Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Breville Dual Boiler BES900XL Owners Thread
Find the Right Machine...
Package deals on the best machines from Izzo, Quick Mill, Rocket, La Marzocco & more.
www.clivecoffee.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Breville Dual...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 184 of 265 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
BubbaDude
BubbaDude
Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: Breville Dual Boiler
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Vac Pot: Yama
Drip: Clever Coffee Dripper
Roaster: Hottop 2KB
Posted Wed Apr 10, 2013, 1:19pm
Subject: Re: Breville Dual Boiler BES900XL Owners Thread

Iluvdabean Said:

Is this number three?

Posted April 10, 2013 link

Yes, that's why I wrote "new new BDB."

"I've Scaced many HX/E61 machines, seeing shot variances of up to 8-10F or more. [The BDB] stays within 1F." - Mark Prince
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
Iluvdabean
Iluvdabean

Espresso: La Nuova Era Cuadra/Gaggia...
Grinder: Baratza Preciso/K-A Pro...
Drip: Bonavita BV 1800 TH
Roaster: Nesco 1010/Behmor 1600
Posted Wed Apr 10, 2013, 1:53pm

Well ones things for sure you have a lot of perseverance my friend.

BubbaDude Said:

Yes, that's why I wrote "new new BDB."

View Profile Contact via ICQ Link to this post
BubbaDude
BubbaDude

Espresso: Breville Dual Boiler
Grinder: Baratza Vario
Vac Pot: Yama
Drip: Clever Coffee Dripper
Roaster: Hottop 2KB
Posted Wed Apr 10, 2013, 2:02pm

Iluvdabean Said:

Well ones things for sure you have a lot of perseverance my friend.

It's not hard, as long as I don't press the "Kill Button" it works fine. You should see what I go through with cycling accessories.

"I've Scaced many HX/E61 machines, seeing shot variances of up to 8-10F or more. [The BDB] stays within 1F." - Mark Prince
 View Profile Visit website Link to this post
cuznvin

Espresso: La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II
Grinder: MACAP M4 Stepless /Baratza...
Drip: YouBrew
Posted Wed Apr 10, 2013, 6:00pm

BubbaDude Said:

I'm getting a new new BDB. The one i currently have, an early /B, throws Err1 messages if you press the wrong key at the right time. I can force an Err1 by simply pressing the Power button when the machine is in sleep mode and I want to turn it off, for example. It will also throw the Err1 if it's awake but toward the bottom of the temperature control range. If I wake the machine up from sleep mode by pressing a button other than Power, it simply flashes a few times and wakes up like it's supposed to to. The coffee it makes is fine, and the only consequence of the error message is to cause me to quickly unplug and re-plug the machine, which I can do fast enough enough that it doesn't even lose its time setting.

But it's annoying, and Breville agreed with me that this Err1 is caused by a firmware bug. So they took a look at the firmware, found the problem, and tested the heck out of it. The new machine is supposed to be on its way today, so we'll have it in two days or so for a little end user testing. I'm guessing they wish they'd put in a USB connection so the user could update the code on his own, so maybe that's a feature the new models will have. It raises the unit price a little, but in the long run it has to save on service costs and that sort of thing.

I'm glad the Err1 thing has been fully sorted, if indeed that's the case.

Too bad they arent sending one of the soon to be released models!
 View Profile Link to this post
Iluvdabean
Iluvdabean

Espresso: La Nuova Era Cuadra/Gaggia...
Grinder: Baratza Preciso/K-A Pro...
Drip: Bonavita BV 1800 TH
Roaster: Nesco 1010/Behmor 1600
Posted Thu Apr 11, 2013, 6:54pm

Maybe you can get some perks or something....???? An inconvenience reward or something......dont ya think.

BubbaDude Said:

It's not hard, as long as I don't press the "Kill Button" it works fine. You should see what I go through with cycling accessories.

