Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Breville Dual Boiler BES900XL Owners Thread
Commercial Equipment
Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, Rancilio. Nationwide installation. Instant financing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Breville Dual...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 124 of 266 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
carz07
carz07
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Breville Dual Boiler
Grinder: Baratza Vario, Bodum Bistro,...
Drip: V60, Phin, Bonmac, Ame. Drip
Posted Sat Dec 8, 2012, 12:18am
Subject: Re: Breville Dual Boiler BES900XL Owners Thread

RaymondParker Said:

The link is dead

Posted December 7, 2012 link

try this direct link, i think it links to a .gif graphic file which has ratios, do a right click and open in new tab

Click Here (www.home-barista.com)

Travel the world with a cup of coffee
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
michaelgo

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Breville 900XL
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Posted Sat Dec 8, 2012, 4:50pm

For those of us without an HB account

Click Here (www.home-barista.com)
 View Profile Link to this post
JayGo

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Sat Dec 8, 2012, 5:33pm

Those of you who have been eyeing on this machine can get one now for 899.99 at Amazon.  Get them before the price goes back up.
njgsx96

Posted Mon Dec 10, 2012, 6:51pm

Hello everyone.  I am so glad I found this post!  A few days ago I jumped on the deal Amazon had for $899 as a Christmas present to my father.  It arrived today and before wrapping it up I opened the box to make sure it looked OK and had all the parts.  I didn't check but I believe the filter and filter holder are in the water tank.  I saw the frothing jug in there as well.  Can anyone tell me what is found on the top of the packaging?  When I opened it I saw the manual, baskets, the portafilter and the tamper but I ntoiced a nice size square cutout that looks like something should be there.  Is this just by design or is there supposed to be something else there?  Is it supposed to come with an allen key, cleaning tablets and sisk as well?  or are those in the water tank also?  I didn't want to open it all up but I might just have to I guess.

Thank you so much for any information!
Rich
carz07
carz07

Posted Mon Dec 10, 2012, 7:01pm

njgsx96 Said:

Hello everyone.  I am so glad I found this post!  A few days ago I jumped on the deal Amazon had for $899 as a Christmas present to my father.  It arrived today and before wrapping it up I opened the box to make sure it looked OK and had all the parts.  I didn't check but I believe the filter and filter holder are in the water tank.  I saw the frothing jug in there as well.  Can anyone tell me what is found on the top of the packaging?  When I opened it I saw the manual, baskets, the portafilter and the tamper but I ntoiced a nice size square cutout that looks like something should be there.  Is this just by design or is there supposed to be something else there?  Is it supposed to come with an allen key, cleaning tablets and sisk as well?  or are those in the water tank also?  I didn't want to open it all up but I might just have to I guess.

Rich

Posted December 10, 2012 link

look for a video seattle coffee gear in youtube, they have a video unboxing the double boiler you can see it there

scruzloose33

Posted Mon Dec 10, 2012, 8:31pm

njgsx96 Said:

Rich

Posted December 10, 2012 link

Don't worry, nothing goes there. I bought two of them and thought the same thing both times, but nothing was missing from either box.
njgsx96

Posted Mon Dec 10, 2012, 9:48pm

Thank you so much for the quick replies!  Can't wait to see my father's face when he opens this up.  I wish I bought 2....  I want one!
washburned

Espresso: La Nuova Era Cuadra II
Grinder: Baratza vario
Posted Wed Dec 12, 2012, 6:07am

I apologize but I have not read the entire thread yet. But I do have a question regarding the maintenance of the machine. How often does it need to be sent in for regular maintenance was it after a certain amount of use? And what does that cost? Thanks
carz07
carz07

Posted Wed Dec 12, 2012, 6:19am

BubbaDude Said:

I would tighten up the grind to get your cup down to 19 dry/38 wet. You must have a loose grind to get those numbers.

What's your temp?

Posted December 5, 2012 link

bubbadude

i dialed already 18gdry/39gwet but im getting super bitter
i did both 200 and 198 temp
both at 32sec

how to fix?

klund
klund
Expertise: I like coffee

Grinder: Baratza Vario-W
Posted Wed Dec 12, 2012, 12:33pm

washburned Said:

I apologize but I have not read the entire thread yet. But I do have a question regarding the maintenance of the machine. How often does it need to be sent in for regular maintenance was it after a certain amount of use? And what does that cost? Thanks

Posted December 12, 2012 link

Nobody on this thread has had their machine long enough to require it to be sent in. IIRC, estimates were given that it would need servicing every three to five years. It would need to go to an authorized Breville repair center. Depending upon the popularity of the machine, the authorized location listing will probably change in two years.

So, to sum up, probably every three to five years, and cost as yet to be determined. Anybody else know something more specific?

-- klund

Well then, you should see me without coffee.
showing page 124 of 266 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Breville Dual...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Rocket R58 Double Boiler
Rocket Espresso R58 Double Boiler -  Everything you need for the perfect shot!
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.4373960495)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+