Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
New La Spaziale 'Dream Machine' from CCS???
Commercial Equipment
Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, Rancilio. Nationwide installation. Instant financing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > New La Spaziale...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 8 of 9 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
jwoodyu
jwoodyu
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Allex Duetto II
Grinder: Mazzer Major
Posted Mon Nov 26, 2012, 9:28am
Subject: Re: New La Spaziale 'Dream Machine' from CCS???

Given that you won't be plumbing it in and you want pre infusion then I would say La Spaziale. With Chris behind me and the solid foundation that the dream is built upon I would not be nearly as concerned about it as say a completely new machine.

I would recommend caution regarding the absolute of never plumbing it in. I say this only because this board is full threads were startups thought they would never plumb in their machines only later to risk divorce, drill holes in granite counter tops, floors, walls or purchase furniture and bottled water systems just to plumb it in. To the person once plumbed they will tell you its the best mod they have ever done. Well at least I don't recall having ever seen anyone regret plumbing it in.

Yes i have a reason for leaving SCG off my list, yes it is my opinion, yes it is subjective as opinions are by definition, no don't start a flame war because you disagree.
 View Profile Link to this post
JohnLyn
JohnLyn
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: La Spaziale Mini Vivaldy
Grinder: Vario
Drip: Bonavita
Roaster: Toastess popper
Posted Mon Nov 26, 2012, 9:55am

jwoodyu Said:

Given that you won't be plumbing it in and you want pre infusion then I would say La Spaziale. With Chris behind me and the solid foundation that the dream is built upon I would not be nearly as concerned about it as say a completely new machine.

Posted November 26, 2012 link

Fair enough, I do keep wondering if one day I will regret not having opted for the Dream T. That being said, I do have peace of mind with the Mini. But the Duetto 2 at 2000$! That's great if you are in the US!
jwoodyu
jwoodyu

Posted Mon Nov 26, 2012, 10:17am

Being ignorant of such things but looking out my office window across the river and into Windsor CA about the legal / moral ramification about someone driving across the bridge making a purchase and driving it back across. I mean if you unbox the bloody thing and toss it in the trunk along with a suit case of dirty clothes and say well i was visiting friends for a week and took my machine.....

Not that I am recommending such behavior just wondering.

Yes i have a reason for leaving SCG off my list, yes it is my opinion, yes it is subjective as opinions are by definition, no don't start a flame war because you disagree.
zedex

Espresso: Spaz v2
Grinder: vario
Posted Mon Nov 26, 2012, 10:18am

I was one of those who thought i would never plumb a machine in. But after 15 some years of constantly refilling the tank, draining the drip tray, etc. Having a plumbed in machine is fantastic. It sure is not necessary, but once you have it, its just a nice luxury.

As to the new dream machine. After looking at better quality pictures a few days ago, i am not a fan of the display. It just does not look right to me, the shape of it or something. I am happy with my V2 just the way it is.
cuznvin

Espresso: La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II
Grinder: MACAP M4 Stepless /Baratza...
Drip: YouBrew
Posted Mon Nov 26, 2012, 11:43am

Also, why would I choose one sized portafilter over the other? Does one have a benefit over the other?
jwoodyu
jwoodyu

Posted Mon Nov 26, 2012, 12:10pm

For the most part or at least my part it was compatibility issues. There is just more stuff available for the 58mm like baskets, tampers etc.

zedex

Posted Mon Nov 26, 2012, 8:51pm

I love the 53 mm PF. It seems you get a nicer extraction, and a real nice firm puck. The 53 mm is deeper so it holds together nice.
 A month ago i was pulling some shots on my old silvia which i sold to my sister. That 58 mm seemed so clunky.Was nice getting back to the 53mm.
JohnLyn
JohnLyn

Espresso: La Spaziale Mini Vivaldy
Grinder: Vario
Drip: Bonavita
Roaster: Toastess popper
Posted Tue Nov 27, 2012, 12:09am

jwoodyu Said:

Being ignorant of such things but looking out my office window across the river and into Windsor CA about the legal / moral ramification about someone driving across the bridge making a purchase and driving it back across. I mean if you unbox the bloody thing and toss it in the trunk along with a suit case of dirty clothes and say well i was visiting friends for a week and took my machine.....

I have just become a fan of being able to ship the machine back to where the warranty is easily honoured (if necessary). Idirnkcoffee maintains the 2 year warranty and will cover shipping if the machine has to go back to them. Phone support and getting parts out to you of course. Being loyal to a shop that can easily service your machine has become important to me. Otherwise, believe me, I have thought about the cross border purchase....

zedex Said:

i am not a fan of the display. It just does not look right to me, the shape of it or something. I am happy with my V2 just the way it is.

Probably because they opted for the Batman shape...
zedex

Posted Tue Nov 27, 2012, 7:39am

jwoodyu Said:

Well,If you get caught smuggling the machine, technically , they can and will seize it, and also fine you.Believe me,if they do search your vehicle and see that big machine in your trunk all shiny and glorious. They will do whatever it takes to get their money out of you.Thats all they want really. Plus you will be red flagged for 8 years .  Which means when you go through the border, they either search your vehicle more thoroughly, or you just proceed as normal. On that note. I had no problem buying from CCS. You are paying tax anyways, just the duty is extra. So if you get a good deal, feel free.
zedex

Posted Tue Nov 27, 2012, 7:43am

JohnLyn Said:

Probably because they opted for the Batman shape...

Posted November 27, 2012 link

Yup. Thats why. It does not look good.
showing page 8 of 9 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > New La Spaziale...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Learn @seattlecoffeegear
Learn all about coffee, watch videos, read how-to articles.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.546665906906)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+