Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Does anyone know of a Gaggia Retailer that offers an additional warranty?
Support Coffee Kids
Coffee Kids is a non profit charity working with farming communities around the world. Donate today!
www.coffeekids.org

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Does anyone know...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 2 of 3 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
Coffeenoobie
Coffeenoobie
Expertise: I like coffee

Espresso: N S Oscar
Grinder: K30 & Vario W
Posted Wed Nov 21, 2012, 1:11pm
Subject: Re: Does anyone know of a Gaggia Retailer that offers an additional warranty?

If they will not give you what you want you need to adjust your expectations or go elsewhere.

I know I am beating a dead horse here, but I think you are worried about nothing, if we were talking a superauto machine extra warranty would be needed but you are talking about a simple machine that is really really reliable.

Coffeenoobie

Buying advice: GRINDER GRINDER GRINDER. Don't cheap out on the grinder.

My coffee treasure map...
Click Here (maps.google.com)

Oscar trick out: http://s156.photobucket.com/user/GandBteam/story/14231
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
BrookNYC

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Wed Nov 21, 2012, 1:15pm
Subject: Re: Does anyone know of a Gaggia Retailer that offers an additional warranty?

LOL yes you are beating a dead horse, I am stickler for good customer service because I am very loyal. I decided to go elsewhere. I am pondering between ordering the Gaggia directly from Amazon with the warranty or getting the Via Venizia through SCG with a warranty. At least I know which grinder I am getting ;)
 View Profile Link to this post
BrookNYC

Posted Wed Nov 21, 2012, 1:26pm

CN if you look at the Amazon Reviews for the Gaggia some users have reported problems which is why I want a warranty just in case I get a lemon. I really don't think I am being unreasonable but maybe I am.
Coffeenoobie
Coffeenoobie

Posted Wed Nov 21, 2012, 2:06pm

I am not trying to talk you into WLL, just into not worrying about paying for an extra year warranty you will more than likely not need.  I would think the gaggia owners here would give you a more informed/expert opinion over amazon general public. Having enjoyed the videos and met them in person I am more likely to recommend SCG even though I have not bought from them.

Coffeenoobie

BrookNYC

Posted Wed Nov 21, 2012, 2:21pm

Thanks more than likely I will order the Saeco from SCG. I doubt I will regret it  much. Hopefully by the time my via venezia  conks out I will be ready for an upgrade.
JasonBrandtLewis
JasonBrandtLewis
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Elektra T1 - La Valentina -...
Grinder: Mahlkönig K30 Vario -...
Vac Pot: Yama 5-cup
Drip: CCD, Chemex
Roaster: No, no, not another...
Posted Wed Nov 21, 2012, 7:19pm

Much ado about nothing -- you're better off with the Gaggia.  But go ahead.  Do what will make you happy . . . The regular price of the Gaggia Classic -- BOTH on Amazon, and WLL, is $449 (list $499). So, you're already saving $150 off list, $100 off regular retail, and you're upset because they won't give you an EXTRA $50 off?!?!?!

Uh, yeah.  Good luck with that.

JasonBrandtLewis: beathorse.gif

A morning without coffee is sleep . . .
BrookNYC

Posted Wed Nov 21, 2012, 9:41pm

I am not asking for an extra $50 off perhaps you read my post wrong. Both WLL and Amazon are selling the Gaggia for $349. WLL list price on their website is $449 and they are listing it on Amazon $399 which is $50 more than their list price on their website. I would have chosen to order through their website but they do not offer an additional warranty which is a deal breaker for me. In addition I suggested a store credit which would have insured that my next purchase which happens to be a grinder would have also been purchased through them also.

Perhaps I am overly cautious but I rather be overly cautious than have a $350 paperweight sitting on my countertop. I understand that everyone on here has never had a problem with Gaggias breaking down but the fact is they do and the company warranty sucks which is why SCG no longer sells them (I found this out after researching Gaggia on this site). Better safe than sorry is the rule I follow.
Coffeenoobie
Coffeenoobie

Posted Wed Nov 21, 2012, 11:08pm

Do what makes you comfortable.

Coffeenoobie

BrookNYC

Posted Thu Nov 22, 2012, 11:51pm

I a still banging my head against the was as I spent another $15 at Starbucks today. I have a few more question if my Gaggia were to breakdown where would I send it to get fixed, other than the manufacturer. Should I just wait and save up for the CC1. This is my first purchase and I want it to be a good machine that I can grow on.
Coffeenoobie
Coffeenoobie

Posted Fri Nov 23, 2012, 1:51am

I valued "good machine that I can grow on" over new machine.  I valued easy to get parts that I could fix myself over electronics. I wanted heavy duty machine so a low volume commercial was what I picked for my money.  I valued a machine that could steam and pull shots at the same time.

However given your 2 choices and being a person that works with computers, I probably would get a CC1 over a Gaggia.  Fast steaming after pulling a shot can't be over rated. So for that reason I would have to say CC1.  But it is a really close call for me.  Gaggia is older proven tech and cc1 is newer less proven tech.  That is part of the deal, old and simple or new and techy.  If you don't plan to fix it yourself I guess it doesn't matter too much.

Almost any espresso repair place will fix a Gaggia.  I am not sure the same can be said about the CC1.  The thermoblock is not like a boiler.  It probably is not that much harder to work on but it is different from most machines and so not anyone would work on it.  I am sure the block and electronics are propitiatory.

Coffeenoobie

showing page 2 of 3 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Does anyone know...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repair - Parts - Sales
Factory Authorized &
Trained Technician
www.espressocare.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.394569158554)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+