac Pot: Looking to buy
Drip: Manual
Roaster: Considering?
Posted Wed Oct 17, 2012, 11:42pm
Subject: Re: New La Spaziale 'Dream Machine' from CCS???

etout00 Said:

There are some pics posted and apparently it has an LCD screen, USB port, brew profiles and updatable firmware....

Posted October 17, 2012 link

OK, this is an espresso machine only a computer geek, such as myself, could love. I'm going to hazard a guess that it'll be considerably
more expensive than the Vivaldi. I can see how a few people could mistake it for a super-automatic.

I'll keep an eye on this thread. Would like to know more myself, if only out of curiosity.

Garbage In, Garbage Out, for every step of the process. From Beans to grinder, grounds to machine, coffee to cup.
 View Profile Contact via ICQ Contact via MSN Messenger Link to this post
jwoodyu
jwoodyu
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Allex Duetto II
Grinder: Mazzer Major
Posted Thu Oct 18, 2012, 4:16am

If it can pressure profile like the Synesso Hydra that would be freaking killer provided it does not cost 11K. Of course La Spaziale make machines besides the consumer model Vivaldi so it will be cool to watch the details develop.

Yes i have a reason for leaving SCG off my list, yes it is my opinion, yes it is subjective as opinions are by definition, no don't start a flame war because you disagree.
etout00

Espresso: La Marzocco GS/3 MP
Grinder: Compak K10 WBC
Posted Thu Oct 18, 2012, 5:35am

Here's the Facebook page, they have more pics up...

Click Here (www.facebook.com)
jwoodyu
jwoodyu

Posted Thu Oct 18, 2012, 5:45am

Looks consumer targeted machine alright. I am still hopping for pressure profiling else the electronics really don't do that much for me. Maybe they will post some nitty gritty later today.

Yes i have a reason for leaving SCG off my list, yes it is my opinion, yes it is subjective as opinions are by definition, no don't start a flame war because you disagree.
Endo
Endo

Espresso: machine is < important than...
Grinder: !
Posted Thu Oct 18, 2012, 6:37am

See some more thoughts here:

Click Here (www.s1cafe.com)

Looks like Chris's team did some nice changes to get another S1 exclusive for the US (S1 V3 ?).

Many of the changes apear to be cosmetic improvements (several we discussed already at S1cafe). Although the LCD screen (with integrated timer I assume) is a great "non-cosmetic" improvement that has been a long time coming! The USB port is another functional change, but I assume it simply involves tapping into the control box to get the temp readout (simple temp logging driver and software included I expect).

I wouldn't expect any fancy internal changes (like pressure profiling or charge heating), but I might be wrong. At first glance, it appears like the grouphead is improved. But on second look, it seems this is only a chromed plastic cover (like on the Silvia). Not a totally bad thing, since it will help keep the heat in and warm the S1's cold nose a little.

I like the brushed stainless and glossy black side panels and drip tray! All simply polishing changes....but nice non the less. (Now we'll be cleaning the sides and not the chrome :-). LEDs are nice too.

I expect the price to be roughly the same ($2200 to $2400), since I see no significant extra re-curring manufacturing costs involved in making these changes (and they need to stay competitive with the other DBs ...like the Duetto, Rocket, etc).
jwoodyu
jwoodyu

Posted Thu Oct 18, 2012, 7:30am

Endo Said:

See some more thoughts here:

Click Here (www.s1cafe.com)

Looks like Chris's team did some nice changes to get another S1 exclusive for the US (S1 V3 ?).

Many of the changes apear to be cosmetic improvements (several we discussed already at S1cafe). Although the LCD screen (with integrated timer I assume) is a great "non-cosmetic" improvement that has been a long time coming! The USB port is another functional change, but I assume it simply involves tapping into the control box to get the temp readout (simple temp logging driver and software included I expect).

I wouldn't expect any fancy internal changes (like pressure profiling or charge heating), but I might be wrong. At first glance, it appears like the grouphead is improved. But on second look, it seems this is only a chromed plastic cover (like on the Silvia). Not a totally bad thing, since it will help keep the heat in and warm the S1's cold nose a little.

I like the brushed stainless and glossy black side panels and drip tray! All simply polishing changes....but nice non the less. (Now we'll be cleaning the sides and not the chrome :-). LEDs are nice too.

I expect the price to be roughly the same ($2200 to $2400), since I see no significant extra re-curring manufacturing costs involved in making these changes (and they need to stay competitive with the other DBs ...like the Duetto, Rocket, etc).

Posted October 18, 2012 link

Nice touches and a just a bit of "overstated marketing" but not the "dream machine", yet.  Good stuff Endo and I bet your spot on.

zedex

Espresso: Spaz v2
Grinder: vario
Posted Thu Oct 18, 2012, 7:46am

Looks like basically the same machine only updated software for screen and led lights. I wonder if you can retrofit that display. I like it.
Endo
Endo

Espresso: machine is < important than...
Grinder: !
Posted Thu Oct 18, 2012, 8:11am

Don't get me wrong.

Yes, there are a lot of nice cosmetic changes to look at, but don't forget  this machine has been developed through several smaller changes over about 6 years and is almost perfect as is. In fact, with these latest modern convenience changes and the rock solid, quality parts underneath (and about 4000 sold already), this may be the best espresso machine ever!

We're not talking Breville here. This is a commercial quality, ETL rated DB machine for a little over $2000.
jwoodyu
jwoodyu

Posted Thu Oct 18, 2012, 9:53am

Endo Said:

We're not talking Breville here.

Posted October 18, 2012 link

To be sure! :)

showing page 1 of 9 last page next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > New La Spaziale...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Craft Roasted Coffee
Some days you make the coffee. Other days the coffee makes you.
bit.ly/craftroasting-ks
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.427967071533)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+