View Profile Contact via ICQ Link to this post
joatmon

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Fri Apr 12, 2013, 7:41am

No. 3.  Seem to recall a prediction.
hotwasabipeas
hotwasabipeas
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Crossland CC1, NS Oscar,...
Grinder: Baratza Vario 886
Drip: Flavia SB100 (makes a hot...
Posted Fri Apr 12, 2013, 8:23am

Here's the new dual boiler from Breville at SCAA: The Oracle BES980XL.   Built-in grinder and it auto-tamps and froths milks automatically too.  It looks cool but I hope it doesn't take the place of the current Dual Boiler.

hotwasabipeas: Breville Oracle.jpg
(Click for larger image)
hotwasabipeas
hotwasabipeas
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Crossland CC1, NS Oscar,...
Grinder: Baratza Vario 886
Drip: Flavia SB100 (makes a hot...
Posted Fri Apr 12, 2013, 8:26am

Here' are some larger pics:

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/5122/brevilleoracle.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img198/6675/brevilleoracle.png
cuznvin

Espresso: La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II
Grinder: MACAP M4 Stepless /Baratza...
Drip: YouBrew
Posted Fri Apr 12, 2013, 8:35am

hotwasabipeas Said:

Here's the new dual boiler from Breville at SCAA: The Oracle BES980XL.   Built-in grinder and it auto-tamps and froths milks automatically too.  It looks cool but I hope it doesn't take the place of the current Dual Boiler.

Posted April 12, 2013 link

Is this the descalable model? Are there any other models they are releasing? Really not into the built in grinder.
JohnLyn
JohnLyn

Espresso: La Spaziale Mini Vivaldy
Grinder: Vario
Drip: Bonavita
Roaster: Toastess popper
Posted Fri Apr 12, 2013, 9:03am

BubbaDude Said:

I'm getting a new new BDB. The one i currently have, an early /B, throws Err1 messages if you press the wrong key at the right time. I can force an Err1 by simply pressing the Power button when the machine is in sleep mode and I want to turn it off, for example. It will also throw the Err1 if it's awake but toward the bottom of the temperature control range. If I wake the machine up from sleep mode by pressing a button other than Power, it simply flashes a few times and wakes up like it's supposed to to. The coffee it makes is fine, and the only consequence of the error message is to cause me to quickly unplug and re-plug the machine, which I can do fast enough enough that it doesn't even lose its time setting.

But it's annoying, and Breville agreed with me that this Err1 is caused by a firmware bug. So they took a look at the firmware, found the problem, and tested the heck out of it. The new machine is supposed to be on its way today, so we'll have it in two days or so for a little end user testing. I'm guessing they wish they'd put in a USB connection so the user could update the code on his own, so maybe that's a feature the new models will have. It raises the unit price a little, but in the long run it has to save on service costs and that sort of thing.

I'm glad the Err1 thing has been fully sorted, if indeed that's the case.

The really good news about your situation is that they can finaly identify the cause of the Err1 (don't know about 2 and 3). That drove me nuts that they had no idea what it was. Hoepfully that means that they are able to fix it rather than just replace the unit.  That would have kept me with the BDB. I was never able to "force"  the Err 1-2 or 3 messages and had the same experience as you of being able to unplug-replug and then make great coffee.

Phil had posted this about the Err1 on another thread:

"Err1 is generated when the software detects a signal from the brew boiler NTC that is not within a specified range. From initial production, there were a batch of NTCs that were not within our required spec. That's why some have reported this happening on multiple machines. Sometimes tracking down these intermittent issues is really hard because they don't present themselves everytime the machine is used. Usually turning the machine off at the wall socket & turning back on will allow you to continue to use the machine, and sometimes it never happens again....if it does continue to occur, then return it for service & the NTC will be replaced.

Cheers, Phil "

The thing I like is that Breville keeps displaying excellent customer service.
showing page 184 of 265 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Breville Dual...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.516433954239)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+