Our Valued Sponsor
OpinionsConsumer ReviewsGuides and How TosCoffeeGeek ReviewsResourcesForums
Espresso: Espresso Machines
Trying to Decide R58, Quickmill Qm7,  Breville DB
Commercial Equipment
Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, Rancilio. Nationwide installation. Instant financing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com

Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered  
Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Trying to Decide...  
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
showing page 40 of 41 first page | last page previous page | next page
Author Messages
cuznvin

Expertise: I love coffee

Espresso: La Spaziale Mini Vivaldi II
Grinder: MACAP M4 Stepless /Baratza...
Drip: YouBrew
Posted Wed Feb 27, 2013, 11:57am
Subject: Re: Trying to Decide R58, Quickmill Qm7,  Breville DB

KBO17 Said:

I received mine from IDC this past monday.  It was purchased from their open box sale.  The unit is really in perfect shape and runs as advertised.  No unusual pump noise to report.  This being said it does sound different when water is pulled to the service boiler, a tad louder, but I think that is normal.  When I pull my shots the sound is consistent with what I have heard from the YouTube posts out there and no hissing sound.  Although still relatively new I can not say anything negative.  The shots are great and the steam is amazing.  I get better microfoam using the smaller hole tip supplied with the unit.  

One thing that is of slight concern is my pump pressure adjustment knob below is not perpendicular with the base.  It does work fine as I adjusted the pressure several times.  The pump being rubber mounted may have moved during shipping is what I am told.  Should I be concerned?

I'll have more time over the weekend to play with it and report any findings.  So far very, very, pleased.

Posted February 27, 2013 link

It was probably Italo's returned machine!
 View Profile Link to this post
Italo2275

Expertise: Just starting

Posted Wed Feb 27, 2013, 12:27pm

Would you be able to make a video on how it sounds when pulling a shot?
I am very interested in what a normal sound is.
Italo2275

Posted Wed Feb 27, 2013, 2:15pm

I wanted to thank you for the video of a normal machine, glad that I am not going nuts.
cuznvin

Posted Wed Feb 27, 2013, 2:16pm

Italo2275 Said:

I wanted to thank you for the video of a normal machine, glad that I am not going nuts.

Send them both to Mr Meo and ask him why they dont sound the same if it is normal!~
Italo2275

Posted Wed Feb 27, 2013, 2:33pm

I did and that was the response. I am not wasting my time with him.
Might just swallow the pill and get the Izzo. Just have to find a good vendor and hope the current one will give me the money back.
cuznvin

Posted Wed Feb 27, 2013, 2:40pm

CSME9 Said:

I agree.......if the Rocket man does not want to acknowledge this is an issue that is bad business. Top vendors are not moving his product right now, this is not good for sales or customer confidence. I know 3 people that are ready to buy an R58 but are gun shy right now.

same here. wanted to buy one but I wont now..
DavecUK

Posted Wed Feb 27, 2013, 3:47pm

Jmanespresso Said:

Just a comment on the Duetto 2 and 3..

1. Just some feedback, version 3 case is harder to get on/off than the 2 and doesn't use as nice fittings (captive nuts), these newer fittings don't help. BUT and  BIG BUT, it's a lot easier to get to the inside of a Duetto for maintenance than a lot of other machines. Plus you can access the bottom on the earlier models, just removing plates (sort of Dexian type construction)
  2. Version 2 and 3 are to all intents identical inside
  3. Drip tray is a lot bigger on version 2
  4. Grouphead flex is because those silly sods at Izzo keep insisting on using an 8.5mm group gasket, change it for an 8 and it's fine...the Duetto 3 has a slightly "better" portafilter which fits even worse with an 8.5mm group gasket, no wonder they decided to strengthen the front.

I am also working on a water warning indicator for the Rotary pump that will give a simple visual warning of a leak, long before it does any damage, so keep an eye out on the Coffeetime Wiki. It should be simple to make and fit. I am sure someone in the USA will come up with some whizzy electronics, but for me, it's a low tech solution costing a few cents.

P.S. Cos that tube, from the pump housing....well it's a joke right......
DavecUK

Posted Wed Feb 27, 2013, 3:50pm

KBO17 Said:

One thing that is of slight concern is my pump pressure adjustment knob below is not perpendicular with the base.  It does work fine as I adjusted the pressure several times.  The pump being rubber mounted may have moved during shipping is what I am told.  Should I be concerned?

No, and if you are simply open her up, loosen the pump circlip a little, twist the pump till it's straight to your satisfaction and then tighten it up again. It will certainly satisfy any OCD complex about having it straight, but will serve no other useful purpose ;-)
KBO17
KBO17
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Rocket R58
Grinder: Compak K3T
Posted Wed Feb 27, 2013, 4:36pm

Thanks DavecUK this is reassuring.
KBO17
KBO17
Expertise: I live coffee

Espresso: Rocket R58
Grinder: Compak K3T
Posted Wed Feb 27, 2013, 4:41pm

Italo2275 Said:

I did and that was the response. I am not wasting my time with him.
Might just swallow the pill and get the Izzo. Just have to find a good vendor and hope the current one will give me the money back.

My good friend got his Duetto3 from Espresso Planet in Mississauga.  Great service.  I got my Compak K3T from them and was pleased with the service.
showing page 40 of 41 first page | last page previous page | next page
view previous topic | view next topic | view all topics
Discussions > Espresso > Machines > Trying to Decide...  
New Topics updated topics   New Posts new posts   Unanswered Posts new unanswered     Search Discussion Board search   Discussion Board FAQ faq   Signup sign up  
Not Logged in: Log In to Postlog in
Discussions Quick Jump:
Symbols: New Posts= New Posts since your last visit      No New Posts= No New Posts since last visit     Go to most recent post= Newest post
Forum Rules:
No profanity, illegal acts or personal attacks will be tolerated in these discussion boards.
No commercial posting of any nature will be tolerated; only private sales by private individuals, in the "Buy and Sell" forum.
No SEO style postings will be tolerated. SEO related posts will result in immediate ban from CoffeeGeek.
No cross posting allowed - do not post your topic to more than one forum, nor repost a topic to the same forum.
Who Can Read The Forum? Anyone can read posts in these discussion boards.
Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post new topics.
Who Can Post Replies? Any registered CoffeeGeek member can post replies.
Can Photos be posted? Anyone can post photos in their new topics or replies.
Who can change or delete posts? Any CoffeeGeek member can edit their own posts. Only moderators can delete posts.
Probationary Period: If you are a new signup for CoffeeGeek, you cannot promote, endorse, criticise or otherwise post an unsolicited endorsement for any company, product or service in your first five postings.
Cafe Solutions
Commercial sales and service, nationwide installation, equipment leasing options.
www.seattlecoffeegear.com
Home | Opinions | Consumer Reviews | Guides & How Tos | CoffeeGeek Reviews | Resources | Forums | Contact Us
CoffeeGeek.com, CoffeeGeek, and Coffee Geek, along with all associated content & images are copyright ©2000-2014 by Mark Prince, all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated. Content, code, and images may not be reused without permission. Usage of this website signifies agreement with our Terms and Conditions. (0.57937002182)
Privacy Policy | Copyright Info | Terms and Conditions | CoffeeGeek Advertisers | RSS | Find us on Google+