Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Need Help:: NS Musica or Rocket R58
Home Espresso Machines
Watch videos with Gail & Kat, Rocket, Jura Capresso, Saeco, Rancilio, Quick Mill, Nespresso
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Need Help:: NS...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 5 of 8 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
Coffeenoobie
Coffeenoobie
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: N S Oscar
Grinder: K30 & Vario W
Posted Mon Nov 12, 2012, 12:56am
Subject: Re: Need Help:: NS Musica or Rocket R58

It looks very nice.  Good luck with your machine.  Nice art also.

Coffeenoobie

Buying advice: GRINDER GRINDER GRINDER. Don't cheap out on the grinder.

My coffee treasure map...
Click Here (maps.google.com)

Oscar trick out: http://s156.photobucket.com/user/GandBteam/story/14231
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
AMubaslat

Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Nuovo Simonelli - La Musica
Grinder: Eureka Mignon Instantineo
Drip: Bosch
Posted Mon Nov 12, 2012, 1:37am

Koifla Said:

Hi
I have not seen much talk or reviews here on the Musica or much on Nuova Simonelli. It was interesting to see this now. I just got the Musica 2 days ago. Why? I don't think anyone else has it? Looked at all the machines in its class or price range and saw very little about the Musica. Saw lots of detailed info and opinions on all the others. It is a hard choice and I am sure none are bad. I based my choice on I can watch champion barista's using this machine(s) on shows and in comps. If I can't make a nice drink on it I can blame me. Also it looks nice, very unique. The others all look kind of the same with kind of the same parts. I know that may not be an accurate statement but just an off opinion. It's kind of nice to have a machine that does not need pid to maintain temps and Nuova Simonelli look like they have engineered stuff that works.
I have not used it enough to give much of an opinion except what took 3 min to do on my silvia takes about 30 sec. I used some illy and my own roast to taste test and the musica seems to deliver a fuller flavor. I think I saw in one comparison test on SCG they noticed the same thing where the Musica brought out more taste. I need to get a feel for changing from a single hole wand on the silvia with a knob to the four hole all on lever. The Musica gives me about 30 sec if that to stretch before the milk is up to temp.  
The volumetrics may need to be programmed better but I try them. I like the single shot button as a flush. Give it a shot before I load the PF. Don't judge my shots or pics yet I am not use to the machine yet but getting there but I post a pic

Posted November 11, 2012 link

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm very happy to see you are satisfied with the brewing and steaming capabilities of the Musica.

Would you please let us know what thoughts you have on the Cool Flushing to need of the Musica? Did it require a long/moderate/short flush before pulling your shot? i'm quite interested in this.

Thank you,
- Ammar
 View Profile Link to this post
Koifla
Koifla
Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: Rancilio Silvia with Watslow...
Grinder: Rancilio Rocky
Drip: w
Posted Mon Nov 12, 2012, 9:54am

With only my limited level of expertise I flush so there is not anymore steam and just use the single dose button. This lets me hit it and do something else. I think what Nuova Simonelli does is run water through the group head to help stabalize temps. I think it gives it added temp stability over groups that do not. If I am correct in what I am saying. Most of my decision was based on trust that they know what they are doing.
Koifla
Koifla
Expertise: Just starting

Espresso: Rancilio Silvia with Watslow...
Grinder: Rancilio Rocky
Drip: w
Posted Mon Nov 12, 2012, 9:55am

Thanks
Coffeenoobie
Coffeenoobie

Posted Mon Nov 12, 2012, 11:34am

You will find the cooling flush is really no big deal and useful for heating the cup and shot glass.  The musica looks very cool and is probably very robust on the inside because so much of it is like my Oscar. The Musica has the same group head and as the Oscar but they put in small restricters to tweak the thermosyphon and it works really well from my understanding of someone posts that has upgraded at least 2 oscars with these.  He recorded the temp change of the water and he felt it improved the output more than any other upgrades he did to the 2 oscars he rebuilt.  They have made a tiny change that really helps the group head temp stay very stable.  
I think you would be happy with either of the machines you have settled on.  Pick the one you like best with a bit of weight given to the one that you can get serviced where you are.  Try to get some hands on but I know it might be hard where you are.

Coffeenoobie

AMubaslat

Posted Mon Nov 12, 2012, 11:39am

Koifla Said:

With only my limited level of expertise I flush so there is not anymore steam and just use the single dose button. This lets me hit it and do something else. I think what Nuova Simonelli does is run water through the group head to help stabalize temps. I think it gives it added temp stability over groups that do not. If I am correct in what I am saying. Most of my decision was based on trust that they know what they are doing.

Posted November 12, 2012 link

Great. Wish you pleasant times with the Musica with never ending luscious espressos.
AMubaslat

Posted Mon Nov 12, 2012, 12:08pm

Thank you Coffeenoobie...

I think I can see the Musica coming up my way :), I got a very good quote from the local distributor, while distributors for other machines seem to be in chaos.
Coffeenoobie
Coffeenoobie

Posted Mon Nov 12, 2012, 12:17pm

I agree chaos before the sale makes you gun shy.

Coffeenoobie

AMubaslat

Posted Sun Nov 18, 2012, 11:03am

Dear CG Fellows,

I thought its worth letting you know that finally I went with the NS La Musica. The La Musica seemed like the best option given my situation. It has a well-established local distributor who was willing to provide 2-years of warrantee, free upgrade to the LUX version, 5-lb of illy coffee beans and a full set of illy-branded espresso/cappuccino cups. Was a great deal.

As much as I was interested in the Mini Vivalid, but it's local distributor was as much hazy about the deal and the pricing. It seems they wanted to sell me one machine for the price of two.

Finally, I thank you very much for the honest and helpful opinions expressed herein.

Thank you,
-Ammar
Coffeenoobie
Coffeenoobie

Posted Sun Nov 18, 2012, 11:38am

I am sure you will be happy with your machine.  It sounds like you got a nice deal.

Coffeenoobie

showing page 5 of 8 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Need Help:: NS...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.365216970444)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+